We Want All-Stars 2

raiden1992

Why are you praising&blaming THQ as a whole for the difference in All Stars&SvR/WWE'12 games?,All Stars was done by a a different team and even a different THQ studio than ones for the rest of WWE games!

Yeah but at the end of the day the two teams both represent THQ and it's THQ itself that will have the last word on if we get a sequel to All Stars, not either of the teams.

I discuss this with my friend all the time. Can you imagine how much fun a TLC match would be in All-Stars?

Yep. My original thought when I played All Stars was that they should just use that engine for the Smackdown series. The animations were better, I liked playing it. Take out all the extreme stuff and sim it up just a bit and it would be more like the old N64 era games.

Sidenote...Are you the same Tsel from CAG that hooked me up with the Bulletstorm pass???

I discuss this with my friend all the time. Can you imagine how much fun a TLC match would be in All-Stars?

Yep. My original thought when I played All Stars was that they should just use that engine for the Smackdown series. The animations were better, I liked playing it. Take out all the extreme stuff and sim it up just a bit and it would be more like the old N64 era games.

Sidenote...Are you the same Tsel from CAG that hooked me up with the Bulletstorm pass???

Haha, that was you?! Yep. There's only one Tsel that roams the internet.

Haha, that was you?! Yep. There's only one Tsel that roams the internet.

Sho nuff my friend. Same here.

I didn't really pay attention at first and then I said "I've seen that name before" so I searched on here and nothing came up so I just let it slide. And then I saw you in this post, haha. For some reason my searches and what not don't work on here at all. I can't even view my own content or posts.

Agreed,A lot of the gameplay could work perfectly in both styles IF modified for each!!

• 1 month later...

To this day I still enjoy All Stars more then WWE 12 the only issue I have with this game is that they should of had more matches, I can imagine how fun it would be playing a TLC match in All stars or even a Hell In A Cell, Basically the matches that are in wwe 12. I wish they took more time developing this game but they had to release it for promotion which is Unfortunate because I guarentte if they spend more time on it I would of even enjoyed it more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

^ Same, especially if they made it with a bigger roster and maybe more arenas. The thing that bugged me about All Stars 1 was it's lack of match types, which I suppose is understandable as it was only the first game. Maybe including blood in the sequel (if there is one) would be quite cool.

If I didn't know any better I would have said Allstars was made by the guys from AKI that made No Mercy and all those great wrestling games. It has a similar grapple based system, the graphics were similar to the cartoonish AKI models, it was extremely fluid and very simplistic but also fun.

I just recently got back into this game and I'm enjoying it more than I ever did before. I think the main reason is because it's FUN. Once I stopped looking for all the things it wasn't or didn't do I discovered just how great this game really is.

I would love to have an All-Stars 2 or TNA Impact 2 that looks and plays like this.

What I would add/change:

- More legends. Rick Rude, Iron Shiek, Vader, Goldberg, Scott Steiner, and a bunch of others need to be in this game. Double the roster.

- Option to turn off KOs.

- Momentum swing similar to DOR2 where you could use a sig to flip the health. Either that or some way of regaining health during the match.

- Ladder match. Could work similar to the Cage match.

- AI that makes better use of irish whips, turnbuckles, and weapons.

If they just did these few things the game would be vastly improved and make purchasing the new game worth it. The foundation is already there, so it would be a waste and shame for All-Stars to be the only game to come out of it.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Although I do agree that a second WWE All Stars would be interesting, but you have to think about what could be brought into the game to advance it from the first WWE All Stars. I've been playing ever since Smackdown vs Raw 2007 and no matter what advances that have been brought in to "better" the game in whatever manner, the fact is this, because of the over the top appearances of the in-game superstars and the DLC superstars with the addition of the insane variations of the superstars move sets/finishers, this game rocks already. So if there was actually going to be a second WWE All Stars, how could the creators make this game any better than it is. At least that's my perception.

It could still be WAY better. CAW mode had a lot of room for improvement, that alone would have been a big advancement. More fighting modes and being able to fight backstage would be awesome. Some type of Royal Rumble mode, better graphics, especially on the newer systems and the PC. You get the idea here, whatever there was already can still be improved on.

Although I do agree that a second WWE All Stars would be interesting, but you have to think about what could be brought into the game to advance it from the first WWE All Stars. I've been playing ever since Smackdown vs Raw 2007 and no matter what advances that have been brought in to "better" the game in whatever manner, the fact is this, because of the over the top appearances of the in-game superstars and the DLC superstars with the addition of the insane variations of the superstars move sets/finishers, this game rocks already. So if there was actually going to be a second WWE All Stars, how could the creators make this game any better than it is. At least that's my perception.

I do have some ideas on this but it could become quite a lengthy post, don't know if anyone would care to hear it out.

Archived