MCWrestling

iSmex.

Edgar Von Durer ? The Residential Rapture

Via a rough transition, we find ourselves in unfamiliar pastures—dissimilar to the day before in more ways than one. Upon pushing through the double-doors that lead into the luxurious lounge, one may come to notice the desolation that the room possessed in such striking abundance—the tumbleweed’s presence built around moments such as this. And with vacancy came the cancellation of clamor…noise no longer a factor. As only the robustly-eared man could hear, a solitary sound emanated from the clock, which acted as the centerpiece of the large area. Edgar Von Durer, a frown planted quite firmly upon his face, seemed more than ready to leave the eerily quiet room when the sight of a familiar soul entered into his peripheral view. His identity could be distinguished even from afar, as Edgar instantly noticed the man’s unmistakable hair-do—a purposely ruffled mess of blond hair, situated atop a somewhat large head. Smoke rose from where the man sat, creating an odd sort of fog around him. Edgar, a smile now positioned in its usual spot, tip-toed over to where the individual rested with the steady-footed precision of a Tibetan monk. Once positioned at the side of the leather armchair, Ed jumped from his hiding spot, yelling in the tone of a madman. “BOO!” He chuckled, as if the gesture was little less than commonplace, and continued speaking. “Did I get’cha Shawn? Huh? Did I?” Eying Hunter expectantly, he awaited a reply.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As some workers are starting to leave the venue, Ian Roberts decides to accompany them as well by going to his place and call it a day, having plenty to think about in the morning. He's scheduled to team up with Shawn Hunter to take on Tyler Morgan and Edgar Von Durer at Monday's Adrenaline show as a sneak preview of the respective title fights set for next week's pay-per-view event, a big opportunity for the challengers to let their presence be felt on the champions by scoring a win over them on the last show before Neverlost. The Englishman has some unfinished business with Tyler Morgan after the champion took matters into his own hands and decided to put an ending of his own to his challenger's match with a former TV champion, Marcus, last Monday night, something that has given the contender an insight of what could be inside Morgan's head, what he might be thinking and feeling and what he has to do in order to set up his downfall by the time their title match is up. The champion is struggling to keep himself with a good track record coming into his second title defense while the challenger hasn't been physically defeated by pinfall or submission in almost 2 months and the only lost he has suffered since being introduced in the TV title hunt was by disqualification provoked by the champion himself, an act that has left a lot to be desired from the current monarch. Neverlost is getting closer and the pressure that both challenger and champion must deal with will certainly increase but, by the end of it, only the fittest will be able to claim being the best out of the two as the TV champion would show his dominance over the other, Adrenaline is shaping up to be the perfect place for Ian Roberts to show Tyler Morgan a glimpse of what awaits him at Neverlost next week and letting him know that the Englishman isn't a title contender for the mere experience of it but to claim what he has earned with hard work and effort and finally achieve greatness by giving a fitting, satisfactory ending to his journey and becoming the new TV champion.

Shawn Hunter ? ‘MCW’s Best-Kept Secret’

Edgar Von Durer’s unexpected appearance startled Shawn rather slightly, which resulted in Shawn exhaling long, heavy sigh, followed up with the shake of his head. A faint grin had slowly formulated onto Shawn’s visage…momentarily, that is, until he directed his attention towards MCW’s Atlantic Champion, thus producing an unpleased expression in order to indicate that Edgar’s presence wasn't too satisfying at this time of the day. Removing his cigar from in between his lips, Shawn re-positions himself more comfortably before offering a response. “Not quite, Ed’…you didn’t get me – but I’ll ‘get you’ in a matter of seven short days…oh—and that Atlantic Championship. The more I think about it, the more and more eager I get to defeat you and strap that hunk of gold around my waist again, Edgar.” Shawn takes another puff of cigar, then releasing the smoke as he turns his head away from Von Durer, smirking.

And with that puff of smoke, an unstoppable convulsion of coughing erupts deep within his clean-cut throat—the body’s natural response to the sudden inhalation of a foreign substance kicking in. He places a hand on his chest, as if guarding it from another alien attacker, and sighs heavily—an expression completely unable to be categorized or placed within a walled-in box…no emotion present in the simple (yet very complicated) gesture. Edgar begins to speak, his mind in an entirely different dimension. “It’s funny…having been around smokers of every class for many, many years, you’d think I’d have become jaded towards ‘em by now.” He chuckles, a small ambiance of humor within the utterance, before continuing on. “But maybe it’s just one ‘a those things that never seems fade. I suppose you could go so far as to say that smoke’s one of my many kryptonite’s…a disdain I can’t seem to shake.” And at that, he seems to have touched ground—arriving back to earth following an intriguing trip to the recesses his mind had to offer. The grin, which had yet to fade, powering through even the coughing fit, doubled in its strength. Edgar stumbled onward, his voice now much more concrete. “And I agree. You’ve come so very far these past few weeks, and Sunday should be a shining moment in both of our lives.” He began to nod, as if approving of his own opinion.

