The Bands you love, but everyone else hates.

BlackToxic

August Blows Red

whoa you sure told them

anyway most people I know are chill when it comes to music so there's little h8 thrown my way. even the tr00est pop punk/metal fags should be able to share in the glory of the first Attack Attack ep (so many dumb mosh calls, shit's tremendous) or brodown to the sultry tones of Chunk No Captain Chunk!, and tbh I think most will - imo only the lamest person in existence would not even at the very least humorously enjoy a Chunk track and instead be all "this is shit, I CANNOT LISTEN TO THIS, put Bloodbath back on".

though srsly, I'll admit I've yet to find more than three people who share my non-ironic Millionaires love :(

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August Blows Red

whoa you sure told them

anyway most people I know are chill when it comes to music so there's little h8 thrown my way. even the tr00est pop punk/metal fags should be able to share in the glory of the first Attack Attack ep (so many dumb mosh calls, shit's tremendous) or brodown to the sultry tones of Chunk No Captain Chunk!, and tbh I think most will - imo only the lamest person in existence would not even at the very least humorously enjoy a Chunk track and instead be all "this is shit, I CANNOT LISTEN TO THIS, put Bloodbath back on".

though srsly, I'll admit I've yet to find more than three people who share my non-ironic Millionaires love :(

hehe, they don't deserve a wittier diss. :D

liking

•  
  • nevershoutnever
  • a day to remember
  • breathe carolina
  • coheed and cambria

has given me something in common w/ 19 yr old sluts. And made sure my guy friends due not trust my taste in music whatSOever

where im from....ur better off liking Foo Fighters, Jason Aldean, Wiz Khalifa....and shutting ur mouth

I have a friend who claims he hates Nickelback but catch him tapping his feet to songs when they're on the radio.

Maybe because you don't have to like a song to be able to tap your feet to the rhythm? Most people do that subconsciously.

I think the main thing I'm not a fan of with Nickleback is the lyrics. Chad can sing, but often he just sings terrible lyrics. The rest of the band usually puts in a solid performance, at least from the songs I've heard.

I'm not a Nickleback fan or a hater. Yet I'll speak on this, because you can't possibly avoid them. They are a mainstream band that I hear at the beginning of Monday Night RAW, on the radio and at least once in every bar I've been in since they debuted. Yet I do know some people that are actually sorta into them and thus I have had the chance to hear more of 'em than just what is on the surface though. I've never seen them live, but those I know who have claim they put on great live shows. I've heard that sort of thing on TV before too and just passed it off as hype (which it still could be) but I trust the judgment of some of the people in particular I know who've seen them and they echo that sentiment that they're a good live band.

The thing I've noticed with Nickleback is that they actually do have a few meaningful and well written songs too. I think that is why it's a shame that most of their songs have a general douchiness to them. I feel that Chad can write decent lyrics, but his record execs tell him not to bother when it comes to songs they want to put into heavy rotation on the airwaves. And he thinks to himself, hmmm, well... I like money (and who doesn't) and just goes along with it. I'm not a rap fan at all, but I know Jay Z's famous line I dumbed down for my audience and doubled my dollars. Sorry to say, but rock music can suffer from the same mentality of their record labels. Again a shame, because anything catchy should be able to sell. "Never Again" is catchy as hell, well written and has a good message. But it's not shallow and full of douchbaggery (which is apparently what some music execs seems to think is the only that can sell in rock) so "Never Again" is not nearly as big as the song "Something in your mouth". LOL Now, the Canadian people I know are more polite than that... makes me wonder if the same band even wrote both songs.

And my least fav song by Nickleback is probably their biggest hit. "Heeey, Heeeeyyy, I wanna be a rockstar". I'm thinking, bitch you're already a rockstar... what are you whining about?

Speaking of whining, I don't want to drone on about the music industry... but I think Nickelback is the classic case of a decent band ruined by the allure of the spotlight and willing to conform to whatever in order to have it.

The thing I don't like about Nickelback is just that there's so many bands that sound like them. I'm just not into the whole sound of the whole post-grunge genre. It just has a douchey vibe to it. They lack a sense of consistency too. They have those songs that are douchey anthems about doing it and the life of a whore, and then they have upbeat pop songs that get played on VH1. It's like two completely different bands. They lack sort of an identity. I know I, myself, am into generic pop punk bands like A Day To Remember, but their lyrics are really relatable to me. I can't really explain why I like some bands and don't like others. In the end I guess it just comes down to Nickelback has never impressed me. Pat Carney derailed them in his Rolling Stone interview too.

