I just want to say, that the Gender Inequality in WWE Games kind of sucks.

Slateboard

Ok, my main issues are that they force too many things onto players. They do this for both male and female sides, but with females it's worse. Each new change is like forcing them into submission. It's in the sense of "You are supposed to act and perform this way! It doesn't matter if you're a contracted talent or someone's original creation!". It’s a terrible feeling to not have any control over such things.

One such example is the “wwedivas.com” URL on the name plates on any female created. For a person who may not like how WWE Divas are portrayed, they wouldn’t like that on their nameplate, and downright hate it for being unable to alter it.

The other is the idle stances they have, the walking/running animations, the close range animation (when in close proximity to initiate contact with an opponent) and several others. They’re basically ALL generic female stuff. And untalented/inexperienced females at that. From someone as skilled as Tamina or Beth Phoenix, to rookies such as Kaitlyn, they all look like they’ve never been in the ring before with these animations.

The stances for males work out fine. Even smaller guys like Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio look normal with all of the movement animations. But for females, it’s terrible. And the worst part is they have no choice.

All stances and movement animations should be the same for all characters, male and female. Someone shouldn’t be portrayed as weaker simply due to gender. There are already enough issues pertaining to that in the real world, we don’t need it in a video game.

Another big issue is related solely to the Create a Superstar Mode. The amount of options available for females is vastly inferior to those available for males. Not only do male characters get a larger quantity of items/parts to choose from, but the visual quality of them has improved while the quality of the female selected has stagnated. It stifles creativity to have to have such limitations, especially with things like layer limits and point system limitations nipping at our feet. It’s outright wrong to assume that no female would want to wear sweatpants or shorts or boots with kickpads. It’s wrong to assume they don’t want to wear a dress shirt that actually tucks in and shoes that look like shoes and don’t show through the pants they’re wearing. The only solution here is to simply allow both genders to have full access to all of the creation parts (including body/muscle definition types), with no exceptions.

In addition, there’s the issue of the censorship for created superstars (male and female). The blur is there for a reason we all know. It’s probably mandatory that it be there. But keep in mind that it does absolutely nothing to help the community. There are many players who will rather not purchase the product if it means they have to settle on inaccurate, incomplete works. As game designers and developers, none of you would ever be satisfied with putting out a product that wasn’t 100% of what it’s intended to be, so why would you force this on the consumer? It’s understandable if the order to do so came from someone with higher authority, but I would like to believe that you at least fight for some kind of change. The recent WWE ‘12 Title Update/Patch fixed a glitch where people could bypass the blur on the crotch/chest (for females) area. As a result, many people have stopped playing the game entirely. I know business-wise, it’s not as important if the sales numbers are high, but as designers, I’m sure you can’t be content with any product if people don’t love it. So hopefully someone’s at least trying to deal with it for the sake of the fans.

Ok, onto the biggest issue. That issue being the match restrictions. To put it simply, male characters are unable to be in matches with female characters, and vice-versa, with a Mixed Tag match or a Match w/ Managers being the sole exception. Let me say that Mixed Tag matches do absolutely nothing to resolve the issue. It’s nothing more than a pair of simultaneous singles matches where someone can be your get out of a pin free card. This doesn’t touch on the gameplay issues that result in accidental disqualifications, or the double standards where females can interfere as much as they wish without consequences. The match is simply bad and I don’t believe there will ever be a way to make it viable. Outside of that, anyone wanting to use females in a match can expect to wait 10 minutes at least if it’s one on one, or even 40 minutes if it’s a simple tag team match. During that time, you get a multitude of people entering and leaving the match because they don’t use females and somehow didn’t see the information that stated the match has females in it. This wait time has actually increased since the patch, due to server issues and people no longer playing due to the blur issues. At this rate, you could stand to lose a big chunk of your fanbase. This includes actual females, males who appreciate women’s wrestling (not cheesy catfights), and guys who could only get their girlfriends/wives to play because they could use a female. It’s the equivalent to WWF’s fanbase getting tired of Hulkamania in the 90s. They wanted variety and a fair shake to other talent, but all the guy was more Hulkster. And we can see how that turned out (Thanks to people like Bret Hart, Curt Hennig, Randy Savage and Shawn Michaels for keeping WWE out of the gutter during those times..

