Redirecting (Adverts)

BlackToxic

I'm Constantly being redirected to other websites while clicking topics (even when creating this one).

When i click a topic this redirects me;

http://184.168.69.224/?username=k.kho

It has directed me to different websites, all lousy news/video websites loaded with adverts. I Would email it directly to Tom but from past experience he seems to read here more than he does his emails.

I have that problem when I'm on the desktop...I will click on the Add Reply button, and it will act as though I clicked on an ad.

I always get redirected to attack sites though...like the one that pops up a help box saying that your computer is infected, and wanting to do a free scan.

Mobile has been fine thus far, though :cool:

Hello,

Sorry you're having trouble. I'll try out forum links in different web browsers etc. and see if I can replicate this problem. The only place that should take you away from here is if you click on an ad, not on a forum topic or button on here. Are you sure your browser may not have been lagging and caused the click to be in the wrong place by accident?

Can anyone having this problem please let me know some more details such as the link it takes you to (seen the one the OP posted, thanks), your screen resolution and the browser you were using, as well as, if you can remember, a description of any ads you saw on the page at the time.

Just to rule out any problems on the user end it would be a good idea to check your PC for malware & viruses and check that you don't have any rogue plugins/addons installed in your browser as these can cause click redirects.

Meanwhile I'll try my best to check this out.

Thanks.

It isn't on my side, it was only happening while browsing this forum and no it's not lag :P. I Managed to get this image i still have in my clipboard from earlier;

http://i43.tinypic.com/ztg1u0.jpg

I Haven't had it since i made this topic oddly enough but i was getting it on nearly every topic i clicked earlier.

I've been having that same problem and I'm redirected to the same site.

the last couple days I've been having the same problem. I was getting re-directed to random sites when I click on things.

NOW Im getting this. I just clicked on page 2 of the Patch Notes (in wwe12 chat)....and this pops up every time.

33mqss3.jpg

I go to alot of sketchy sites, but this one continually makes me the most nervous.

I've been getting them every now and then within the past few days but only really in the past few days. It was kind of sparingly before that, but I still got them. My anti-malware is up to date and I'm browsing from internet explorer. However firefox does seem to work better for me for some reason.

I'm using my school issued laptop and I know that spyware is up to date...I got directed several times today...on the Create an Arena forum and constantly on the WWE'12 General Talk forum...one was redirected so many times that the original page wasn't even showing up on the back button...had not happened at all until last week or so.

Archived