The thing I don't like about Nickelback is just that there's so many bands that sound like them. I'm just not into the whole sound of the whole post-grunge genre. It just has a douchey vibe to it. They lack a sense of consistency too. They have those songs that are douchey anthems about doing it and the life of a whore, and then they have upbeat pop songs that get played on VH1. It's like two completely different bands. They lack sort of an identity. I know I, myself, am into generic pop punk bands like A Day To Remember, but their lyrics are really relatable to me. I can't really explain why I like some bands and don't like others. In the end I guess it just comes down to Nickelback has never impressed me. Pat Carney derailed them in his Rolling Stone interview too.

You're exactly right about all of that. And man are there a bunch of Nickelback clones or what! Theory of a Deadman comes to mind. It's like if you crossed country hicks with some douchey frat boys, you get that band. It's just a bad combo.

You're exactly right about all of that. And man are there a bunch of Nickelback clones or what! Theory of a Deadman comes to mind. It's like if you crossed country hicks with some douchey frat boys, you get that band. It's just a bad combo.

Trust me I know about the clones. My dad listens to them on the radio 24/7. I can probably name every clone without even hesitating. He constantly asks me if I want to go to Rockfest and I always tell him no. Bands like Seether and Shinedown just aren't my cup of tea.

I like: Slipknot, Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, 3OH!3, My Chemical Romance, Bullet 4 My Valentine and Linkin Park which are all viewed as uncool where I live but that's probably because I live in a typical Hip Hop Street where you get laughed at if you listen to any kind of rock,metal etc. 3OH!3 are trash but it's catchy.

I think the main thing I'm not a fan of with Nickleback is the lyrics. Chad can sing, but often he just sings terrible lyrics. The rest of the band usually puts in a solid performance, at least from the songs I've heard.

I'm not a Nickleback fan or a hater. Yet I'll speak on this, because you can't possibly avoid them. They are a mainstream band that I hear at the beginning of Monday Night RAW, on the radio and at least once in every bar I've been in since they debuted. Yet I do know some people that are actually sorta into them and thus I have had the chance to hear more of 'em than just what is on the surface though. I've never seen them live, but those I know who have claim they put on great live shows. I've heard that sort of thing on TV before too and just passed it off as hype (which it still could be) but I trust the judgment of some of the people in particular I know who've seen them and they echo that sentiment that they're a good live band.

The thing I've noticed with Nickleback is that they actually do have a few meaningful and well written songs too. I think that is why it's a shame that most of their songs have a general douchiness to them. I feel that Chad can write decent lyrics, but his record execs tell him not to bother when it comes to songs they want to put into heavy rotation on the airwaves. And he thinks to himself, hmmm, well... I like money (and who doesn't) and just goes along with it. I'm not a rap fan at all, but I know Jay Z's famous line I dumbed down for my audience and doubled my dollars. Sorry to say, but rock music can suffer from the same mentality of their record labels. Again a shame, because anything catchy should be able to sell. "Never Again" is catchy as hell, well written and has a good message. But it's not shallow and full of douchbaggery (which is apparently what some music execs seems to think is the only that can sell in rock) so "Never Again" is not nearly as big as the song "Something in your mouth". LOL Now, the Canadian people I know are more polite than that... makes me wonder if the same band even wrote both songs.

And my least fav song by Nickleback is probably their biggest hit. "Heeey, Heeeeyyy, I wanna be a rockstar". I'm thinking, bitch you're already a rockstar... what are you whining about?

Speaking of whining, I don't want to drone on about the music industry... but I think Nickelback is the classic case of a decent band ruined by the allure of the spotlight and willing to conform to whatever in order to have it.

Good post. Never Again is a really good old Nickelback song in my opinion, too, and while Something in Your Mouth's lyrics are horrible, you gotta agree it's a pretty catchy song, still. One thing I have to say, How You Remind Me is most likely Nickelback's biggest hit, along with Someday.

If "every band today sounds like Nickelback", wouldn't that mean Nickelback originated the genre that you hate? At least they were innovators at one point; it's everyone else that gave them a bad name :rolleyes:

They should be hated even more for originating such a dull genre then, plus they aren't good.

If "every band today sounds like Nickelback", wouldn't that mean Nickelback originated the genre that you hate? At least they were innovators at one point; it's everyone else that gave them a bad name :rolleyes:

They should be hated even more for originating such a dull genre then, plus they aren't good.

They arn't that bad, they make power pop rock, and they do it well.

I don't listen to them, but to say they arn't catchy is just ignorant.

Archived