CAWS from the Dark Side

Lordv@der66

After a long hiatus from CAWS.ws (namely on account of the steady influx of idiots that pop out of holes), I've returned with my own showcase. Now I don't put out remotely anything close to the volume of originals that some people do, hell...I only make about 15 characters of my own while filling the rest of my roster with other people's creations. But the characters I do make I'm quite proud of. Enough of me yammerin' at the mouth though, here's the footy of my two flagship male characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C59tl1jD1Pc

Dan Ripley

Originally made in 2009 for use in XWA,but is now a prominent character in PWN. Dan Ripley was primarily inspired by Dolph Zigler and Jack Swagger in appearance as well as attitude. However over the last couple years, I've strayed away from Zigler and Swagger's personality influences to make him a more brooding, calculating character, while still keeping bits of the brash, cocky elements. Ripley is a two time All-American from Seton Hall University, where he played Basketball as well as wrestled. He's about as accomplished and polished a wrestler you can get, which I made evident in his moveset. What he lacks in flash he makes up for in technique and efficiency, with lots of traditional wrestling moves; Backbreakers, neckbreakers, suplexes etc. For Dan's look this year, I decided to simplify it compared to last year. No flashy attires, just 3 simple looks: Biker shorts (his primary), a singlet and standard trunks, all using the same black, sky blue, gray and white color scheme (the colors of his alma mater).

!!!JONNY PUNCH!!!

A character near and dear to my heart, and without a doubt the most infamous E-Fed character ever made. Punch is an extension of my own self. Basically me if I were a wrestler. He's the most crass, rude, vulgar, chauvinistic, offensive douchebag you'll ever have the displeasure of meeting...and the fans love him for it. Punch was originally made in 2008 for use in XWA as well as my "F-U" to the status quo of E-feds at the time. A means for me to be able to do really "neat" things. I didn't even think the character would survive the 1st year, but he did on the strength that people loved him. He was something that was needed at the time, a reality check.

Since 08, I've toned Punch down a lot, since the general attitude among "The Circle Of E-Feds" changed to the point that we're all no longer at each others throats. After 2008, I decided to take a different approach with him, but again another needed one. Bringing the "funny" back. Complete and total satirical humor. And it ended up being his niche ever since. He has elements of the Sam Kinnison, George Carlin & Richard Prior used in his persona. No one is above getting cracked on by him, and that's what makes him fun.

His current look is now the official look I'll use for him from here on out, as over the years he's had a LOT of remakes. Originally he was molded after Keith Flint of The Prodigy, then he rocked a mullet and liberty spikes with a more Sandman/Mad Man Pondo look, the last year I modeled him off of Keystone Light's ad character Keith Stone. Sandman and Pondo have and always will be his wrestling influence, as Punch is as hardcore as they come. As he himself has said "If Riot's the King Of Hardcore, you're lookin' at his successor". If you're looking for innovative offense, look elsewhere. Punch ain't innovative. He's a street fighter. He doesn't do drop toe holds, takedowns, heel kicks or moonsaults. He punches people in the mouth. As his ring name suggests, his favorite form of offense is his fists, but he'll use whatever's not bolted to the ground if he's allowed to. Since there's a few more brawler type moves in the game this year, he's especially more brutal and violent then years past.

Both are on PSN right now. The tags are in the vid, I've typed enough...to lazy to type more. :P

After a long hiatus from CAWS.ws (namely on account of the steady influx of idiots that pop out of holes), I've returned with my own showcase. Now I don't put out remotely anything close to the volume of originals that some people do, hell...I only make about 15 characters of my own while filling the rest of my roster with other people's creations. But the characters I do make I'm quite proud of. Enough of me yammerin' at the mouth though, here's the footy of my two flagship male characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C59tl1jD1Pc

Dan Ripley

Originally made in 2009 for use in XWA,but is now a prominent character in PWN. Dan Ripley was primarily inspired by Dolph Zigler and Jack Swagger in appearance as well as attitude. However over the last couple years, I've strayed away from Zigler and Swagger's personality influences to make him a more brooding, calculating character, while still keeping bits of the brash, cocky elements. Ripley is a two time All-American from Seton Hall University, where he played Basketball as well as wrestled. He's about as accomplished and polished a wrestler you can get, which I made evident in his moveset. What he lacks in flash he makes up for in technique and efficiency, with lots of traditional wrestling moves; Backbreakers, neckbreakers, suplexes etc. For Dan's look this year, I decided to simplify it compared to last year. No flashy attires, just 3 simple looks: Biker shorts (his primary), a singlet and standard trunks, all using the same black, sky blue, gray and white color scheme (the colors of his alma mater).

!!!JONNY PUNCH!!!

A character near and dear to my heart, and without a doubt the most infamous E-Fed character ever made. Punch is an extension of my own self. Basically me if I were a wrestler. He's the most crass, rude, vulgar, chauvinistic, offensive douchebag you'll ever have the displeasure of meeting...and the fans love him for it. Punch was originally made in 2008 for use in XWA as well as my "F-U" to the status quo of E-feds at the time. A means for me to be able to do really "neat" things. I didn't even think the character would survive the 1st year, but he did on the strength that people loved him. He was something that was needed at the time, a reality check.

Since 08, I've toned Punch down a lot, since the general attitude among "The Circle Of E-Feds" changed to the point that we're all no longer at each others throats. After 2008, I decided to take a different approach with him, but again another needed one. Bringing the "funny" back. Complete and total satirical humor. And it ended up being his niche ever since. He has elements of the Sam Kinnison, George Carlin & Richard Prior used in his persona. No one is above getting cracked on by him, and that's what makes him fun.

His current look is now the official look I'll use for him from here on out, as over the years he's had a LOT of remakes. Originally he was molded after Keith Flint of The Prodigy, then he rocked a mullet and liberty spikes with a more Sandman/Mad Man Pondo look, the last year I modeled him off of Keystone Light's ad character Keith Stone. Sandman and Pondo have and always will be his wrestling influence, as Punch is as hardcore as they come. As he himself has said "If Riot's the King Of Hardcore, you're lookin' at his successor". If you're looking for innovative offense, look elsewhere. Punch ain't innovative. He's a street fighter. He doesn't do drop toe holds, takedowns, heel kicks or moonsaults. He punches people in the mouth. As his ring name suggests, his favorite form of offense is his fists, but he'll use whatever's not bolted to the ground if he's allowed to. Since there's a few more brawler type moves in the game this year, he's especially more brutal and violent then years past.

Both are on PSN right now. The tags are in the vid, I've typed enough...to lazy to type more. :P

Welcome back brother. I like the guys, especially Jonny. Love his T-Shirt design.

Archived