10 years of TNA wrestling.

Oliber.

ya gotta love Robbie E The Zack Ryder Rip off

Unless you're admitting that Zack Ryder is a Jersey Shore ripoff... no, Robbie E. is not a Zack Ryder ripoff, dumb ass.

Also, I think I'd take my chances with somebody like "Ditzy" Carter, (who is actually running a wrestling company) over some dumb ass Zack Ryder mark on the internet, who not only has trouble typing a single well-structured sentence, but also likes to pretend he knows more about the business than someone else (who actually is).

Actually Zack used the gimmick before Jersey Shore debuted on MTV. Ryder debuted on ECW May 5, 2009 with the WWWYKI gimmick. Jersey Shore debuted December 3, 09.So Ryder had the gimmick first. But TNA copying WWE at stuff is nothing new. I also noticed how Tna Smarks get angry at the slightest criticism of TNA even when facts show its failing. For Example how TNA had to cancel 2 overseas shows do to poor ticket sales :facepalm:, and how there attendance records for shows are pitiful compared to WWE. I would rather have Kurt i've had 3 Dui's in TNA and i was still Champ" Angle run TNA over Dixie.

Number1: Get rid of Hogan and Bishof, well atleast as on Air talent.

Number 2: Go back to their roots and what put them on the map.

NUmber 3: Get rid of a lot of the Older talent and concerntrate on the young guys. Keep a few to get the young guys over.

They're pretty much doing this right now.

Then why are they still failing?

To clarify, I'm not really hating on TNA. I mean, for a while I liked it, but now it just seems to mesh with every other big league wrestling promotion and it just gets lost in the shuffle. About 7 years agom aybe a little bit less I actually loved TNA and considered it to be possible competition on their own with barely any help from former WWE guys. Ok, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, and Christian excluded. It was interesting, unique, and offered a better alternative than WWE. Now, however, it just looks like that slurped up the vomit that WWE barfed out, and it doesn't appear to be getting any better. I feel that TNA is on life support, and unless they can do something major to turn it around in the next few years, the plug may be pulled.

Failing as in? Entertainment value? I wouldn't know, haven't watched in months. Financially? I don't know how good business is, but I'm assuming their fine. People've been saying the plug would be pulled every year for the last 10 years. Call me crazy but I think they'll be around for a little while longer.

TNA are slowly expanding, it's always growing. Just because it's not on WWE's level doesn't mean it's going under or anything.

Entertainment value is a good start. I'm no accountant, so I have no clue how they're doing financially. All I know is the first time I tried to watch TNA, I really, really enjoyed it, as it was an exciting alternative to the WWE. Then, after a while, I lost interest, and when I finally did come back to watching it, I was greeted with some of the dumbest damn storylines I've ever heard of, multiple run-ins that made me feel like I was watching "Ready To Rumble", and an overall letdown of a wrestling promotion.

Don't get me wrong, I feel like TNA can be great, and no, I don't think the WWE is anywhere near perfect, but everytime I watch TNA, it just feels like they're trying too hard to re-live the glory days of other promotions rather than venture out on their own, and the cycle keeps rolling down the hill.

•  
  • 1. Re focus on the Tag Team and X Divisions as well as their respective titles.
  • 2. Get rid of the veterans like Ruso, Hogan, Flair, Bischoff, and focus on younger talent.
  • 3. Get mother *censored*ing Paul Heyman
  • 4. Move out of the Impact Zone and if possible return to The Asylum with six sided ring
  • 5. Do more touring and live episodes

Actually Zack used the gimmick before Jersey Shore debuted on MTV. Ryder debuted on ECW May 5, 2009 with the WWWYKI gimmick. Jersey Shore debuted December 3, 09.So Ryder had the gimmick first. But TNA copying WWE at stuff is nothing new. I also noticed how Tna Smarks get angry at the slightest criticism of TNA even when facts show its failing. For Example how TNA had to cancel 2 overseas shows do to poor ticket sales :facepalm:, and how there attendance records for shows are pitiful compared to WWE. I would rather have Kurt i've had 3 Dui's in TNA and i was still Champ" Angle run TNA over Dixie.

Sorry dude, but I'm pretty sure Robbie used the gimmick in the indy scene for years.

Sorry dude, but I'm pretty sure Robbie used the gimmick in the indy scene for years.

Yes, Strauss used the gimmick in indies. I heard Zack used it too, gotta ask Mikey.

But I think, IMO, Robbie E does more justice on that gimmick than Ryder. The looks, the movement, the way he talks. Ryder has better in ring skills, but I think he is trying too hard.

I agree with everything Generations just said but im sure the tna smarks will wave off or try to defend tna. :shifty:

Why be a dick? Just stick to the topic instead of calling guys out for no reason.

Anyway, I feel they try to recreate WCW alot, which is a bad idea. For something to be successful it needs to be new and fresh, its the same for any company. Give the fans something they haven't seen before (They had the 6 sides and the X-Division at the beginning which was good), and word will soon spread.

When Hogan announced they were going to 4 sides, he said how they did it to go back to how wrestling used to be, which sums up everything that i've said, we dont want things we've seen before.

The X division will never be the same because of the weight limit. It makes me mad that Samoa Joe will never be X Division champ again because of the new rule. The have turned the creative idea of "It's not about weight limits, it's anout no limits" to the cruiserweight division and not much of one at that honestly I mean you have only a few guys that will flip or even try a springboard and that is one of the reasons TNA fails to beat WWE. Another is the writing I often ask myself WTF? during a storyline for example, Scott Steiner was brought back into TNA by Kurt Angle to fight off Immortal only to have them both in Immortal by the end of the year. Its things like that that really grind my gears

How many times does this need to be explained: Robbie E is based off of the Jersey Shore. Zack Ryder is not based off of the Jersey Shore, these are two separate gimmicks. Ryder's gimmick is a "Long Island Broski." My New Haircut people, look it up on youtube. Not to mention My New Haircut pre-dates Zack Ryder and Ryder came before Jersey Shore. Now, everybody can get over this.

Again,they are two separate and different gimmicks.

Go figure that the haters flock into any thread that's a positive for TNA. Then again, that's pretty much been the norm around here. :rolleyes:

TNA is the IWC's whipping boy. I'm convinced it's impossible to have a coherent conversation about TNA on this forum.

if Dizty Carter hired Paul Heyman aka (Someone who would want to take it to the next level)it probably would have happened but she is content on doing the same old think year after year. Hell Bischoff and Hogan didn't really help it much except bring a wcw style to it.

Yes lets get rid of the old guys like Bischoff and Hogan and replace them with another old guy like Paul Heyman. I have no problems with people wanting to bring new and fresh ideas to TNA and maybe Heyman has some but I just don't know if he's the answer. He failed with ECW and couldn't even pay his wrestlers (Funny people bash and rumor about TNA wrestlers getting paid little yet root for Heyman who couldn't pay his own employees). If someone is going to take over I want it to be someone who didn't get live and die in the Monday Night Wars Era. Someone fresh to the business and Heyman isn't that guy either.

From a business perspective, and especially comparing to how long it took WCW & WWE to take off, TNA has grown very little after 10 years.

I think your looking at it only from a TV side. Yes TNA hasn't had the early success of Nitro or Raw but that was also a different time period. What TNA is doing though is building their popularity and continues to get deals in England, India and TNA just announced new television deals in Africa, New Zealand, Australia, and Germany. How can you say a company that has started broadcasting all across the world is growing "very little"?

Archived