Brodus Clay

Lumpy McRighteous

So as we all saw last night on RAW, Big Brodus is finally a RAW superstar as "The Funkasaurus" / the love child of Flash Funk and Rikishi. While I pulled a Picard and said "What the *censored* is this shit?!?" while LOL'ing at him being given The Cat's theme, I'm wondering what the future holds for him. Despite the constant push-backs, I was still looking forward to seeing Clay tear the house down now that he was free from Birdo and in line for seemingly big things. Despite being trolled by creative, I feel like he can make it work despite its silliness because he's got good mic skills for a giant. However, what I'm really looking forward to is the big pay-off once the gimmick runs its: A heel turn ala Mizark Henry and a chance to use his "Fall of Humanity" / "I am the beginning, I am the end" gimmick that we saw in the vignettes. Your thoughts, fellas?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As hillarious as it was, it doesn't change the fact that it was a HUGE disappointment (no pun intended). They kept us waiting for 2 months only to show us this crap?

I laughed my ass off at him, but then again, I facepalmed first...

I personally wasnt disappointed in the least, purely because i've grown tired of almost all big guys debuting in the same way.. a tried squash match to show how strong they are followed by a usually meh feud and then throw into random matches for no reason.

Besides, we have enough big guys dominating and doing the whole i'm large and in charge gimmick.

Its nice to see a big guy get a gimmick that doesnt rely on him flexing his muscles or overpowering everyone like a animal.

I was disappointed because I’d rather have Brodus as a heel. The worst thing about it though, not only is Clay stuck with this gimmick but they’ve thrown Naomi in too, not bothered about Cameron. Although with that said, I will fully support this gimmick if Brodus starts to team with Percy Watson. :shifty:

I like it in the sense that the guy has a ton of personality. When he did an exploder suplex on Hawkins and called out "Suplex!" when he did it, I marked out. Even though the match was about 3 minutes, he kept me entertained by calling out stuff and saying things like, "My bad!"

The biggest problem I have with this gimmick is that it will pigeon hole him into a role that really never goes anywhere. It'll be fun for a while, but can you actually see him make a legitimate push with this character? I doubt it. Either way, he'll get over, and at least I'll get to see him say funny shit and actually wrestle (something missing from a lot of big guys).

As hillarious as it was, it doesn't change the fact that it was a HUGE disappointment (no pun intended). They kept us waiting for 2 months only to show us this crap?

I laughed my ass off at him, but then again, I facepalmed first...

I personally wasnt disappointed in the least, purely because i've grown tired of almost all big guys debuting in the same way.. a tried squash match to show how strong they are followed by a usually meh feud and then throw into random matches for no reason.

Besides, we have enough big guys dominating and doing the whole i'm large and in charge gimmick.

Its nice to see a big guy get a gimmick that doesnt rely on him flexing his muscles or overpowering everyone like a animal.

I feel the same way. It was nice to change it up for once.

I like it in the sense that the guy has a ton of personality. When he did an exploder suplex on Hawkins and called out "Suplex!" when he did it, I marked out. Even though the match was about 3 minutes, he kept me entertained by calling out stuff and saying things like, "My bad!"

The biggest problem I have with this gimmick is that it will pigeon hole him into a role that really never goes anywhere. It'll be fun for a while, but can you actually see him make a legitimate push with this character? I doubt it. Either way, he'll get over, and at least I'll get to see him say funny shit and actually wrestle (something missing from a lot of big guys).

The Godfather got his biggest most legitimate push under a similar gimmick. It could at least garner him some US/IC title runs, then once he loses, he can turn heel and revert back to his old gimmick. But I hope that isn't anytime soon.

I think I would have preferred a Heel Gimmick. As stated, this one has its perks, and the way he stated the moves he was doing and apologised for them too was somewhat humorous, though at the same time it's the sort of thing you'd expect from someone who is mentally challenged.

His character somewhat reminded me of that guy in The Green Mile (Tom Hanks film). Can't remember the character or actor name off hand. As also stated though, he's not going to get anywhere with this gimmick. Certainly not championship material.

Archived