We Want All-Stars 2

raiden1992

I must admit WWE All Stars was a blast but it was missing a few things , even though it was missing thing I still PREFER it over WWE 12 . I went back to All-Stars today and it was soo fun you know why it was so fun because Yukus didn't have anything to do with it. With All Stars 2 we can see a lot of improvement . Tell me what you guys think

I would be way more hyped over Allstars 2 than WWE 13' any day of the week, I wish those rumors about a sequel coming out in June were true. Anybody else who works at a retail store here, maybe you guys could check if you're gonna be selling it in June or the near future?

A guy called murphadurph on this forum claims that there is going to be sequel coming out in July/August 2012. He had a topic made but got closed down due to lack of evdience .

He said he was also drunk when he made the post and all the stuff he confirmed where all true, but everyone knew they were made up .

From gamefaqs user AndrewHD in the xbox 360 All Stars forum..

Anyway here's a 2012 job listing recently posted up for THQ San Diego.. they are looking for a senior animator who specializes in combat. They also mention usage of the unreal engine (which was used for the original all-stars)

http://www.simplyhir...-animator-jobs/

To add further confirmation that something is in the works.. September 30th, 2011 -this next job listing was posted by Technical Art Director of All-Stars: Allan Hayburn

http://forums.cgsoci...d.php?t=1010730

he mentions unreal engine requirement and..

"Responsibilities:

• Work with Technical Art Director on art processes and tools required to develop AAA sports fighting game."

"History working with crowd systems."

Now there is this part that upsets me a bit..

"• Shader development experience, especially with current techniques for accurate skin surface simulation."

I hope they aren't making a realistic game, I don't think all-stars needs accurate skin surface.

There's a list of more job listings for THQ San Diego. From these job descriptions, I'm getting lots of hints at a realistic type of game: "Keen eye for believable, impactful combat/fighting animation", "Strong attention to detail", "human anatomy, skeletal system and facial structures".

Now almost a whole year has passed since All Stars was released, I think they might be hiring for a future project and All Stars 2 is already completed or almost done.

Another possibility that this year THQ San Diego and Yukes are doing a collaborative effort on WWE 13. Ties into THQ Tank's tweet saying "THQ SD are working on a different project" when asked about All-Stars 2. They are looking for an Animation Outsource Manager, which I think suggests they are working with a separate team. That same job description also mentions "Some travel outside the United State required", possibly meaning Japan to visit Yukes.

The good news is whatever they're doing is AAA sport-combat and involves the Unreal 3 engine that All-Stars used.

All these job descriptions could be standard terms that don't necessarily mean this will be a ultra-realistic game, just high expectations for the position.

Everyday I hope I read a new thread that reads"All Stars 2 announced",I still enjoy WWE'12 everyday and I know I'm getting WWE'13 on day 1 just for the fact that it's a wrestling game and during the month's build-up till release I'll be on here every day to check for new stuff!!

But I'm still having a blast with All Stars,IF All Stars 2 would be announced at E3 along with WWE'13..I'd likely be more interested and re-reading&watching stuff until the next new piece of info than WWE'13(like two years ago at E3 when SvR2011 was announced with All Stars)!!

There's just so much potential for a new WWE franchise with the All Stars concept!

Doesn't look like it if we are getting All Stars 2 so just keep on dreaming and close this topic now.

Last year round this time everyone was hyped for WWE All Stars March 29th 2011 I believe

Why should it be closed?Just cause it's not announced now it don't mean it'll NEVER be announced,All Stars being released around this time last year means nothing!!

IF people want to dream and make threads then let them!

I really didn't like All-Stars that much. But I got to say WWE'12 ain't that bad because of most of you don't like cause of the CC or you can't play online matches or maybe you don't like it cause your crotch blur tick got block and your pissed anyways. NO ALL STARS 2 I will riot if there is All Stars 2 it's too corny and cheesy and most of it's dumb as well. I want a Legend sim game so that it has over 300 legends from WWF,WCW & ECW in it. that would be AWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEE!!!

Loved All Stars, it was my game of the year, last year, and the best wrestling title I've played since No Mercy....and given how much THQ San Diego revolutionized the gameplay of something that has became so stale over the years, I dare say it's better. As much as I love customization, gameplay trumps all that. And All Stars delivered on that front. The first wrestling game that made me want to learn the in and outs of every single character in the game. Four classes that play differently, with characters that vary greatly in each? Unheard of. Want another. Want a Legends sim from this team. Want them to take over the reigns from Yukes. They're that good.

The sim based wrestling games over the years have limited the player so much and have taken a lot of fun away in the process. If you make someone fat then they can't have certain moves, you're limited to what they can wear to the ring and it just doesn't feel fun to play them anymore. Allstars brought back everything I loved about the AKI games...

I would also love a sim based Legends game,Perhaps LOWM2 in style of WWE'12/13..But IF THQ San Diego announced All Stars 2 then I'll sure take it too!!!

I really didn't like All-Stars that much. But I got to say WWE'12 ain't that bad because of most of you don't like cause of the CC or you can't play online matches or maybe you don't like it cause your crotch blur tick got block and your pissed anyways. NO ALL STARS 2 I will riot if there is All Stars 2 it's too corny and cheesy and most of it's dumb as well. I want a Legend sim game so that it has over 300 legends from WWF,WCW & ECW in it. that would be AWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEE!!!

You would riot in front of your computer screen cause you disliked the first game with your OPINIONS..Nice&Mature!

Over 300 characters with all being Legends is unrealistic!

You would seriously "riot"? Would this rioting include smashing store windows and stealing t.v's or throwing rocks at the police, or would this just be an imaginary riot in your head? And you seriously couldn't find 300 legends if you tried.

I discuss this with my friend all the time. Can you imagine how much fun a TLC match would be in All-Stars?

Backstage matches would be awesome. Also I think they could bring back some of the settings from HCTP like fighting outside in the snow or in times square where the highrise buildings are. So many possibilities. I think if there's any game I want made, wrestling or not, it's All-Stars 2!!!

Why has that guy gone all quite all of a sudden who was saying I work for THQ etc etc etc . Well I guess he was completely talking bull shit.

He had a topic made and everything saying WWE All Stars 2 Double the fun out July 2012 .

He was obviously bullshitting. I was more excited by the claims of the other guys who said they worked aat retail stores in the electronics department and they said they checked their upcoming merchandize for this summer and saw AllStars 2 being shipped in for June of this year, then all of a sudden I heard nothing else. Seemed legit at the time since they weren't making claims about anything but rather just stating something interesting they found.

Sad that THQ finally made huge leaps in WWE gaming and then all of a sudden went back to just making glitch filled SvR sim games and wonky versions of Wrestlefest and Brawl.

Archived