Simple Question: Will You Be Buying WWE '13?

MrBrightside1189

Will You Buy WWE '13?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Be Purchasing WWE '13?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't know.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...I'm one of those that enjoy universe mode and its additions (when they work properly) to this year. If they don't do anything to drastically improve upon that mode then I have no real reason to buy the game. Roster doesn't matter so much because they'll never have a roster that I would want so there's no reason to let that make my decision.

I got every one from 2008 to 2010 (later traded them all in), but skipped SvR 2011 because of the negative feelings towards Universe mode. However, I got lured in to buying WWE '12 because of Lesnar being in (Vader also being in was a bonus). If Road Dogg makes the cut for WWE '13 as rumored, I'll pick it up. If he's not in, I'll pass.

Not to be judgemental or anything, but with CAW mode and everything we can do, I'm surprised there are people who are lured to the game by little roster additions. I mean you can use the couple guys you wanted for awhile but wouldn't that just lose its luster after awhile? You would really spend sixty bucks on a game because one or two special guys are in it?

Not to be judgemental or anything, but with CAW mode and everything we can do, I'm surprised there are people who are lured to the game by little roster additions. I mean you can use the couple guys you wanted for awhile but wouldn't that just lose its luster after awhile? You would really spend sixty bucks on a game because one or two special guys are in it?

^This

All the guys the want they can make since Caw mode came to WWE games.I think they just need a reason to buy the game and one or two people making the roster is a weak reason IMO.

^This

All the guys the want they can make since Caw mode came to WWE games.I think they just need a reason to buy the game and one or two people making the roster is a weak reason IMO.

You don't want to see my non-original CAWs. Believe me.

it's 2 early 2 tell, 4 me at least. we have no idea what's in the game. i know the opener(think it was opener) said "based on your expirences with wwe12" but 2 me, wwe12 wont effect me when wwe13 comes out. if i was like that, i'd be done with wwe games after SvR 2008 lol. but wwe13 will have 2 be a huge improvement and not just have a few new characters and attires. i seen someone post something about removing online mode(except 4 CCs) so they'd stop focusing on it. i agree with that as i never play online matches(although a lot of ppl do so i can see why thq wont take it out). i think thq should focus more on core gameplay(obviously) and customization like in universe mode and all create modes(maybe bring back create a belt?). i normally buy their games every year but unless they massively improve, i wont be buying wwe13. maybe when its really cheap but not wasting 60 buckes 2 be entertained 4 like 2 months only 2 realize it sucks(like when i got wwe12). don't get me wrong, wwe12 was ok but just 2 many problems. btw, didn't thq say they fixed the online server? cuz i tried it 2day and it took like 5 minutes of loading just 2 get one logo.

Being a gaming journalist, it kind of saddens me to see the sort of response this is getting. There's a lot of people who are stating they'll be buying the game out of "tradition" and because they've bought all of the other WWE games. Sadly, this is becoming more of a trend for a lot of games today, so companies aren't really getting our messages because we're still gladly handing our hard earned money over.

If you guys aren't going to take a stand in some form, then THQ is always going to sell copies and never get the message that most of you want to send, whether it be to stop removing moves, fix the online, better roster (even though WWE controls that), or whatever else your heart desires, big or small. This is how companies like Activision, THQ, and EA are able to milk you with franchises that many of you complain are "the same $^&* every year," games like Call of Duty, WWE, and Madden.

In the end, THQ is a business. How do you hurt a business and get your messages heard? By taking money out of their wallets, and making them not meet their quarterly and fiscal goals.

To those of you who are purchasing the game because WWE '12 hasn't cause you any problems, then more power to you, I wish I was in your boat.

Being a gaming journalist, it kind of saddens me to see the sort of response this is getting. There's a lot of people who are stating they'll be buying the game out of "tradition" and because they've bought all of the other WWE games. Sadly, this is becoming more of a trend for a lot of games today, so companies aren't really getting our messages because we're still gladly handing our hard earned money over.

If you guys aren't going to take a stand in some form, then THQ is always going to sell copies and never get the message that most of you want to send, whether it be to stop removing moves, fix the online, better roster (even though WWE controls that), or whatever else your heart desires, big or small. This is how companies like Activision, THQ, and EA are able to milk you with franchises that many of you complain are "the same $^&* every year," games like Call of Duty, WWE, and Madden.

In the end, THQ is a business. How do you hurt a business and get your messages heard? By taking money out of their wallets, and making them not meet their quarterly and fiscal goals.

To those of you who are purchasing the game because WWE '12 hasn't cause you any problems, then more power to you, I wish I was in your boat.

Exactly. It kills me how you can't win with this. You get people who go on that you can't affect change by bitching all the time, then the moment you take a stand and try to take money away from the company, you get just as many people saying they're buying the game because hey, why not. THQ is learning nothing from this, and if WWE 13 makes as much, if not more money next year, and the same problems arise, then nothing has been gained. They've got free reign to make whatever kind of game they want, and believe me, the least work and resources that THQ can use to make as much money as they can at this point, they will be doing it.

Exactly. It kills me how you can't win with this. You get people who go on that you can't affect change by bitching all the time, then the moment you take a stand and try to take money away from the company, you get just as many people saying they're buying the game because hey, why not. THQ is learning nothing from this, and if WWE 13 makes as much, if not more money next year, and the same problems arise, then nothing has been gained. They've got free reign to make whatever kind of game they want, and believe me, the least work and resources that THQ can use to make as much money as they can at this point, they will be doing it.

Yes I second that. And it's not so much a THQ thing to put in the least amount of work possible. It's just human nature. I don't doubt that some of the people working on the game are wrestling fans, but even a wrestling fan might get sick of dealing with the same stuff every day and just do the minimum to get the job done. The real only way to fix the problem is to raise whatever the minimum is. The only way that will happen is if they don't sell enough copies of the game.

There's another problem involved here and that's WWE itself and its fans...well...the ones that are left anyway. WWE has found a way to survive the viewership falloff over the past ten years by making sure their shows are still entertaining enough to attract a particular audience. That audience is similar to the one they had before the monday night wars kicked in full gear; the people who watch WWE and only WWE without even thinking twice about it. Those fans will buy the game no matter what for the most part..bottom line. Their standards aren't anywhere near ours and so all they really care about is the big roster and the story mode. So unless the guys at THQ really do value our input, I doubt we'll see much difference in WWE 13.

Archived