Shawn Hunter ? ‘MCW’s Best-Kept Secret

Shawn continues to stare-off into space, almost oblivious to the majority of what Edgar had to say. After taking yet another puff of his cigar, Shawn removes the cigar from his lips, and then places the tightly-rolled bundle of dried tobacco onto the coffee table that was placed in front of him. Afterward, he places the bottom of his feet onto the floor, and then rests his elbow on his bent knees as he clasps his hands and fingers together. “Of course Sunday will be a shining moment…for me, at least—but for you? I’m not sure what would make one think that, unless you’ve actually got some sort of carefully thought-out plan in that brain of yours. If that turns out to be the case, then that’ll make things all the more interesting for the both of us; and the people that watch it live; and on television. It’ll be a true Kodak moment – a moment that I’ll have the pleasure of telling my grandchildren. February nineteenth, two-thousand twelve will be known as the day that Shawn Hunter was deemed Motor City Wrestling’s very-own hero; rescuing the Atlantic title, removing it from your clutches and securing it in a safer possession…directly onto my right shoulder.

And then an old meme took my face
|
Gabriel Gospel

So as Gabriel awoke he saw that his talents would not be used in the ring this week and instead would be used in another roll. Instead he would be on commentary for the match between Cody Rhodes and Jayson Addair. Is there any reason for this Main Event or is is just a match to send the fans home happy. Or is it Cody's own chance to get some momentum too, while being verbally trashed at the commentary table. Going back and forth with Dusty Rhodes was always fun, especially since that beatdown that has occured since the last time the two shared the table. Gabriel gets into the process of getting himself ready for the day ahead of him. He doesn't have anything on but he might as well be ready for something. His next match will be in exactly one week. Neverlost.

"The Assassinator" Daniel Bryan

Whilst Dynamite is busy sucking up to the management, as always, Bryan is re-energizing his inner soul by listening to some music on his iPhone. Leaning against a backstage wall, with the earphones plugged in his ears, oozing attitude and personality, he was feeling alive again, after the hectic schedule Dynamite forced him to undergo the previous day. That's fine. If that is how Dynamite wants to live his final days in the company, let him do it. He has another 1 week to blabber his mouth and act like a jerk. After next Sunday, he'll be gone, gone forever. "The Assassinator" will assassinate him. MCW will be a better place once again. The wrong things would have been made right again by the time Feb 20 hits 2012 (ring a bell?)! All thanks to one man and the only man in MCW: Daniel Bryan! As for tomorrow's Adrenaline, he found out earlier today that both, he & Dynamite, will be competing in 'Pick your Poison' Matches at the show. What that means is that Dynamite will pick Bryan's opponent, and Bryan of Dynamite's. And guess what? Bryan's smartness again got the best of the management's stupidness. Want to know how? Bryan is competing in the first match of the night, while Dynamite is doing so in one of the final ones for the night. Yet again, Dynamite is given more relevance, more time to prepare for his match. God, we need a savior! Oh, wait? We already have one: Daniel Bryan! Haha! Anyways, the current tune ringing in Bryan's head, as he has his earphones plugged, is 'I Will Always Love You' by Whitney Houston. Consider that a tribute from "The Assassinator". R.I.P Whitney Houston. :(

GO TO HELL!

TBC: Anyone!

AVRAM
SHALOM

'the boss'

Having fallen asleep for a while in his office (Damn that chair is compfy). Avram finally awoke by the sound of the phone ringing. He quickly jumped up slightly, looking around rather cautious for a few moments. Perhaps thinking that the noise was something else; but he soon saw that it was the phone. Picking it up just in time, Avram accepted the call. "
Uh... He-Helllo? Someone is there right?
". A yawn from Avram followed, giving it a while for a response.

The best thing sinced sliced bread
|
Mr. Smiley

From the brain of a wrestling mind. So we, Prestigious, will be the supporting cast for Adrenaline it seems. With Gabriel on the commentary with me and Adam there, simply so impose a presence I guess, so we're included I suppose. Well it's good we were not forgotten I guess, as many have been. Many have come and gone from MCW, some missed and some forgotten. I think if I left now my memory would not remain, I don't think that too many tears would be shed, that people would remember me fondly. There are some here who are still held in high asteem, like Mike Stokes and Malcom Brice, while others are just left int he cold, simply an after thought. If Gabriel left, he would be in the first half, such an impact he has made. Me and Adam would be the later, a pair loosely remembered. Just like that Japanese tag team we used to have here. I guess most people don't even remember them.

