^^ this

Londango*

Am I the only one who finds this extremely annoying? When you're reading through a thread and then you see members who do nothing but quote somebody else's post and then under it write "^^this".

How lazy is that? Some people don't even bother to write ^^this, they will just quote someone else's post, and then repost it.

You never used to see this on the forum years ago. If someone was posting, they were posting for a reason. To add to the conversation and voice their opinion. But now it seems the "^^this" posts are happening mire and mire often. Does no one have an opinion anymore? It they don't have the intelligence to write out their own posts in their own words?

I mean... if you're not posting to voice you opinion or add to the conversation... Why post at all?

And just a note, anybody who quotes this post (or any other post in this thread) will get zero funny points...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone else post more or less the same thing you were going to say, it's pointless to just re-write their post just for the sake of typing.

Just don't reply to the thread then. It is something that really annoys me, especially when the topic is a question with one actual answer. the question gets answered and people just quote that until the thread is usually closed.

I find it annoying when people don't/hardly have original posts. But I don't mind a post being quoted as a point of agreement. Until it turns into a quote pyramid. Not funny.

This post deserves a "This" Seriously though I want to add my view to the topic and someone posted it perfectly worded and detailed. Why shouldn't I do it then ?

I find the "this" schtick to be alright if used in moderation. However, a really irritating nuisance for me is when *Censored*s always post very short responses (usually 5-6 words long) that serve no purpose other than to boost their post count under the guise of agreeing or disagreeing with the OP.

I find it annoying when people don't/hardly have original posts. But I don't mind a post being quoted as a point of agreement. Until it turns into a quote pyramid. Not funny.

This post deserves a "This" Seriously though I want to add my view to the topic and someone posted it perfectly worded and detailed. Why shouldn't I do it then ?

I know. I usually do it when I'm on the iPod touch, since stupid autocorrect gets on my nerves.

Yeah "^^THIS" wasn't used years a go, but QFT was and it's just a more common used way of Quoting for truth these days, they are both the same thing, just a way of showing that you fully agree or giving credit on a great point/post.

Do i hate it? It really depends on how it's used, i don't mind it at all if it's used correctly, when someone is doing it because the comments they are quoting are bang on the money then i think it's perfectly acceptable with or without them adding their own comments on top of it. I've done it before when someone has made a point that was better than i could and nothing else needed to be said but i fully agree'd with them or because the person made a great point but it was being over looked.

However, there are people who use it incorrectly or use it when it doesn't need to be used at all and they are the ones that cause people to get so annoyed over it's use. For instance, when someone has made a joke and someone quotes it with "^THIS!" This what? Surely you can't fully agree with a joke or QFT a joke. Empty Quotes are usually the worst, at one stage in this forum we'd have tons of people obsessed with their post count who would leave empty quotes all over the SVR Sections, even quoting the OP's News or CAW Pics etc, that is when it gets annoying.

It can get annoying, but what pisses me off more than anything is when a person quotes the first post of a CAW that has like 5 pictures and just says "nice work". It's like seriously? you can say that without quoting the enire first post.

Yeah I agree here. It's the same in say threads with a massive first post and they quote it and say one short thing meaning you have to go through the opening post twice, it makes me rage!

Archived