Just because WWE treats women as an afterthought of an unofficial bathroom break between main events, doesn’t mean they should get the same second-class treatment in the game. Occasionally, THQ or WWE try to market their wrestling games as fighting games, but no fighting game would ever discriminate between genders. Male or female, it’s always an even playing field, and the games would be crap if it was any different. In addition, you should all be aware of how big of an issue it is, and someone should be speaking on behalf of those fans in the company. Or at the very least, throw us a bone and let us know you care about it too.

Overall, we all love Pro Wrestling, but there shouldn’t be any lines between men and women, because they’re all Wrestlers in our eyes. The WWE Games would be better if they could portray this fact better.

If you want others to read about this, direct them to this topic or send them this link - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dKBR-s7S6moFxSZvYgnKfBN44l9xjvxyR9611XUHPp0/edit

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with everything here. I hate that the Divas are almost an afterthought in the game. It's almost impossible to get a female wrestler look like she does in real life. A lot of CAW makers are able to get the men to look damn near like they should be IGMs, but the female wrestlers always look generic and off. Almost incomplete, thanks to the limited choices made available. The blur certainly does not help matters at all.

Unfortunately, I feel that these are issues that have been mostly forced on THQ by WWE, especially in the PG era. They do not want anyone to think, no matter how erroneous it is, that they condone violence against women.

Yes, I fully understand their logic. There are a lot of stupid people out there who'd raise a stink if a woman gets barely touched by some guy's pinky finger, and they don't want to risk it.

But in-game, it's unacceptable. I highly doubt any other video game could get away with such blatant segregation of the genders.

Yes, I fully understand their logic. There are a lot of stupid people out there who'd raise a stink if a woman gets barely touched by some guy's pinky finger, and they don't want to risk it.

But in-game, it's unacceptable. I highly doubt any other video game could get away with such blatant segregation of the genders.

Like I said, yes, I agree completely. I'm sick and tired of my female CAWs looking like crap, the general movements and such looking and playing terribly, and just an overall disappointment. I shouldn't have to resort to Rumble Roses for good female wrestling in video games!

If pro-feminist groups want to complain about females in video games, they should aim their PMS-cannons at the damn GTA series!

Sorry, little bit of a rant.

Fully agree with everything.

The limitations are ridicoulos for the most part.

I DO understand that wwe isn't allowed to show violence between male and females (even though at the royal rumble kharma gave it to the guys and beth, eve and kelly used their finishers on males in the houseshows).

However, having limitations in the caw mode, story mode, not be able to have battle royals or 3vs3 matches with divas even they are taking place in real life allover the place are definately on thqs/yukes shoulders and not a limitation wwe is giving them.

So doing as if these things arent possible even when proof is there(tag team with 2 managers = 6 divas in and around the ring the whole time with no problems involved) that they are, is plain lying into the face of your customers and limiting your community for no good reason at all.

Fix your product and give equality to it for all fans to enjoy it already. -.-

I agree about the inequity. I know the WWE has limited male/female interasction but I don't understand the need to continue that into their videogames. games like MORTAL KOMBAT, TEKKEN and STRETFIGHTER all have male/female fighting, much more bloody and violent, and few complain.

I think another sign of the inequity is the title belts. THQ put 23 extra belts into the game yet none of them are for the woemn. What would be so wrong with a Diva's Tag Team Title? "But there is no such title in WWE" some will say which is true but there is also no EUROPEAN, HARDCORE or LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT title in the WWE yet they sre in the game. Easy work around is simple: list of preset Title names like they have for names and intros. Nobody uses all 23 tutles so allow the player to rename the Classic Intercontinetal belt the TV Championship. Give the players a chance to rename say The WCW Tag belts the Diva's Tag belts.

The most obvious gender inequity is the failure to deliver on the promise of an all Diva show.

I think another sign of the inequity is the title belts. THQ put 23 extra belts into the game yet none of them are for the woemn. What would be so wrong with a Diva's Tag Team Title? "But there is no such title in WWE" some will say which is true but there is also no EUROPEAN, HARDCORE or LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT title in the WWE yet they sre in the game. Easy work around is simple: list of preset Title names like they have for names and intros. Nobody uses all 23 tutles so allow the player to rename the Classic Intercontinetal belt the TV Championship. Give the players a chance to rename say The WCW Tag belts the Diva's Tag belts.

The most obvious gender inequity is the failure to deliver on the promise of an all Diva show.