JAYSON
ADDAIR

'the detroit tiger'

Sunday morning here in Detroit, MI. And as par usual, the 'Detroit Tiger' had awoke in the early hours of the morning. Finding it hard to just lie in and do nothing. He had been in the gym for the better part of the morning, touching up on a few areas of his game. But it wasn't until he left, that he came across the card for tomorrows Adrenaline. He was up to bat again, this time against 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes. It should be a fun contest, perhaps the best one for Cody in getting ready for his World Title match. Continuing on now, Jayson was heading back to his locker room. Shower time.

ALEX
?
SHELLEY

motorcitymachinegun

Hey! Hier kommt Alex! Here comes Alex Shelley, walking through the hallways of the Motor City Wrestling arena, aimlessly and randomly, with no real destination in mind other than to continue walking through the hallways of the MCW arena to kill some time as he found out he's not going to be competing on Adrenaline on Monday night, which is such a pity. When he took out his phone to play and mess around with it, he noticed, to his regret, that he missed a phone call from Sora. That's pretty stupid. How could he miss that? And it looks like she left him a voice mail. Alex came to a halt and took a seat on one of the production crates before listening to the voice mail of Sora's. That was pretty good news. Shelley decided to call her back, but he too, got no answer as the call was forwarded to Sora's voice mail.

"
That's great to hear, Sor'. I was wondering what the deal was with your arm and your injury. I've been thinking about when you were going to be cleared to start working out and training again. So that's pretty great. I'm ready to get you back in ass kicking shape pretty much any day of the week. I'm not getting booked just yet, so I've got a lot of free time that I'm more than willing to dedicate to getting you back in ring shape. Hit me up. Peace out.
"

SORA
ADDAIR

'the misfette'

i gotta get back to where the life was pretty! rocking all the way to the motor city!
Well, Sora did happen to miss Alex's call back. But that was only because she had been in the shower. She was done now, and had changed etc. So of course, her next step was checking her phone. It appeared as though she had a few texts from Lara, and voice mail from Alex Shelley. She listened to the voice mail, deciding to reply with a quick text before she goes about anything else.

'Cool, cool. I guess, for me... At least O_o. Perhaps hit the gym tomorrow? Too lazy to do anything today

ALEX
?
SHELLEY

motorcitymachinegun

Oh, it's a text now instead of a voice mail. And it was a quick response to the voice mail that he left for Sora only a little while ago, so now Alex Shelley is wondering why Sora didn't pick up the phone when she obviously had her phone with her. She must've listened to the voice mail only a couple of seconds after Shelley sent it to her. But, whatever, it's cool, he's not bothered by that at all. Especially not after reading the text because her laziness might've been a reason for her not picking up her phone. They're cut from the same cloth. And with that, Alex Shelley hopped off the production crate and went back to his locker room while texting Sora.

That makes two of us. Kinda happy ur too lazy to do anything. So am I. Time for some Dexter and napping on the couch. ttyl

SORA
ADDAIR

'the misfette'

Well, partly; Sora was feeling lazy. But that wasn't necessarily her own fault. With her injured arm being such a downer, stopping her from doing things. It had turned her lazy. But that would all have to change soon, because Sora knows what Alex is like when he is training someone. Laziness from Sora won't exactly be tolerated by Alex, despite the two being good friends. The right thing really, can't be lazy when looking to get back in the ring. Something Sora wants so bad, and she may just need that extra push to start things off. For now though, whilst Jayson was now showering. Sora left the locker room feeling refreshed and such; heading towards the cafeteria for a bite to eat. wOOt!

tbc?

Shawn Hunter ? ‘MCW’s Best-Kept Secret

Shawn continues to stare-off into space, almost oblivious to the majority of what Edgar had to say. After taking yet another puff of his cigar, Shawn removes the cigar from his lips, and then places the tightly-rolled bundle of dried tobacco onto the coffee table that was placed in front of him. Afterward, he places the bottom of his feet onto the floor, and then rests his elbow on his bent knees as he clasps his hands and fingers together. “Of course Sunday will be a shining moment…for me, at least—but for you? I’m not sure what would make one think that, unless you’ve actually got some sort of carefully thought-out plan in that brain of yours. If that turns out to be the case, then that’ll make things all the more interesting for the both of us; and the people that watch it live; and on television. It’ll be a true Kodak moment – a moment that I’ll have the pleasure of telling my grandchildren. February nineteenth, two-thousand twelve will be known as the day that Shawn Hunter was deemed Motor City Wrestling’s very-own hero; rescuing the Atlantic title, removing it from your clutches and securing it in a safer possession…directly onto my right shoulder.

