The (Pseudo-)Official "Rock vs Cena" thread

Retro

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you supporting?

There's a lot of discussion and mixed opinions on Rock v Cena right now.

I've seen people say "The Rock is back and better than ever", and I've sene people say "This whole thing has made me a Cena fan".

And over the last couple of days there have been an explosion of Cena-Rock threads.

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/427974-i-really-hate-it-when-the-rock/

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/427982-rise-above-the-rock/

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/427962-john-cena/

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/427585-anonymous-wwe-star-rants-on-dwayne-the-rock-johnson/

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/427486-cena-vs-rock-how-the-match-will-end/

So to minimise what will inevitably be a progressive amount of those, I'd like to make a more official "Cena vs Rock" topic.

So what's interesting you about the rivalry? Which team are you on right now? How do you think the rivalry will progress in the next 4 weeks?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of any of the two but if I have to pick a team I'll go with The Rock with the feeling if The Rock wins, the feud will be over quicker. If I have to pick one based on sympathy I'll go with Cena. I think Cena will keep on getting more aggressive but he will probably point out that he won't change. Rock is going to have some titantron promo's and that will be it. Hopefully.

Nothing against Cena, he was actually my favourite wrestler after The Rock left, but The Rock represents my childhood. His return last year, allowed me to get back into watching WWE regularly again. So Team Bring it all day long! Sorry Cena.

Team Bring It. I feel that Rock is unfairly criticised through out this whole feud for things that are completely logical, understandable, rational from his point of view. I have always wondered why Cena is so outspoken and feels so strongely on the subject. Why? What is in it for him to expose The Rock?

While The Rock can easily make John Cena look like a fool, I fear that the tone of this feud will be exactly that, John Cena exposing The Rock for "who he really is", making him look like the good guy, Rock like the bad guy, be done with it and carry on after the WM-match.

However, there is a hope that they have something in store that I cannot even imagine nor would ever think of.

The Rock no doubt, I hope the rock wins. If cena wins he will have nothing else to do but cut promos on how he beat the rock every week before and after his squash matches. Cena honestly has nothing left to do, he has done almost everything. He held the U.S, WWE, WHC, Tag titles, he has 3 or 4 slammys. Where the WWE title and storylines are heading, i won't be surprised if they put him in the U.S title category.

I think it's awesome how WWE has managed to make this feud really interesting, since I personally wasn't too invested in it and really wasn't too fussed by it. But the last few weeks have really made it something special, it feels like there's some genuine conflict there which is why this is so interesting.

It's too bad it can't always be this good.

The Rock. normally.

Cena I can't stand. He's like a facebook slut, an attention whore and completely illogical and unrational. I simply can't stand him.

I personally would love to see Rock dominate the hell out of Cena at mania, and have Cena lose, and desperately blame it all on the fans who support him, and have a mega-heel turn. I hope everything wwe officials said on their website about cena going heel a bad thing during his feud with kane were to cover up for the big plan - have him turn heel against rock.

on the other hand i wouldnt mind cena winning if he does it like a bitch - thanks to someone/something else, like a heel nowadays. I just rock to look untouchable troughout the match and the whole feud. with that said I hate where they're going with it - making it like cena stands a chance...but eh can't blame them really - its mania. it has to be a feud of the feuds...

I'm rooting for both, I love The Rock, and I'm a Cena fan, Cena winning is the obvious ending IMO, but as long as this feud is entertaining, and we get a good match with great build-up, I think the fans will be the real winners here.

The Rock. normally.

Cena I can't stand. He's like a facebook slut, an attention whore and completely illogical and unrational. I simply can't stand him.

I personally would love to see Rock dominate the hell out of Cena at mania, and have Cena lose, and desperately blame it all on the fans who support him, and have a mega-heel turn. I hope everything wwe officials said on their website about cena going heel a bad thing during his feud with kane were to cover up for the big plan - have him turn heel against rock.

on the other hand i wouldnt mind cena winning if he does it like a bitch - thanks to someone/something else, like a heel nowadays. I just rock to look untouchable troughout the match and the whole feud. with that said I hate where they're going with it - making it like cena stands a chance...but eh can't blame them really - its mania. it has to be a feud of the feuds...

