Current Server Issues Explained

CONight

I should have posted this when the patch first came out, but better late than never I supposed...

Alot of people expressed frustration at the fact that the servers started working much slower after the patch was released. On the contrary, I saw this development as a positive development. It puts the developers in a negative light though. Let me explain:

The servers running slow now confirms one of my original thoughts on server problems from day one. The game was giving up on the servers too quickly. The game originally basically waited like 3 seconds to successfully connect to content before giving up and booting us back to the main menu. The game has now been patched as to not give up so easily. There is really nothing more the developers can do to the game itself to remedy the server issues.

But wait, the servers are still FAR from perfect, what can be done now?? Well this is the other side of what the patch as revealed. When the developers tweeted that we should see major improvement with the servers after the game got patched, it appears to me that they were in fact assuming that the problem was the game itself. It wouldn't surprise me either if the folks higher up the food chain were pushing them to think this way.

Patching the issue in the game has exposed the truth about just how cheap and incompetant THQ really is: The problem is THQ decided to cut costs and not provide adequate servers for all the traffic the game is generating. I've heard that after the debacle with the servers for SvR 2011, the company supposedly setup better servers for WWE '12. I will concede that there does seem to be a little grain of truth to that. I would say the WWE '12 servers are working marginally better than the 2011 servers were. They probably assumed that the whole problem was they just needed slightly better servers. Newsflash THQ: You need MUCH better servers and apparently MORE of them!

So how can THQ/Yukes finally fix the servers? Like I said, they've been exposed for the cheapwads they really are. It's freaking WWE people, what kind of traffic did you expect on your servers? Man up, spend some money and add more servers and/or properly upgrade the existing ones like you should have done in the first place.

That is all, THQ has run out of excuses if these server issues reappear in WWE '13.

This makes sense, at least all the time it takes now to connect and give us CC results. i thought they just made it worst since it takes longer. but i used CC right now, you will have to wait, but the server gets you the result. I haven't seen that much-hated "WWE'12 SERVER NOT AVAILABLE" message anymore! now that's an improvement for me :)

thanks for explaining it!

Yeah, some of the issue was coding in the game itself. This was also an issue on 11, but the far greater issue has always been server capacity. These servers are not capable of handling the community creations and the online gaming. Right now, I think that they are having to choose between having a decent online experience with poor community creations or vice versa. I do not believe this will get fixed without a major increase in server capacity.

I honestly believe that THQ management's attitude is that the WWE license will sell itself and thus there only needs to be a bare bones minimal investment in this game every year, because people will buy it because it is the only wwe game. I don't think this is the attitude of the devs mind you, but the board and management. I think if they were given a better budget, the dev team would make a mind blowing game, but they do the best they can with what they are given to work with.

I should have posted this when the patch first came out, but better late than never I supposed...

Alot of people expressed frustration at the fact that the servers started working much slower after the patch was released. On the contrary, I saw this development as a positive development. It puts the developers in a negative light though. Let me explain:

The servers running slow now confirms one of my original thoughts on server problems from day one. The game was giving up on the servers too quickly. The game originally basically waited like 3 seconds to successfully connect to content before giving up and booting us back to the main menu. The game has now been patched as to not give up so easily. There is really nothing more the developers can do to the game itself to remedy the server issues.

But wait, the servers are still FAR from perfect, what can be done now?? Well this is the other side of what the patch as revealed. When the developers tweeted that we should see major improvement with the servers after the game got patched, it appears to me that they were in fact assuming that the problem was the game itself. It wouldn't surprise me either if the folks higher up the food chain were pushing them to think this way.

Patching the issue in the game has exposed the truth about just how cheap and incompetant THQ really is: The problem is THQ decided to cut costs and not provide adequate servers for all the traffic the game is generating. I've heard that after the debacle with the servers for SvR 2011, the company supposedly setup better servers for WWE '12. I will concede that there does seem to be a little grain of truth to that. I would say the WWE '12 servers are working marginally better than the 2011 servers were. They probably assumed that the whole problem was they just needed slightly better servers. Newsflash THQ: You need MUCH better servers and apparently MORE of them!

So how can THQ/Yukes finally fix the servers? Like I said, they've been exposed for the cheapwads they really are. It's freaking WWE people, what kind of traffic did you expect on your servers? Man up, spend some money and add more servers and/or properly upgrade the existing ones like you should have done in the first place.

That is all, THQ has run out of excuses if these server issues reappear in WWE '13.

This... should be sent to THQ so they know, that we know.

Of course the DLC Kane, Edge, and Christian wasn't a glitch! I thought we all knew that already. I just assumed the people complaining about that were just whining and trying to get them to change it. Anything that a message pops up for is certainly by design, so if anyone on the THQ team said it was a glitch, then they really were either lying or just ignorant. Either case is embarrassing.

Archived