As Shawn concludes, bringing his pretentious-strewn spasm to a close, Edgar couldn’t help but sigh—a precarious thought or two quickly swatted away before they can infect the lot. He approaches the leather chair adjacent to his future opponent, planting his backside on the arm of the structure as opposed to the body. His eyes focus on the ashy pile of tobacco for an instant before travelling back to Hunter, where they rest as he offers up a reply. “A carefully thought-out plan? You overestimate my intensions, Shawn.” He chuckles, nodding his head side-to-side in a somewhat erratic fashion. “No, no, no. Sunday’s happenings will be nothing more than what you might expect…no tricks in Eddie’s back pocket this time, ole pal. You and I? Well, we’re gonna play it straight down the middle, as I’m more than sure Shawn Hunter wouldn’t have it any other way. You are, after all, the hero in this tragedy we call life…are you not? And Eddie is the primordially villain…who’s emphasis is only as the fodder to the protagonist. There is no thin line with you, is there? No…that’s quite clear. But, just so you can have peace of mind over this last remaining week, I will personally bestow this information unto you: Neverlost will be everything you expect it to be and more…as sure as the sky is blue I can assure you that this event will not be a letdown. I mean, this is the storybook ending, isn’t it? Good conquers evil, reaping a final recompense along the way. It is quite the beautiful scene…but I have to say that I prefer the alternate finale a bit better.” And at that, Edgar was fading away once again, allowing his thoughts to overwhelm him.

JAYSON
ADDAIR

'the detroit tiger'

Some time had passed since we last gained some news regarding Jayson Addair. And by now he was simply resting. In his locker room he could be found crashed back on the couch, staring up at the cieling as he had a quiet moment to gather his thoughts. Tomorrow he had to take on Cody Rhodes, and then at Neverlost he was free. This needed to change before MCWMania. Perhaps a Motor City Connection reunion may be in order.

Pigs in Space
|
Gabriel Gospel

Gabriel has returned to the arena, as is his usual routine. He has no reason especially to be here, just here he is. He found out that it will be Jayson vs. Cody tomorrow so it appears his actions won't be doing the talking, and it will simply be his words. In that ring, at the table, nobody is a better talker than Gabriel. He is ready to verbally trash Cody tomorrow, give him a piece of his mind. He is still looking to get him on the back foot for next Sunday. Right now Gabriel is simply strolling around the arena, not really with anything to do. He is sending a message on his phone. He still has plans for Monday, he wants that position of power in his court.

JAYSON
ADDAIR

'the detroit tiger'

After spending a few minutes pondering the match tomorrow, and orchestrating a game plan in his head to combat that 'Dashing One' tomorrow night on Adrenaline. Jayson then decided to take his leave from his locker room and actually check out what is going on in and around the Motor City Wrestling Arena. Yep, tomorrow was going to be another big match here in MCWrestling. Little did nobody actually consider; is the pressure Jayson has on. After all, he is competing in his hometown week in, week out. And when you compete in your home town, you always seek to win, you always seek to put on the best match possible. That is something Jayson has to deal with twice a week here in MCWrestling. But look; he has been involved in most of MCW's best matches since it's inception; close to two years ago. Yep, whether he be against Sin Cara or Captain Righteous, even Mike Stokes or Johnny B. Fresh. This MCW Original has been around since the start, and stole the show no matter who he is put up against. Something that won't change at all as MCWrestling moves forward through this year.

simply
CODY
dashing
RHODES

Having received word of the fact that the match card for tomorrow night's Adrenaline was hanging up on the bulletin board near the chambers of the members of the MCW managerial squad, more so near the office of the MCW General Manager himself; Avram Shalom, Cody Rhodes had no choice but to go check out what there's planned for him this time around on MCW's Monday night show of Adrenaline. Is he back in action? Is he main eventing? Is he even wrestling? Those are a couple of questions that needed answering and that were answered when Cody Rhodes arrived at the bulletin board and let his eyes scan the match card for tomorrow night's Adrenaline. Cody Rhodes is, in fact, back in action and he is back in action in the main event where he well and truly belongs. Tomorrow night's opponent will be the man who he has built up some sort of an alliance with over the past couple of weeks; Jayson Addair, by assisting him and getting him wins as well as being in his corner last MotorStorm on Thursday night. But tomorrow night, both Jayson Addair and Cody Rhodes will have to keep one eye on each other and the other eye on Gabriel Gospel, the MCW World Heavyweight Champion, who's going to be on commentary for the main event match of epic proportions with the other two Prestigious being at ringside. With Neverlost around the corner, Cody Rhodes needs a win over Jayson Addair to build up momentum for next Sunday. Losing is not an option.

