The Official Against All Odds PPV Discussion Thread

Misatouki

23iyt92.jpg

This Sunday, February 12, Direct Auto Insurance presents "Against All Odds" live on Pay-Per-View and online around the world at TNAOnDemand.com! The epic event takes place from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.TNA PPV events air on Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Charter Cable, Cablevision, AT&T U-Verse, Verizon FIOS, DIRECTV, Dish Network, Viewer's Choice and more.

You can also watch the PPV online at TNAOnDemand.com - easy access and great HD video quality! In addition to live PPVs, you can register at TNAOnDemand.com for JUST $3.95 for full access to all archived DVDs and past PPV events! Get your LIVE! Pay-Per-View from TNAOnDemand.com today and watch online by visiting

http://tnaondemand.c...p=1&vidid=29716

INTERNATIONAL AIRDATES FOR AGAINST ALL ODDS:

United Kingdom: Challenge – Wednesday 15th February at 22:00

United Kingdom: BT Vision – available from Monday 13th February at 15:00

Germany, Austria and Switzerland: Sky Deutschland – Monday 13th February at 02:00 (Live)

France: MCS – available from Wednesday 15th February

India: ESPN Star Sports – Wednesday 15th February at 18:00

Australia: Main Event – Monday 13th February at 12:00 (Live)

Africa: SuperSport – Monday 13th February at 15:00

New Zealand: Sky Arena – Monday 13th February at 14:00 (Live)

| Theme Song |

"Tear Yourself Apart" by Roses in Rome

http://www.myspace.com/rosesinrome

| Match Card |

ppv1.jpg

Four-Way Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray vs. James Storm vs. Bobby Roode

ppv3.jpg

Singles Match

Kazarian (w/ Christopher Daniels) vs. AJ Styles

ppv2.jpg

Tag Team Championship Match

Samoa Joe and Magnus vs. Crimson and Matt Morgan

ppv4.jpg

X Division Championship Match

Alex Shelley vs. Austin Aries

ppv6.jpg

Knockouts Championship Match

Tara vs. Gail Kim

ppv1a.jpg

Singles Match

Gunner (w/ Eric Bischoff) vs. Garett Bischoff (w/ Hulk Hogan)

ppv5.jpg

#1 Contender's Match for the X Division Championship

Zema Ion vs. Jesse Sorensen

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

You can expect Jeff vs Roode III and Mickie vs Gail III

Even before Genesis, it was pretty much expected that we'll be seeing a triple threat between Hardy, Storm, and Roode at AAO. Now, it seems like there might be a chance for a fatal four way with Bully Ray added to the three names above.

Really loving Gail's part on that poster.

• Joe and Magnus needs to win this one, but it look like they will not.
  • Jesse vs Ion looks to be promising, but I prefer Ion vs Nese. Hope that after this, they give more X divison wrestlers time to shine.

• 2 weeks later...

The final card is up, and I must say that this PPV looks far better than most of the previous ones, and every single match (bar the X Division #1C's Match, sort of). I would expect one more match to be sneaked onto the card, but if not, some of these matches are definitely going to be getting some good amount of time.

My predictions:

I honestly can't see Jesse winning because we've already gotten Aries vs. Sorensen, and I don't think that we'd get Sorensen vs. Shelley (yet, anyway) if Alex won the X Division title. So the only logical choice would have to be Zema Ion becomes the #1 Contender for the X Division Championship.

Gunner vs. Garett Bischoff

This is basically Garett's one-and-only chance at proving he can go in the ring. Despite the fact that he only did maybe two or three basic moves, in a match where he wasn't yet "trained by Hogan," people are already calling him a terrible wrestler, this whole storyline a waste, etc. So again, this is basically Garett's chance to prove the doubters right or wrong. Either way, I don't see him losing in the match, so Garett Bischoff gets the win.

Tara vs. Gail Kim

This is probably the third match on the card that I can't give a clear decision on who wins. Gail could retain, and maybe restart/continue on her feud with Velvet Sky, which could lead to Velvet beating Gail at LockDown for the Knockouts Championship. Then there's the possibility of seeing Tara win the title, once again beating Gail Kim because of miscommunication with Madison Rayne, who tried helping Gail. Then maybe at Victory Road, or during the Impact shows leading up to it, Mickie James turns heel (it definitely looks like that is the direction), beats Velvet at Victory Road and challenges Tara for the title at LockDown (which sounds much better than Gail/Velvet). I'll just go with who I want to see win, and that'd be Tara wins the Knockouts Championship.

Joe and Magnus have been on fire since the very beginning, and after the promo that Magnus cut yesterday in London, I'm rooting for them even more. Morgan and Crimson could retain, but I just don't see any reason for them to. I had no problem with Crimson, but he is definitely in need of a heel turn, and continue his feud with Matt Morgan. So with that said, Samoa Joe and Magnus win the Tag Team Titles, and Crimson turns heel to continues his feud with Matt Morgan in the process.

This is the second match on the card that I'm sort of stuck in between who I think may win. Shelley could win, have a rematch with Aries at Victory Road, and then have a friendly feud for the title with a returning Chris Sabin at LockDown (a la Genesis '09). Then I think about the Tag Team Championship Match, and no matter who wins in that match, there really isn't anybody else to gun for the titles. We'd have already seen Joe/Magnus vs. Morgan/Crimson twice, and I'm sure we wouldn't want a third. So that would have to mean that TNA probably has MCMG returning planned for the Impact shows leading to Victory Road. Though, that doesn't really matter because whoever wins in the X Division Championship Match, it's sure to be great, so I'll just go with Austin Aries retains the X Division Championship.

