Help with buzz on guitar

Acid6D94

Alright ive just bought an Austin Strat clone and its got some buzz on open and first 2 frets, but ive turned the truss rod about a full rotation and am scared to turn any more because ive heard if turned too much the rod could break.

I really rather not take it to a repair shop due to the only one around here is outrageously priced, what should I do?

It probably depends on what part does the buzz come from. The usual fix is on the intonation of the bridge. I don't really know, I haven't had a problem much on buzzing, unless it's a tune o matic bridge...

Ok I just discovered something, if I hold the guitar in a higher angle it doesnt really buzz on any frets but it kinda does on an open, does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

BTW im a noob with guitars.

Ok the guide definitively helped, now im back to what I thought originally which is the truss rod.

Ive turned it a full rotation and it helped slightly but im afraid to turn it too far, if anyone knows how far one can turn without breaking please tell.

You really shouldn't play with the Truss Rod unless you know what you're doing. You should try to find your local Guitar Center. The one near me has a Guitar Tech, so basing on what I had fixed which was minor, with something like the Truss Rod, and your issue... it might be a cheap price, or he may not even charge you.

You really shouldn't play with the Truss Rod unless you know what you're doing. You should try to find your local Guitar Center. The one near me has a Guitar Tech, so basing on what I had fixed which was minor, with something like the Truss Rod, and your issue... it might be a cheap price, or he may not even charge you.

Alright thanks for the advice

Yeah, seriously don't mess around with the truss rod too much. If you *censored* up it can cost you an entire neck and if it's a fixed neck, then basically the whole guitar.

Did you bother trying to change the action first?

TBH I have no idea how, like I said before Im kinda a noob when it comes to guitars.

EDIT:Just watched a video on how to setup a stratocaster and I dont have the right size allen wrench to change the action. :annoy:

Archived