Anonymous WWE Star Rants On Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

AustinFan

With The Rock making his much anticipated return to Raw next Monday, John Cena had harsh words for "The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment" on this week's show, saying he's no longer The People's Champion, but he's a champion with people (referring to the entourage around him). After strongly criticizing The Rock for returning, but not sticking around WWE, Cena vowed to beat the iconic grappler in his hometown of Miami, Florida at WrestleMania XXVIII.

A number of WWE performers appeared giddy backstage over Cena's remarks as they legitimately feel that way over the actor/wrestler. One talent commented via text to PWInsider.com (with permission to be quoted under the condition of anonymity): "[The Rock] comes in to use WWE to get back the audience he lost doing Disney movies, which is fine but he's been back over a year and name one person he helped make a bigger star since then? No one.

"He's here for himself, he keeps to himself, and he keeps someone who's actually touring here all year from making a bigger payday at the bigger shows. It's all about making this the "biggest" Mania of all time. OK, then what do we do the rest of the year? Who's been made? You think he took ANY blame for Survivor [series] not drawing? Of course not, but how do you feud with a guy on the Titantron? Cena nailed the guy dead on tonight.

"Say anything about HHH, Taker, etc. still being in the top spot but if they were needed to work the road, they would and they would still work their asses off as much as they needed to. Rock is out for Rock and the idea he's here to better anything but his own wallet is the biggest work of 2012."

Credit:PwPix.net

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/331812284.php

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p><p>

With The Rock making his much anticipated return to Raw next Monday, John Cena had harsh words for "The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment" on this week's show, saying he's no longer The People's Champion, but he's a champion with people (referring to the entourage around him). After strongly criticizing The Rock for returning, but not sticking around WWE, Cena vowed to beat the iconic grappler in his hometown of Miami, Florida at WrestleMania XXVIII.

A number of WWE performers appeared giddy backstage over Cena's remarks as they legitimately feel that way over the actor/wrestler. One talent commented via text to PWInsider.com (with permission to be quoted under the condition of anonymity): "[The Rock] comes in to use WWE to get back the audience he lost doing Disney movies, which is fine but he's been back over a year and name one person he helped make a bigger star since then? No one.

"He's here for himself, he keeps to himself, and he keeps someone who's actually touring here all year from making a bigger payday at the bigger shows. It's all about making this the "biggest" Mania of all time. OK, then what do we do the rest of the year? Who's been made? You think he took ANY blame for Survivor [series] not drawing? Of course not, but how do you feud with a guy on the Titantron? Cena nailed the guy dead on tonight.

"Say anything about HHH, Taker, etc. still being in the top spot but if they were needed to work the road, they would and they would still work their asses off as much as they needed to. Rock is out for Rock and the idea he's here to better anything but his own wallet is the biggest work of 2012."

Credit:PwPix.net

http://www.pwpix.net...s/331812284.php

themizpictures266.jpg

Me too, I agree with this 100%! Cena and that Anoymous wrestler was right...the only reason why Rock came back in the first place was to promote more of his crappy movies and make himself a bigger star all for himself by coming back...

Now I don't care if Cena's Face or Heel, or even if he does sucks, I want Cena to destroy the Rock at WM28 just like he did to Kane...that greedy bastard of a movie star doesn't deserve one BIT of the spotlight after what Cena and anoymous WWE star said the truth about him...

That might be the ugliest picture of The Miz that you could have provided.. seriously.

Also, those are fairly accurate thoughts to be honest. But then again, WWE are also a company and companies need to look at dollar signs. The potential selling rate for the Cena/Rock match is probably greater than anything else the WWE can push at the moment even stronger than HHH/Undertaker. It suck's at the moment, but that truly is the bottom line. Its also something that will sell itself, and Dwayne doesnt need to appear on every show or show up on the Titantron all the time, he'll probably show up next week and maybe a few times after that, but those will only be to most likely repeat himself from past promos and to further provide the edge.

lol, too many Rock haters out there. It's not The Rock's fault that he is a bigger drawer than most of these Jabroni's. Instead whining and bitching, why don't they raise their game. FACT is The Rock vs Cena is more beneficial for the WWE, whether he is there live or via satellite. jeez too many cry baby superstars in the WWE. They should be happy The Rock is lining up their pockets.

also could someone explain to me, what is wrong with The Rock caring about numero uno, i'm sure most of you do the same. lol

lol, too many Rock haters out there. It's not The Rock's fault that he is a bigger drawer than most of these Jabroni's. Instead whining and bitching, why don't they raise their game. FACT is The Rock vs Cena is more beneficial for the WWE, whether he is there live or via satellite. jeez too many cry baby superstars in the WWE. They should be happy The Rock is lining up their pockets.

also could someone explain to me, what is wrong with The Rock caring about numero uno, i'm sure most of you do the same. lol

Because it's perceived as being selfish & not exactly good for business, but on the same note, it's nothing that Hulk Hogan hasn't been doing for years, so I guess that makes it ok :rolleyes:

The rock is not signed to a contract so he doesn't have to be there each week like everyone else. He can never win with the fans, they complain that he's not there each week, but they would complain if he was there each week, saying that he's "stealing the spotlight" from the younger stars. If these other wrestlers were on the rock's level they wouldn't take the back seat, but compared to the rock they're nobodies. Also it's funny that people are still upset and can't understand that the rock has moved to movies now. Maybe all these idiots would be happy if the rock retired by injury instead of on his own with his health.

