3D: Your views

Slevin.

What do you think of 3D?

I personally don't see the point in it. I've never thought to myself "I would like to see this movie in 3D" nor have I had the urge to go watch a movie in 3D, maybe you have to see what it's like for yourself but I've never been behind the idea. Now with the added annoyance of movies being re-released just to add 3D is beyond pointless to me. I saw an advert advertising some 3D movie and it pretty much sparked this response from me and from that I wanted to get some other views on the subject.

Discussion has been had numerous times. 3D is cool for some things, useless for others. The only movie I have seen so far that I have really enjoyed in 3D, was Avatar...which I believe is because that movie was actually shot specifically for 3D, not shot with standard film and then converted like many other movies are. I think 3D definitely has a place in film. It isn't just a novelty...but it should only be used where it fits. In the end, it's just a choice. Some people enjoy it...so there's no reason to do away with it.

I think 3D will be more important for the future of video games than it will be for the future of film.

Honestly I don't want to have 3D in anything. When I'm watching a movie or playing a game I want to be immersed yes but I don't want 3D because more than anything it just jumps out at me as a movie/game trying too hard to immerse a person in the medium and then I lose focus on the movie or game and end up paying more attention to the 3D than the actual plot. For me non-3D media will always be superior to 3D.

Gimmick. Simple as. As much as it's used in cinema nowadays, as it has been used almost since cinema began, it will go the same way that the 3D gimmick has gone every time it materialized. It's too expensive to shoot, not enough films use it and 3D televisions will never be household items because there's too much that goes into them and people don't wanna where the glasses every time they what TV

Only movies which have had good 3D are Avatar, Harold and Kumar 3, Fright Night, Kung Fu Panda 2. 2nd half of Transformers 3 and Step Up 3D thats all i cam think of right now. Its fine for some movie but useless for others like most recent which was flat out terrible was Ghost Rider 2.

According to most of my lecturers, 3D is basically doomed if they don't sell many 3D TV sets this summer for the Olympics. Apparently they'll be pulling the plug on it as far as it's use in TV goes. As for movies go, it can be good if used in the right way, but all too often it's utter trash thrown in to jack up ticket prices.

I hope that it does die out. Then we can all look back and laugh at those silly two years of subpar 3D content.

To me, 3D isn't that great. In almost every medium that uses 3D now a days, it's just misused. Take movies for example. They'll hype a movie up saying it has the best 3D effects. You go and the effects are worth crap. Now while it usually depends on where you sit, if you sit in the middle of the theater, and you can't really tell what the 3D is, there's no point in it being used. Some movies use it really well, and some don't. The same can go with video games.

3d is basicly how the studios is getting there money back for moviegoers sense that was the only thing that save them last year

I'm usually good at deciphering retarded shit, but... what?

I bought a bigass 3D TV. Because I can. The novelty of the 3D portion has kinda worn off. It's cool to watch stuff in 3D from time to time, but it's really not worth the high price they're at now. DirecTV has some channels that broadcast only in 3D. They have some really cool documentaries that are specifically made for 3D viewing. The first person perspective of touring big cities around the world is my personal favorite program.

Archived