Tekken, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are all based around fictional characters. WWE uses the likeneses of actual people so theres quite the difference. As far as belts go, every title in WWE 12 has existed. Light Heavyweight, Hardcore and European were all very visible in the late 1990s to early 2000s, so I wouldn't bother citing that to support your point.

:rock: First I was going to come in here and say that this is one of those :cry: arguments about No Female Vs Male Matches. But now that I've read everything it is very true, I don't understand why the Divas can't get a Normal F'n Gut Kick. We don't want to see the Pathetic Stacy Kiebler Version of a Gut Kick for every Diva, that doesn't make sense. They should nearly fall on their ass well attempting a gut kick how can you follow anything up with that, how about the Repeating Women's Elbow Glitch until the opponent falls out of the ring?

Talking about Create-A-Superstar, what in the blue hell happened to the Diva portion. Literally we get vickie's Haircut & A load of Predictable Two Tail cuts and then pathetic looking long hair, the best one is the two colored long hair. But that is only one haircut, that you can't use on mutiple Divas.

How about Create-An-Entrance, can we get some Diva Animation besides Maria, Malina, Torrie Wilson & Mickie James? How About Lita? How About a couple Divas that don't get in by the bottom rope....=_= not all Divas do that and it looks rediculous. That is one of the main reasons I can't stand tha Divas in these games, they are horrible done. The Moves are generic as hell... The Women's Elbow Glitch & "Gut Kick".

As for the idea of "Women Tag Team" Title Belts, there isn't any in the WWE. The Only Claim you can make is it would be like the Divas Edition to the Champion of Champions belt. That is the only Championship belt that doesn't actual exist, all though the Divas don't normally have enough Tag teaming Ability for the championship to be in the game. I'd rather have them fix the issues with the Divas so they are worth playing as, rather then handing out championships that don't exist in the WWE.

Also the idea of Renaming Title & Superstars that already exist will never happen, will you people please let this go. Also How can you put on an Entire Diva Show? Specially with all the issues that exist, as I said I'd rather have them focus on the problems rather then doing this.

It's an unfortunate thing, but I understand why they err on the side of caution. In Mexico, even on the indies, etc, the women wrestle the men, and are treated as equal. A man wrestling a woman isn't considered "abuse", unless they're being a rudo and doing it as part of gaining heat. WWE's mindset is different from that, which is fair. I understand why a WWE game ultimately would mimic WWE's mindset.

Just going to state facts here. Female wrestlers in the WWE are a fraction of the overall roster and a fraction of the matches. That percentage carries over to WWE 12. That also goes for the percentage of people playing the game that use female wrestlers. To say that there should be equal female to male characters and moves and creation parts just really doesn't make sense. The "I only use Divas" niche is a very small percentage of the overall game. For those of you who use mostly Divas, maybe start petitioning for a female based game. On a personal note, I would hate to lose features on an already broken game because they feel the need to make "equality" a top priority on a game the depicts a sports entertainment business that just isn't equal, from a roster standpoint.

Just going to state facts here. Female wrestlers in the WWE are a fraction of the overall roster and a fraction of the matches. That percentage carries over to WWE 12. That also goes for the percentage of people playing the game that use female wrestlers. To say that there should be equal female to male characters and moves and creation parts just really doesn't make sense. The "I only use Divas" niche is a very small percentage of the overall game. For those of you who use mostly Divas, maybe start petitioning for a female based game. On a personal note, I would hate to lose features on an already broken game because they feel the need to make "equality" a top priority on a game the depicts a sports entertainment business that just isn't equal, from a roster standpoint.

Exactly, though what I had put in my answer had ideas that could easily solve the issue. Just Fix how the movesets works, Create-A-Diva, Add different Diva Pre-set entrances or entrances where they don't enter from the bottom rope & it should be fine.

My main problem is that men and women aren't allowed to interact with one another, which is absolute tosh. Being a massive Chikara fan, I see Sara Del Rey wrestling men all the time, and not in a diva style, in a wrestling style that most male stars couldn't do to the same standard. It's the same for Daizee Haze or Saturyne. They wrestle against men all the time, so why must it be limited to this stupid men vs men, women vs women nonsense... in a game. It's a game. It's nothing like WWE, even if THQ would have you believe it is.