JAYSON
ADDAIR

'the detroit tiger'

Well, Jayson was still very much backstage at the Motor City Wrestling Arena. He could be found backstage, sat atop of several stacked production crates; a good few feet up in the air. He was simply taking in his surroundings, as people passed him by in a rush. Workers were getting things ready for tomorrows show; Adrenaline. It's odd that main event. Gabriel Gospel is on commentary, but still needs Prestigious there for some odd reason. Can say, Jayson bring back up? You know, like Calvin Rodgers, Tyler Moore... Maybe Sora? How about Alex Blair or Alex Shelley? Yes, it was odd. This wasn't going to be a straight forward singles match at all.

simply
CODY
dashing
RHODES

While Jayson Addair was crapping his pants, scared of a little outside interference by Prestigious members Aaron Starr, Mr. Smiley and the MCW World Heavyweight Champion; Gabriel Gospel, and was thinking about bringing some back up of a couple of guys that aren't even around and are less than relevant nowadays, Cody Rhodes was trying to figure out a way to stay out of the clutches of Prestigious and still being able to come away with that all important victory over Jayson Addair tomorrow night. One thing is certain, do not enter the area at ringside where the commentators are and where Prestigious will be. Stay out of that way and stay close to the side of the ring that's closest to the entrance ramp. He knows he can beat Jayson Addair, back up or no back up, he just got to stay out of the way of Prestigious.

JAYSON
ADDAIR

'the detroit tiger'

Crapping his pants? No, no. Jayson was just trying to think of why Gabriel Gospel. The self proclaimed best thing since the GIFs on Shawn's profile would need back up if he was going to simply call a match. That's all Jayson was thinking about. But still, Rhodes is Gospel's opponent next Sunday, not Jayson. Rhodes has more to worry about than Jayson, 'cause this is a guess. Just a guess. But between the two; if one has to win. Surely, Gospel would rather see Jayson walk away with a win, and Rhodes walk away with a loss and a lack of momentum. I guess we'll find out when David posts and probably adds his two cents.

simply
CODY
dashing
RHODES

Either way, Cody Rhodes knows that Jayson Addair is always looking to make a statement and is always looking to establish dominance over the company, one way or another. If that's by answering someone's call out, beating one of the best the industry has to offer at the moment or having a few choice of words for a certain competitor, Jayson Addair always wants that people are talking about him, mentioning his name, holding him in the highest of high regards. It doesn't matter if he's holding a championship or not, Jayson Addair strives on being the best. And Cody Rhodes, well, he wants to show that he's the best by not only beating Jayson Addair at Adrenaline tomorrow night, but then also going on to beat Gabriel Gospel at Neverlost for the MCW World Heavyweight Championship. And knowing that momentum can change the outcome of his upcoming match, a loss at the hands of Jayson is not what Cody is going to let happen to him on Adrenaline. Anything less than a victory is a disappointment to the future two time MCW World Heavyweight Champion.

[WADE BARRETT | ENGLISH ROSE]

Wade stood inside his locker room with a wide grin on his face, rubbing his hands together. His mind didn't have him doing much, in reality Wade didn't want to do anything at all. After just waking up from a hard night of sleep, Wade finally had woken up. Did he feel like doing anything? No, but that didn't matter to him. He just wanted this day to pass.

Is being totally lazy
|
Gabriel Gospel

Gabriel doesn't need his "goons" with him, it was simply a decision by the board that Gabriel is choosing to accept. He didn't ask to have Aaron or Samuel with him, but he will take them seeing as they are a team and teams stick together. Besides why wouldn't he bring them? Why would he not let them have this experience, why would he not treat his disciples. Gabriel is a giving man, he likes to give people opportunities. He has no reason to fear two men he has beaten in the past and is better than. He is simply taking them along for the ride. Gabriel isn't scared, he is better than both men in the ring, like he proved on Thursday and will prove next Sunday. And that's all he has to think about that. As for his actions, Gabriel is walking around, getting a cup of tea to keep himself full of energy. He has no energy and it's cold enough so keeping warm and getting a boost? Double bonus. Only one week until Neverlost, he can't wait.

Archived