Because it's perceived as being selfish & not exactly good for business, but on the same note, it's nothing that Hulk Hogan hasn't been doing for years, so I guess that makes it ok :rolleyes:

Who say its not good for the business, I didn't here WWE complain in the Rock's or Hogan's case. WWE made their money of them. I never wanted The Rock to come back, but all rubbish about the Rock being selfish and is bad for the business, is subjective bias from emotional fans.

lets not forget the fact that Dwayne didn't show up for 'Old School' , 'All Star', and 'Power to The People' editions of Raw. 3 edtions of Raw that would of made sense for him to be there for, especially since guys like Austin, Piper , Dibiase Sr., Dusty ect. all showed up. My question is, is ol' Dwayne 'The Moviestar' Johnson gonna show up for what we know is gonna be made into a hude deal, the 1000th episode of Raw? oh yeah lets not forget that he turned down the offer to be Raw guest host. and it wasnt because of sceduling, hell Vince was willing to keep the guest host thing going until Dwayne was able to do it, but he still said no. why? because he said a guest host roll wasnt big enough for him. Really? so Dwayne is better then Austin? he's better then Piper? he's better then all the other WWE HOFer's that did do the guest host? as far as us 'hating' on the Rock, we're just seeing the truth about what Cena, Orton, Punk and this Anonymous WWE star is talking about. how are we supposed to cheer for a guy who says that he misses the company, he misses us fans, BUT HE NEVER SHOWS UP! remember what CM Punk said a few months back. when Rock did come back for that big announcement last year to host WM (pffff he'll host WM but not Raw!?) backstage CM punk stuck his hand out to shake Dwayne's and say hi, Dwayne just looked at him and just walked past him. if that's not selfish i dont know what is. oh yeah and after he made his big announcement Mr. Moviestar left the arena and flew back to Hollywood without conversing with anyone. so do i want The Rock to win at WM when he's just goona piss off back to Hollywood and Cena stays leads the WWE as one of the top guy's..... HELL NO!

The Rock = respect.

Dwayne Johnson = I don't know what to say. Everyone knows that aside from being a professional football player and a wrestler, young Dwayne also wants to act. He got his fair share of acting on being a wrestler. But then he was offered roles, and of course, this is his chance at real acting glory. And when his acting career kicked off, he left the WWE.

We cannot tell Rock that, 'hey go back to wrestling' or 'hey doing Disney movies is stupid, go back to wrestling'. I think, and even though Rock won't admit it; he somehow lost passion in being a wrestler. The guy is comfortable on the big screen, with the big stars and big lights, but not as a wrestler, but as an actor. You can see that clearly nowadays. This is like Lesnar's feelings (in my opinion) a guy who loves physical contact sport, but somehow grew tired of it, and never wanted to do anything with it again. I am a Rock fan too myself, but I think Dwayne is only doing this for money. You know, RAW had became such a small thing for him that he rarely appears on to. Don't say,The Rock can't appear on Raw because he's filming a bunch of movies on different locations. If he wants to, he will. If he still cares, he would show up and do promos there in the ring.

Point is, we can't direct on what Dwayne Johnson's top priority should be. Wrestling or Movie, it doesn't matter, it's his life, it's his call, it's his choice. But at least he should have some effort on connecting to the fans and the 'sport' that made him what he is today.

lets not forget the fact that Dwayne didn't show up for 'Old School' , 'All Star', and 'Power to The People' editions of Raw. 3 edtions of Raw that would of made sense for him to be there for, especially since guys like Austin, Piper , Dibiase Sr., Dusty ect. all showed up. My question is, is ol' Dwayne 'The Moviestar' Johnson gonna show up for what we know is gonna be made into a hude deal, the 1000th episode of Raw? oh yeah lets not forget that he turned down the offer to be Raw guest host. and it wasnt because of sceduling, hell Vince was willing to keep the guest host thing going until Dwayne was able to do it, but he still said no. why? because he said a guest host roll wasnt big enough for him. Really? so Dwayne is better then Austin? he's better then Piper? he's better then all the other WWE HOFer's that did do the guest host? as far as us 'hating' on the Rock, we're just seeing the truth about what Cena, Orton, Punk and this Anonymous WWE star is talking about. how are we supposed to cheer for a guy who says that he misses the company, he misses us fans, BUT HE NEVER SHOWS UP! remember what CM Punk said a few months back. when Rock did come back for that big announcement last year to host WM (pffff he'll host WM but not Raw!?) backstage CM punk stuck his hand out to shake Dwayne's and say hi, Dwayne just looked at him and just walked past him. if that's not selfish i dont know what is. oh yeah and after he made his big announcement Mr. Moviestar left the arena and flew back to Hollywood without convering with anyone. so do i want The Rock to win at WM when he's just goona piss off back to Hollywood and Cena stays leads the WWE as one of the top guy's..... HELL NO!

