The Rock- One last run?

Oliber.

22 members have voted

1. 1. One more run for the great one?

Seeing as how some compares the WrestleMania showdown to the Hogan/Rock classic, I want to know if you guys want The Rock to have one final good run in the WWE.

My answer is yes. I wouldn't mind him back again, even just for under a year. Hell, put him the title. He's not that old, he's still good in the ring, and just his presence electrifies the crowd. For me, I want him to win one last WWE title for one reason:

To put over a certain Superstar. I don't know who, but that superstar will benefit from that, (see Brock Lesnar). So, I'm all for the Great One to come back.

As for the OP, Rock was one of the best at helping other talents. Was always a gracious dude despite being a top star. Anyone working with The Rock at this day and age would do wonders for them. So a small run that ends with him elevating someone would be cool for the business. It doesn't even have to be for the title, he doesn't need a title run.

I don't want it.

What else can he accomplish? Put a couple guys over? Take a main event spot from a couple deserving guys?

Rock has never been someone that comes in and helps, the way his character works doesn't allow it. By the time a feud ends he's put the guy down so many times that it doesn't even matter if he wins. Nobody remembers he beat the rock, they remember the 150 insults rock threw around.

I don't want it.

What else can he accomplish? Put a couple guys over? Take a main event spot from a couple deserving guys?

Rock has never been someone that comes in and helps, the way his character works doesn't allow it. By the time a feud ends he's put the guy down so many times that it doesn't even matter if he wins. Nobody remembers he beat the rock, they remember the 150 insults rock threw around.

Rock has helped a lot of guys. It has nothing to do with his character not allowing him to do so, yeah he hurls insults around, but there have been occasions where people have gotten over on him. Lesnar, Goldberg, Jericho, Angle are some examples.

I don't want it.

No no no. The Rock was overrated then, and he's overrated now, he's good for this one match with Cena then he should go away.

Thanks, these saved quite some time.

I don't want it.

Rock has helped a lot of guys. It has nothing to do with his character not allowing him to do so, yeah he hurls insults around, but there have been occasions where people have gotten over on him. Lesnar, Goldberg, Jericho, Angle are some examples.

Rock came in at the end of all those runs. I'd say the closest he came was Jericho, and that was Jericho working his ass off, he also went over Austin that night. Rock was a small part in all those careers. He never gave that huge push to someone like Austin did for him, and he never will. Actually I take that back, he gave that push to goldberg, which was a terrible idea.

I don't want it.

Rock came in at the end of all those runs. I'd say the closest he came was Jericho, and that was Jericho working his ass off, he also went over Austin that night. Rock was a small part in all those careers. He never gave that huge push to someone like Austin did for him, and he never will. Actually I take that back, he gave that push to goldberg, which was a terrible idea.

Austin didn't give Rock a push by Rock going over him. Austin played a part in helping Rock through the years, but Rock never went over him until 2003. It was more like a joint effort kind of thing for both men.

As for Jericho, Im not talking about the night he went over Austin as well. Im talking in general, gradually through his career. Jericho would tell you himself that The Rock was a big part of helping him in that first run. Same for Angle. Both men went over Rock to get their first world titles. At the end of the day, Rock has had a hand in helping some talents, despite his reputation for being a man with a lot of insults. You just made it seem like he was invincible.

only if he looses at mania and Cena turns heel at mania. Then he should definitely have a one last run trough the following hear, add a title between the two perhaps at one point, and then get Miz into the bout to take the title away at one point, and then have another fight between the two on next year's mania and have Rocky win for good.

another way, if he wins this mania, have Cena beat him with a chair or something after the match on mania itself, and put him over as a heel that way, and then have Rock get screwed next year on mania again and say something like: *censored* you Cena, I'm not going to fight your cheating candyass again, etc. or possibly have Stone Cold come in for the save on mania that year, to make it cooler etc.

I wouldn't mine one last run for a few months. Plus, him being WWE Champion can do wonders for the company, in many different aspects. One, any opponent he goes against will be put up to his level, so he can go up against Sheamus, Barrett, Orton, etc. and that will elevate each man's career, win or lose. WWE would get mainstream media coverage from many places. WWE should capitalize on him.

Archived