Sea of Signs

TheNetworkZ

Who else remembers when there used to be a sea of signs in the WWE/WWF? Now it seems like less than half the fans bring signs to Raw/Smackdown. Is there an actual reason for this, or are the fans just lazy (or don't care for bringing signs) or something now? Reason I bring this up is because they were discussing this on Aftermath a few weeks ago and I thought I was the only one to have noticed this.

I'm assuming none of you ever went to a live event during the "Sign era" aka the attitude era. It was f'n terrible. Couldn't see a damn thing.

So glad it's been cut down on.

That does sound like a positive trade-off

It was terrible. I remember I was like 8 and went with my cousin. The guy in front of us had literally a stack of 15-20 signs that were just white with a wrestlers name written in sharpie. Nothing cool or unique. I couldn't see a god damn thing, even standing on my seat there was just a big ass sign.

My cousin asked the guy to knock it off so I could see, since he would hold his sign up anytime a wrestler glanced at him or a camera was within 1/2 mile, he wouldn't. My cousin got tired of it and when the dude stood up with a sign he grabbed his stack, ripped them in half and tossed them. Guy turned around pissed and my cousin grabbed that one and some not so PG terms were used.

Guy sat down and shut up though.

Archived