"Mr. G1" - Masahiro Chono

Petchy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like it a lot. It's nice to see Chono is getting some attention.

I think you could reduce the nostril width by some clicks and increase the overall nose width a little.

Maybe reduce the overall cheek size a little but I'm not sure about that. It could just be the angle of the picture.

But I really like the eye area and the mouth. There is a lot to like about it.

Yeah, I found the nose a real pain in the ass because it looked different in most pics! Same with his cheeks, in some his bone looks flat yet in others it protrudes a lot :lol:

http://pwa.wrestlingx.net/wrestlerimages/masahiro_chono.jpg

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/m/masahirochono/01.jpg

Those suggestions will definitely help though, glad you see some resemblance seeing as the morphing options don't suit japanese people. :(

Btw, if anyone has some decent face refs can you please post them as I had a real hard time finding any frontal shots!

http://www.hakaioh.jp/common/images/popup/gallery_03.jpg

http://ecwfrenchtribute.free.fr/HTLM/Photos/M/Masahiro_Chono/Masahiro_Chono.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/389566_10150439965176098_189144446097_10546835_1047297413_n.jpg

http://www.puroresumission.com/articoli/stables_database/nwo_images/04.jpg

http://videoclipsimage.agaclip.com/4m-u6RMgUa7-_-3of3.jpg

WCWChonochamp.jpg

I think I should have used the "spoiler" function. Anyway.

Mr Chono is a little bit like Lèon. He probably sleeps with his sunglasses.

I'm still not sure about the cheeks, not even after looking at some refs.

I know what you mean though, It is a real pain in the a** to create asians with this editor. But I think you can change the nose a little.

After that I will happily add this to my roster.

I absolutely love this!

I am also glad the legendary Dr. Vries is online!

I digress... I am starting to get to the point where I am not sure if getting a CAW looking exactly like the actual wrestler is the right way to go. And I think this is a great example of that. When I take my eyes to it quickly, I think to myself, "THAT'S CHONO"! That is who I see despite the angle. At the same time, it does not feel like you put ALL of your work and attention into making sure that this CAW looks EXACTLY like the actual Masahiro Chono. I feel like the best creators on the site are plagued by such precise, real to life, in game wrestler quality wrestlers that it sometimes takes away from what it actually is, a created wrestler. Kinda feel like I am rambling a bit but this just makes me think that whatever improvement may be had, should actually be had without exciting and overly emphasizing the qualities of the actual wrestler.

For example, when I look at CAW Mode, I often contemplate "If so-and-so-wrestler was made, I think I would start at this part of the face." So the part of the actual wrestler's face where my eyes go to immediately without hesitation. That's the part that it seems would be exaggerated the most in a good way. Like, what's a Triple H CAW without a large nose?

Great work on this! Once again, I hope you don't try TOO hard on this.

And as usual, you know my assistance is always welcomed.

Looks good only critique I have if you interested is play around with the skin color as the skin color not matching with the texture near the hair line if you know what I mean should be easy fix

That's not a texture, that's actually a manual design I have yet to blend. The texture itself is matched exactly to the skin colour but I had to place some designs to manually fix the hairline on top of the texture.

I absolutely love this!

I digress... I am starting to get to the point where I am not sure if getting a CAW looking exactly like the actual wrestler is the right way to go. And I think this is a great example of that. When I take my eyes to it quickly, I think to myself, "THAT'S CHONO"! That is who I see despite the angle. At the same time, it does not feel like you put ALL of your work and attention into making sure that this CAW looks EXACTLY like the actual Masahiro Chono. I feel like the best creators on the site are plagued by such precise, real to life, in game wrestler quality wrestlers that it sometimes takes away from what it actually is, a created wrestler. Kinda feel like I am rambling a bit but this just makes me think that whatever improvement may be had, should actually be had without exciting and overly emphasizing the qualities of the actual wrestler.

For example, when I look at CAW Mode, I often contemplate "If so-and-so-wrestler was made, I think I would start at this part of the face." So the part of the actual wrestler's face where my eyes go to immediately without hesitation. That's the part that it seems would be exaggerated the most in a good way. Like, what's a Triple H CAW without a large nose?

So you want me to exaggerate him a bit more - japanese-ey? Oh you'll get me in race related trouble! :P haha.

Wow, yea I have to say I really like this, i know you said you weren't completely happy with him, but this is one of those cases where I look at him, I know its Chono, and you don't have to convince me hes good, he looks great.

Oh and not to be that guy but I totally second the whole please make Tajiri movement, you would totally do him justice the way no one else could, just saying, otherwise keep doing what your doing, ill download either way.

Wow, yea I have to say I really like this, i know you said you weren't completely happy with him, but this is one of those cases where I look at him, I know its Chono, and you don't have to convince me hes good, he looks great.

Oh and not to be that guy but I totally second the whole please make Tajiri movement, you would totally do him justice the way no one else could, just saying, otherwise keep doing what your doing, ill download either way.

I would love to see Tajiri too. :cool:

Looks great man, i assume you got the textures from Wrestle Kingdom? Love to see you have a go at KENTA with the textures from that game!

They sure are :).

As I'v said, once the side of the hair is done, it should look even better. I can see this being my most played wrestler :).

Looks good only critique I have if you interested is play around with the skin color as the skin color not matching with the texture near the hair line if you know what I mean should be easy fix

That's not a texture, that's actually a manual design I have yet to blend. The texture itself is matched exactly to the skin colour but I had to place some designs to manually fix the hairline on top of the texture.

I absolutely love this!

So you want me to exaggerate him a bit more - japanese-ey? Oh you'll get me in race related trouble! :P haha.

HAHAHA!!! No, No, No!

I feel like I began rambling but I just wanted to encourage and push you to keep doing good work.

Simplified Version:

Great, simple execution of someone who it would be easy to over complicate.

Archived