So John Cena who has been in some great promos about The Rock, has been an "attention whore who is completely illogical and unrational"? Do you seriously know why I hate smark-marks like yourself? You claim to represent this "breed" of new fans who think they know something about the personal lives of these superstars. You sit there week after week, day after day, bitching and moaning about a guy who for the past 7+ years busted his ass for your entertainment and all you can do is just ignore that fact and bitch about his gimmick. I could careless if you like the superstar or not, atleast have the dignity as a boy to actually respect the performer. You sit here as if Cena has to actually give a damn about you and do it for the fun of it. Last time I checked Cena is known more then you are, he has more money then you do, and he appears to be even smarter then you.

You sit here thinking everybody has to be a heel to appeal to you. *censored* what you think because you can't do anything to change a superstar unless Vince McMahon sits on the computer thinking of ideas to change his superstars, you have no reason to talk. Just because you and some other people drives on the idea that "heel = success, marketability", doesn't mean others agree with you. Could it be true? Maybe but Cena is their biggest assest right now and it would hurt them in the long run rather then the short run.

If you choose to reply then you better reply without any of your petty insults like you're accostomed to either.

The Rock. normally.

So John Cena who has been in some great promos about The Rock, has been an "attention whore who is completely illogical and unrational"? Do you seriously know why I hate smark-marks like yourself? You claim to represent this "breed" of new fans who think they know something about the personal lives of these superstars. You sit there week after week, day after day, bitching and moaning about a guy who for the past 7+ years busted his ass for your entertainment and all you can do is just ignore that fact and bitch about his gimmick. I could careless if you like the superstar or not, atleast have the dignity as a boy to actually respect the performer. You sit here as if Cena has to actually give a damn about you and do it for the fun of it. Last time I checked Cena is known more then you are, he has more money then you do, and he appears to be even smarter then you.

You sit here thinking everybody has to be a heel to appeal to you. *censored* what you think because you can't do anything to change a superstar unless Vince McMahon sits on the computer thinking of ideas to change his superstars, you have no reason to talk. Just because you and some other people drives on the idea that "heel = success, marketability", doesn't mean others agree with you. Could it be true? Maybe but Cena is their biggest assest right now and it would hurt them in the long run rather then the short run.

If you choose to reply then you better reply without any of your petty insults like you're accostomed to either.

I stopped reading after "cena busts his ass for my entertainment for the past 7 years" if he really cared to entertain us he wouldn't be stale these 7 years, nor would he let wwe shove him down our faces either. if he cared to entertain he would try hard to do it, not let wwe do it for him trough media, by letting him do chairty to connect with kids and women.

I don't sit here thinking everybody has to be a heel to appeal to me. I stand here knowing cena would be better off if he accepted the fact that he's hated, and go with it.If he says his job is to get emotional responses from fans then why not accept them for being bad responses instead of begging the fans to like him?

not to be an ass but i have a serious question to ask. Are you this kid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anyOE3RarYA

I'm voting for Cena. He isn't all that talented, but he is doing his best, which is more than I can say about The Rock. I think it's obvious that Cena is going to win this match, but it will be very interesting to see exactly how it's done, considering the whole building will be on the side of The Rock.

I don't think this will be their final match though, and if thats the case, then I really hope they will evolve this feud into something else. I'd love for CM Punk to be involved in it in some way. Triple Threat Championship match at Summerslam maybe?

The Rock. normally.

I stopped reading after "cena busts his ass for my entertainment for the past 7 years" if he really cared to entertain us he wouldn't be stale these 7 years, nor would he let wwe shove him down our faces either. if he cared to entertain he would try hard to do it, not let wwe do it for him trough media, by letting him do chairty to connect with kids and women.

I don't sit here thinking everybody has to be a heel to appeal to me. I stand here knowing cena would be better off if he accepted the fact that he's hated, and go with it.If he says his job is to get emotional responses from fans then why not accept them for being bad responses instead of begging the fans to like him?

not to be an ass but i have a serious question to ask. Are you this kid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anyOE3RarYA

See this is why I hate fans like yourself. You don't seem to understand how this business actually goes. You are trying to say that because Cena goes to charity events and the WWE cash in on the opportunity for credibility, that Cena isn't trying to be entertaining? Dude make up your mind. You say that you he has to only do charity to connect with kids and women? Dude you sound really stupid with that.

Archived