Kazarian vs. AJ Styles

This one seems pretty simple, actually. Though, it's possible that AJ could win, Kazarian wins with help from Christopher Daniels seems to be the only real plan.

Bully Ray vs. Jeff Hardy vs. James Storm vs. Bobby Roode

I honestly can't choose a winner. There's the possibility of Roode retaining, or (God forbid) Jeff Hardy finally "redeeming" himself. There's also the possibility of Bully Ray getting the victory here, and quite honestly, I'd be more than happy if he won. Ray has been nothing but golden, and now would be a good time to have him as Champion. Come LockDown, we could see him drop the title to James Storm in The Cowboy's home state, and then have Roode vs. Storm headline Slammiversary. That, or Roode retains, drops the title to Storm at LockDown, but I'm honestly not too sure on this one, so I'll just go with Roode retaining.

Overall, this PPV seems far better than the rest, on paper anyway, and at least six out of the seven matches are sure not to disappoint, so AAO should be a pretty good PPV.

I'm hoping for a good match out of these two because I really don't think TNA has done enough yet to make either of them feel special. I like Sorensen but he's already had his shot so I can't seem him winning again. I'd love for TNA to bring someone like Petey Williams back to compete for the title or at least help put over the newer X-Division wrestlers.

Zema Ion becomes the #1 Contender for the X Division Championship.

Gunner vs. Garett Bischoff

Here's the complete opposite of the above match because I think TNA has done too much for Garrett Bischoff. I'm kind of tired of Hogan already and it's not like I'm a Bischoff hater of Eric of Garrett. Garrett no doubt has the look and he has more charisma then some of the veterain wrestlers. The key is going to be if Garrett has improved at all in the ring. Lets hope that short time off where he was "training with hogan" was actually used to Train with someone else.

Garrett Bischoff defeats Gunner

Tara vs. Gail Kim

This should be a good Knockouts match as both women are talented in the ring and have a history with each other that should make the match that much better. Gail Kim has been made the star of the Knockouts that I don't see that changing anytime soon. If someone is going to beat Gail Kim it's going to be Velvet Sky or someone new to the Knockouts Title.

Gail Kim keeps the Knockouts Championship.

You have to give TNA credit. They are able to do with the tag team division that WWE has really failed to do for a while now. Granted the Tag Division isn't great by any means and I can only hope Motor City returns sooner then later. So what am I talking about? I'm talking about TNA being able to take two random wrestlers and make them a great tag team. They did it with Beer Money and now they are doing it Samoa Joe and Magnus. Now TNA deserves some credit but most credit deserves to the above mentions names. Here's hoping Joe and Magnus win the gold and help turn the Tag Division back to the way it was.

Samoa Joe and Magnus win the Tag Team Titles

For years many have wonder who is the true winner of the PCS Challenge. Who is Kevin Nash's favorite X-Division wrestler? Ok...so maybe this isn't why those two are fighting. But it will however live in the hearts of many TNA fans. These two have a history, they have skill and they should put on a great match. I see Austin Aries winning here and continuing his dominance. If Austin Aries wins this Sunday he has a great chance of holding the X-Division title longer then any other wrestler during a single reign.

Austin Aries retains the X Division Championship.

Kazarian vs. AJ Styles

My good friend Misatouki seems to think this match will be simple to decide but I'm going in the other direction. I say AJ Styles wins this match and we find out by Daniels has held Kaz hostage.

AJ Styles defeats Kaz

Bully Ray vs. Jeff Hardy vs. James Storm vs. Bobby Roode

This should be a simple match to call. Bobby Roode deserves to hold onto the belt and the only one who should be taking it off him is James Storm. Personally I think that match will happen at a later date. Perhaps LockDown, perhaps they will make Roode's title reign really long and wait in till Bound 4 Glory. Who I don't want to win the match is Jeff Hardy. I like the story of him recovering from his addictions and getting back on top. But just like Michael Vick, it doesn't happen over night. As far as Bully Ray goes, this guy is perhaps one of the biggest heels in wrestling overall. He deserves a World Title but it should of been in WWE who failed to realize what they had when they turned him into a singles wrestler in 2003. His time at World Champion is probably up although I wouldn't complain if he did win.

Bobby Roode retains his TNA World Title.

MY PREDICTIONS

tnaaaologo.jpg

Four Way Match For The TNA World Heavyweight Championship

© Bobby Roode vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray vs. James Storm

TNA Knockouts Championship

© Gail Kim vs. Tara

TNA World Tag Team Championship

© Crimson & Matt Morgan vs. Magnus & Samoa Joe

X Division Championship

© Austin Aries vs. Alex Shelley

Singles Match

AJ Styles vs. Kazarian

Singles Match

Gunner vs. Garrett Bischoff

Number 1 Contender Match For The X Division Championship

Jesse Sorenson vs. Zema Ion

I doubt Gunner vs. Garett would start off the show, with Eric and Hulk being involved, so the #1 Contender's Match is the only logical choice for a PPV opener.

Also, Robbie E. has issued an open challenge for the Television Championship:

I don't mind who the opponent may be, just as long as it's not EY. I'm getting kind of tired of EY and Robbie E being the only ones in the TV title hunt.

I'd like to think that it's a returning/debuting opponent as well, but who really knows. I honestly don't think it's EY, simply for the fact that if it was, they'd have just slapped Robbie E vs. Eric Young right onto the card without mention. Personally, I'm hoping for it to be Harry Smith, Chris Masters, or even John Morrison, but I have a feeling that it'll be Mr. Anderson making a return.

Archived