I pine for the days that I could leave the ring and powerbomb the female manager who had interfered. Or have the lone diva miraculously win in the handicap match against the rudo tag team. They say we have control, but in reality, we're bound by red tape and slaps on the wrist if we try to play out anything close to a non-WWE-like reality.

Totally agree that the female characters should be even to the male characters.

Wasn't it last year where one of the loading screens said something like "Beth Phoenix is one of only two women to participate in the Royal Rumble"... yet you couldn't ACTUALLY use Beth Phoenix in the Royal Rumble? Total bull...

Tekken, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are all based around fictional characters. WWE uses the likeneses of actual people so theres quite the difference. As far as belts go, every title in WWE 12 has existed. Light Heavyweight, Hardcore and European were all very visible in the late 1990s to early 2000s, so I wouldn't bother citing that to support your point.

I thought WWE had Women's Tag Team Champions in the 70s or 80s. I may be wrong.

Found it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_Women%27s_Tag_Team_Championship

My main problem is that men and women aren't allowed to interact with one another, which is absolute tosh. Being a massive Chikara fan, I see Sara Del Rey wrestling men all the time, and not in a diva style, in a wrestling style that most male stars couldn't do to the same standard. It's the same for Daizee Haze or Saturyne. They wrestle against men all the time, so why must it be limited to this stupid men vs men, women vs women nonsense... in a game. It's a game. It's nothing like WWE, even if THQ would have you believe it is.

I pine for the days that I could leave the ring and powerbomb the female manager who had interfered. Or have the lone diva miraculously win in the handicap match against the rudo tag team. They say we have control, but in reality, we're bound by red tape and slaps on the wrist if we try to play out anything close to a non-WWE-like reality.

Alas you people have yet to figure this out, Thus being a WWE Game. Following WWE Rules, you delusional if you believe any of that will happen in the near feature. This need for Superstars Vs Divas nonsense is bullshit, let it go.

In a fighting game, some people may not use a specific character often, due to them being low tier. It doesn't warrant the character being removed from the game due to a small number of people using them.

My whole point is, that just because a small group of people use females, doesn't make it justifiable to put a low-quality effort into anything related to them.

And what kind of features would you lose exactly?

Agree 100% and I know for a fact that it's WWE's fault. Always has been.

Back when I was a staff member at Batista's forums, most of the members hated the Divas and weren't interested in women's wrestling from TNA, SHIMMER, WSU, GAEA, All Japan Women etc etc purely because they mainly watched WWE and the company turns women into a sideshow attraction rather than giving them a fair shake.

Mickie James took part in a Clockwork Orange House of Fun match in TNA back in 2003 alongside CM Punk, Raven, Julio Dinero etc, the only woman to do so in the history of that match.

MsChif and Cheerleader Melissa had a fantastic Street Fight for the NWA World Women's title that went down as match of the night and totally blew away what the men on the card did that night.

Aja Kong, Bull Nakano and Manami Toyota are three of the greatest Joshi athletes in the business with legendary 5 star matches.

LuFisto is one of the toughest women in the world, competing against mostly men for years in brutal, hardcore matches (that spot in one of the Cage of Death matches where John Zandig powerbombed her through a sheet of glass is still one of those "holy shit" moments to me).

Nattie Neidhart, Beth Phoenix and Amazing Kong all had great matches against men as well as women before signing for WWE (Beth even lifted two men that were twice her height and weight on her shoulders at the same time and nailed the Beth Valley Driver in one match).

Molly Holly is the greatest women's wrestler to set foot in WWE.

Does WWE care? Nope and because of that, not only do fans not care but us fans of real women's wrestling and not WWE's "models having catfights and barely able to perform a simple roll up within 2 minutes" have to suffer in real life as well as when playing videogames.

As an e-wrestler, I've had some amazingly brutal and tough matches against female characters as my main male guy, I've seen female characters become World and Undisputed champions. Why can't I recreate that on a videogame when one of the RTWM stories involved you collecting souls and other weird crap?

Agree 100% and I know for a fact that it's WWE's fault. Always has been.

Back when I was a staff member at Batista's forums, most of the members hated the Divas and weren't interested in women's wrestling from TNA, SHIMMER, WSU, GAEA, All Japan Women etc etc purely because they mainly watched WWE and the company turns women into a sideshow attraction rather than giving them a fair shake.