Yeah, let's all hate on The Rock for not wanting to become another one of those stale returns (DX Reunions). Come on, let's be honest, as much as we love them whenever wrestlers like Roddy Piper, Shawn Michaels, and even Stone Cold come back... it isn't really that much of big of a deal. We've all seen it a thousand times, and it's lost it's flare. We should all know by now that The Rock's always been about making an impact, he obviously doesn't want to become 'just another return'.

You must have read that CM Punk article wrong. He stated that The Rock had greeted other people, but 'didn't make the effort to go over and greet him'. IMO, if he really wanted to meet The Rock he should have walked other there himself. There was nothing about him 'just walking past'. To me this shows arrogance in the part of CM Punk. He would like others to make an effort to greet him, but won't make the effort to greet others?

People are making it seem like The Rock left for Hollywood, failed, and is now crawling back because he wasn't successful when it's the complete opposite. He doesn't need to come back, and the dumbest thing I've read yet are people thinking that The Rock is coming back to wrestler to make money. I'm sure his check that he made from being in Fast Five would have been a lot more than the one he's receiving from WrestleMania.

But at least he should have some effort on connecting to the fans and the 'sport' that made him what he is today.

BINGO YA NAILED IT ON THE HEAD!!!!!!! and THAT is what John Cena is trying to make the point of. Dwayne'The Rock'Johnson should show up (IN THE ARENA) once in a while and show his appreciation and the love for his fans that made him who he is today. the same fans that payed their money to see him wrestle, and bought ALL his merchandise. (maybe Dwayne should take lessons from Steve Austin)

Who say its not good for the business, I didn't here WWE complain in the Rock's or Hogan's case. WWE made their money of them. I never wanted The Rock to come back, but all rubbish about the Rock being selfish and is bad for the business, is subjective bias from emotional fans.

Any type of selfishness is not good for business, because then you are putting yourself out there first & making it look like that you are bigger than the business itself. it doesn't matter if it's wrestling or any other industry, putting yourself out first, is never good for business. In certain situation it make contribute to bringing in a lot of money for that business, but at the end of the day when it comes to selfishness, 9 times out of 10, it's not good for business.

this.

cena's fruity pebbles and immature adult followers need to realize the vast ammount of hurt in the area of butt and stop trying to be cool by hating on The Rock.

Yeah, let's all hate on The Rock for not wanting to become another one of those stale returns (DX Reunions). Come on, let's be honest, as much as we love them whenever wrestlers like Roddy Piper, Shawn Michaels, and even Stone Cold come back... it isn't really that much of big of a deal. We've all seen it a thousand times, and it's lost it's flare. We should all know by now that The Rock's always been about making an impact, he obviously doesn't want to become 'just another return'.

they show up the right amount of times.(allthough i personally would love to see more Piper.i never get tired of the Hot Rod :P ) you say Rock doesnt want to be 'just another return'? then that goes back to what i said about him thinking he's better or bigger then the other HOFer's/Legends. do you think Piper, Austin, HBK etc think of themselves as just another return? of course not. they return because they know how important is is to the company, to the fans and to themselves. they have even said that they love it when they come back after a couple of years, they come back to a new set of younger fans. Piper once stated it means alot to them when they see 2 different generations (parents with their little ones) cheering together for them when they come back. why cant Dwayne have that same mentality?

AustinFan, points taken, however I am yet to see the negative impact of the Rock's so called " selfishness" on the business. The Rock returning was a mutually beneficial decision taken by both parties. Whether the Rock is there for himself or not, I honestly don't see the relevance. WWE do not see it as a bad business decision.

AustinFan, points taken, however I am yet to see the negative impact of the Rock's so called " selfishness" on the business. The Rock returning was a mutually beneficial decision taken by both parties. Whether the Rock is there for himself or not, I honestly don't see the relevance. WWE do not see it as a bad business decision.

While it is positive, like I said, not taking that away, but the "Anonymous WWE Superstar" had a point about The Rock taking away a spot that could have belong to someone who has actually been working their ass off all year to earn a WM spot. So their is positives to The Rock being there, but there are negatives being present as well. The same argument was made about Trish Stratus & Snooki last year & I think it holds true about The Rock this year, big draw or not.

Archived