The Crash Bandicoot Thread

TheNetworkZ

Just a topic to discuss the series.

The Crash series has got to be one of my favourite game series of all times, the music is wonderful and it probably has the most colourful characters. Although I hate the new character designs (the old ones have been brought back in Nitro Kart 2 though), I would like to see the old designs to be used in the future...if there is any for the Crash series. I'd love to see the classic series given an HD collection, or to be redone totally with better graphics. I would be happy with a new sequel if done correctly, hell even a remake of CTR or Crash Bash would be a definite buy for me.

What are your opinions of the Crash series? What kind of direction would you like to see it go in if a new game were to come out? Your character design preferences? etc.

Crash Bandicoot (1) will always remain one of my favourite PS1 games. While I liked Crash 2, I didn't think it was as good. And Crash 3 was great. But after constant playing, I got tired of it.

I actually downloaded Crash Bandicoot on PSN about a week ago. It's still a great game. Though I forgot how hard it is. I guess it's because I'm so used to using the analog stick. Out of the bosses, I definitely found Ripper Roo the most annoying. Not so much the hardest, but just the way you had to beat him. Easiest IMO was Pinstripe (who happens to be my fave boss in the game).

Crash Bandicoot is the reason I begged my parents for a Playstation. Crash Bandicoot the first game is probably my favorite of the group simply because of how awesome it was at the time. The games graphics for the time were great and really took it to Nintendo and Super Mario. Crash 2 was a fun game but it wasn't in till Crash Bandicoot: WARPED that I loved the series again. Warped was fun because while you could beat the game once, you got to go back and not just collect gems but also get silver and gold trophies for the fastest times. CTR was lots of fun but I actually hated Crash Bash.

Overall I love Crash and always will but I try to pretend that his games on the PS2 never happened. The only way I'd want to play a new Crash game was if Naughty Dog took over again which isn't likely. You also have to give LOTS of props to Naughty Dog when you look at their collection of work. Crash Bandicoot on the PS1, Jak and Daxter on the PS2 and Uncharted on the PS3. I can't think of any other company that has been so successful with a new series on a new system like Naughty Dog has been.

I love the Crash Bandicoot series, but it really hit the shitter after The Wrath Of Cortex on the PS2. I'd love them to bring back the warp room style games (like Crash Bandicoot 2, which I thought was the best of the lot). Crash Bandicoot was the second game I ever got, after V-Rally. Crash and Spyro were my favourite games as a kid; I loved them both.

Wish they'd start making good Crash games again. Don't see the point in all of the racing spin-offs, because any time I want to play a Crash racing game, it'll always be CTR. Actually, I'm lying, I occasionally go back and try Nitro Kart again, but I never stick with it.

What are your opinions of the Crash series? It's one of my favorite game franchise to date. I'm not a big fan of the latest two games, but Twinsanity is absolutely awesome. It's my favorite Crash game, even above Naughty Dog's trilogy. Second favorite would be the original Crash. I have all Crash games, except Crash Bash, Tag Team Racing and Boom Bang.

What kind of direction would you like to see it go in if a new game were to come out? Old-school, but semi-free roaming platforming Twinsanity-style without any titan hi-jacking or fighting.

Your character design preferences? Everything from the first Crash to Twinsanity were good designs, Crash of the Titans basically ruined some of the characters, especially Tiny Tiger and the witch masks (Uka Uka and Aku Aku).

Crash was PlayStation's official unofficial mascot. Shame that Naughty Dog were the only team that knew how to make good Crash games.

I recommend to read this:

http://all-things-andy-gavin.com/2011/02/02/making-crash-bandicoot-part-1/

Detailed story on how Crash was created, together with concept ideas, testing, level design, technical info, because Crash 1 really pushed beyond what people thought was possible on the PS1 and trying to convince Sony to give them the budget/support to progress.

For me, the Crash-series up and until Crash 4 on the PS2 was my childhood. It never got boring for me. The controls were perfect, levels were fun and the secret warps area meant that you had to think outside the box to get to certain levels.

Great series.

Hey, does anyone know what happens if you get 3 Neo Cortex icons in Crash 1? I know that if you get 3 of his girlfriend, it'd take you to a bonus level in the trees, where you get to save (that was my main gripe about the 1st game...not enough save points). And if you get 3 heads of Dr. N. Brio, you get teleported to a bonus stage in some sort of cave with a LOT of TNT. But what happens if you get 3 Cortex heads? The best I can get is 2.

What are your opinions of the Crash series? It's one of my favorite game franchise to date. I'm not a big fan of the latest two games, but Twinsanity is absolutely awesome. It's my favorite Crash game, even above Naughty Dog's trilogy. Second favorite would be the original Crash. I have all Crash games, except Crash Bash, Tag Team Racing and Boom Bang.

What kind of direction would you like to see it go in if a new game were to come out? Old-school, but semi-free roaming platforming Twinsanity-style without any titan hi-jacking or fighting.

Your character design preferences? Everything from the first Crash to Twinsanity were good designs, Crash of the Titans basically ruined some of the characters, especially Tiny Tiger and the witch masks (Uka Uka and Aku Aku).

Man, I forgot about the new mask designs...those were probably the worst.

I'd like to see that as well. There haven't been any HD collections of PSX games for the PS3 have there? Some of the Crash games are on the PSN store so I can't see them releasing an HD collection, although I would prefer it since I'm one of those people that prefer to have physical copies of games.

Archived