Rey Mysterio Reportedly in Hot Water with WWE Management

Tetsuryu

Rey Mysterio, who has been on the injured list for the last several months, is reportedly not in the WWE's best graces.

The high-flying former world heavyweight champion is being looked down upon by WWE officials who are becoming increasingly peeved with him.

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter (via 411Mania.com), Mysterio has a surprising amount of heat on him:

Mention of Rey Mysterio backstage to WWE management after his visit at last week's Raw has reportedly resulted in negative comments. Management is said to be frustrated about the way contract negotiations are going with him, plus the fact that he hasn't returned from injury as quickly as they want. Some think that his small status means he's lucky to be employed by the company.

Link: http://bleacherrepor...-wwe-management

:facepalm:

What injury was it and when is he scheduled to return?

I'd guess a knee injury

A knee injury of sorts; don't recall when it happened though. I can understand heat at Rey if he's being a pain with contract negotiations, but to have heat because "LOL YOU NOT HEAL FAST ENOUGH"... come on WWE, you can't all be as stupid as your Creative Team :fedup:

I kind of feel Mysterio is lucky at this point, he's super talented don't get me wrong, but injuries have been more then abundant. I'm pretty sure he's been out more with injury more then he's been healthy as of late, which means he's getting paid to be hurt.

I'd say that's rather lucky, doesn't mean he want's to be, but not many people get that kind of treatment.

but to have heat because "LOL YOU NOT HEAL FAST ENOUGH"... come on WWE, you can't all be as stupid as your Creative Team :fedup:

i agree. it almost sounds like this could end up being another Bishoff/Austin situation. let heal to 100% 'cause if not, i got 2 words for ya......ADAM COPELAND!!!

I can't see him staying in the business for much longer if I'm honest. The guy's 37, and he's constantly injured. I give him 3-4 years tops.

And assuming this is real, which I doubt it is, they probably want him to recover quicker so that he can get to work on a wrestlemania story.

Perhaps he's thinking of moving to TNA?

That's just terrible, There are some WWE names that should never go to TNA and Rey Mysterio is one.

Yeah I know, but the man obviously has a lot heat in the WWE, and WWE expects this injury-prone athlete to work full-time. But over in TNA, he has that burden lifted off his shoulders.

Perhaps he's thinking of moving to TNA?

That's just terrible, There are some WWE names that should never go to TNA and Rey Mysterio is one.

Why? He came from WCW so it's not like he's a WWE original. Or do you just mean that you like him and don't want to see him go there? Personally I think Mysterio is near the end of his career so I don't care where he goes or what he does but I was just wondering.

I honestly think he should be done in the next few years. Not because I don't like him, but I'd rather him not have to keep being injured just to perform a few times a year. When he comes back, he should have a couple of good feuds, save up some more money and either hang it up or go in a more limited capacity. His knee injuries and his style don't mix well at all. Being mad at him not healing quick is stupid.

Doubt this is true, I mean he was WWE Champion before he left and there were plans of pushing Mysterio even more after Summerslam before he got injured. I love Rey, hopefully he returns rather soon. Just move him back to Smackdown, something about him and Raw just does not click.

Archived