Brodus Clay

Lumpy McRighteous

It made feel I was a kid back in the 90's again watching Rikishi and The Godfather. We had flamboyant gimmicks that were entertaining. Kids today don't like it because they're not used to gimmicks like that. Alot of kids today like real life gimmicks. Me being oldschool I miss the old style gimmicks. Yes they were over the top, yes they sometime were annoying. But it was ENTERTAINING! Everybody's complaining how the WWE isn't interesting anymore. Yes it's creative, but gimmicks aren't what they were.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a smart move IMO. We already have a generic dominant powerhouse that's in the main event scene, nothing would come out of having two. Before his career would have started he would have already been out shone by Mark Henry. Besides, it's not like he'll have this character for the rest of his career-- remember Sexual Chocolate?

So you're saying ten years later when Brodus is playing a serious heel, philly fans are going to be chanting Funkasaurus. Should be an awesome moment.

Anyway, yes this is exactly the sort of the gimmick that won't get close to the main event. So what? This obsession with trying to make every new guy fit into the main event mold is why the midcard was so dull for many years. Brodus is going to be an midcard act. But he'll be an entertaining midcard act.

Scyeeaahh!!!

Am I the only one who wants to see him team up with Zack Ryder? Two gimmicky "cool" characters but in different forms and shapes.

I really wanna see that happen, too. Hell, they could even start a feud with Hawkins and Reks since Ryder and Hawkins have history with each other, thus giving the tag division a boost

I feel like he'll wind up teaming with Percy Watson...

Sadly, Percy ditched the "OH YEAH!" gimmick months ago, thus it wouldn't work out well. :\

Shhheeaahh!!!

Fixed.

You all disappoint? It's not like he was going to stay relevant being a monster heel for more than a couple years anyway. At least this way he stays interesting while cheap selling a lot of merchandise.

I was floored by it, but it looks promising simply because of its hilarity. However, what I'm really looking forward to is the inevitable heel turn to come about when "The Funkasaurus" has run its course.

I, for some reason, think Big Johny's behind Funkasaurus. I can see Ace talking to Brodus on the phone next week saying he has an even better gimmick for him and they just keep getting more ridiculous until Clay goes nuts.

That was my first thought when I watched RAW aswell.

To all those who hate this gimmick, just remember something. Mark Henry was once Sexual Chocolate. Dolph Ziggler was once a golf caddy, then a male cheerleader. Edge was once a prettyboy vampire. Brodus' star will rise, but it'll just take more time.

Archived