Mickie James took part in a Clockwork Orange House of Fun match in TNA back in 2003 alongside CM Punk, Raven, Julio Dinero etc, the only woman to do so in the history of that match.

MsChif and Cheerleader Melissa had a fantastic Street Fight for the NWA World Women's title that went down as match of the night and totally blew away what the men on the card did that night.

Aja Kong, Bull Nakano and Manami Toyota are three of the greatest Joshi athletes in the business with legendary 5 star matches.

LuFisto is one of the toughest women in the world, competing against mostly men for years in brutal, hardcore matches (that spot in one of the Cage of Death matches where John Zandig powerbombed her through a sheet of glass is still one of those "holy shit" moments to me).

Nattie Neidhart, Beth Phoenix and Amazing Kong all had great matches against men as well as women before signing for WWE (Beth even lifted two men that were twice her height and weight on her shoulders at the same time and nailed the Beth Valley Driver in one match).

Molly Holly is the greatest women's wrestler to set foot in WWE.

Does WWE care? Nope and because of that, not only do fans not care but us fans of real women's wrestling and not WWE's "models having catfights and barely able to perform a simple roll up within 2 minutes" have to suffer in real life as well as when playing videogames.

As an e-wrestler, I've had some amazingly brutal and tough matches against female characters as my main male guy, I've seen female characters become World and Undisputed champions. Why can't I recreate that on a videogame when one of the RTWM stories involved you collecting souls and other weird crap?

Alas this is a WWE Game, Not an Indie Game. Go Play Fire Pro...

Get Over It, Deal With It. I suggested a solution, your simple pointing out the issue again.

I agree to many of the posts on this topic, I would love to have the ability to have 3v3 Diva matches or to have a Divas Lumberjack match or even a all Divas Royal Rumble match. Hell I would also love a Queen of the Ring Tournament.

I do not promote Diva violence or injury, I see most of the matches people ask for once in a while in real life on Smackdown or Raw on tv, but this is not real life, this is a game. And people are not getting hurt like if this was real life, in real life people would be afraid of this or that Diva being hurt in the ring with a Superstar, but like I said this is a game.

With the person saying about renaming old title belts, how about bringing back the old create a belt feature so someone could create a Divas Tag Team belt or the Champion of Champions Divas Belt or what have you.

I would also live to have more choices for Diva creations, with new hair styles, outfits, accessories and the like, but on top of what we have in WWE 12.

Not on topic, I would also love the ability to have Lumberjack matches for superstars.

If they were to bring out a Divas based game, how many people would purchase it, and how would it change future WWE games, would they have to create 2 games a year instead of one, and how would they divide the manpower.

Here's something I forgot to add.

I hate that we had so many clothing options like mentioned before for women in previous games but now....

Loads of skirts and dresses, none of which I use. Boot and shoe options suck. Three underwear parts (the generic blue bikini bottoms, the generic purple bikini bottoms and the Stacy Keibler shorts/belt) when we used to have a variety of bikinis, panties, thongs, shorts and the like.

I'd like to be able to put some tights on a female creation then put a thong over the top like I used to as part of the attire design but I can't because they're not in the game.

The only hair options that are good enough to use are the long style usually used for Tiffany and Torrie creations, the Tara hair, the really long black hair and one other long brown hair variant.

This isn't a female only problem either but I want the option whether or not a mask hides the hair underneath or has it sticking out like Jushin Liger or Hayabusa.

I hate that we had so many clothing options like mentioned before for women in previous games but now....

Loads of skirts and dresses, none of which I use. Boot and shoe options suck. Three underwear parts (the generic blue bikini bottoms, the generic purple bikini bottoms and the Stacy Keibler shorts/belt) when we used to have a variety of bikinis, panties, thongs, shorts and the like.

I'd like to be able to put some tights on a female creation then put a thong over the top like I used to as part of the attire design but I can't because they're not in the game.

The only hair options that are good enough to use are the long style usually used for Tiffany and Torrie creations, the Tara hair, the really long black hair and one other long brown hair variant.

This isn't a female only problem either but I want the option whether or not a mask hides the hair underneath or has it sticking out like Jushin Liger or Hayabusa.

Aside from the Mask comment, I already talked about this in my solution.

Aside from the Mask comment, I already talked about this in my solution.

Oh ok, sorry.

I usually just skip over your posts as bullshit and trolling so didn't see that.

Archived