What's Your Workout?

BlackToxic

Before i post this, yes i do realise this is a Forum made up of Gamers and that stereotypically the only exercise we've had is on Track & Field or Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, yes this topic will likely fail but people here do workout! Especially with New Years Resolutions floating around right now.

I Thought this might be a decent way to share our fitness routines, different workouts we use and possibly share tips, for anyone who works out will know that it can become very tedious and your workout needs to be changed up as you get stronger and fitter (or in my case, older and more injured lol). You can also use it to ask questions, share your experiences, goals or views on keeping fit and so on, maybe it will help people who want to get into it.

So, What's your routine, what is your goal and how long have you been doing it?

I have nothing to do, so I might as well post here :)

I am weight lifting 4 times a week. Day consists of running for an hour, Lifting weights early in the morning, mostly supersets. Trying to lose 20 more pounds and getting ripped. I hate cardio, so I just run with friends so I get entertained or play soccer and basketball alone. Sometimes I do boxing. I work on abs everyday, i don't know why but my body is needing that routine. ha.

Trying to get back on eating clean . Spent the week eating cakes and muffins, my normal foods consists of high protein and medium carb intake. Sometimes, I forgot to take lunch, as I sleep or play video games at that time. I replace dinner with protein shake if I'm too lazy to cook .

That's it. Going to cut body fat again tomorrow!

Two And A Half Men, Scrubs, a quick power nap, more Two And A Half Men.

Yeah, i'm pretty full on in my routine.

I do actually spend ten minutes a day seeing how many steps I can vertical leap up. I can do 5, which is pretty good since i'm short and my stairs are pretty high. It's not really a work out though :hqhq:

My routine is not much different to fufu's; well, replace with Two & A Half Men with either Arrested Development or 30 Rock.

My main source of exercise is walking a couple of miles each day, to and from work, which has resulted in me continually dropping weight over the past 4+ years and losing several inches off my waistline.

Because of my body type, I'm very tall and very skinny. I'm actually underweight. Because of that I have been trying to put on weight, although it has been very hard. Despite all the fat Christmas food I've been eating lately.

Ideally, I would put on more weight, so that ly body is more properly proportioned, and then I would start to work out, as I quite enjoy lifting weights.

@MonsantoOfficial - I Wish i was still fit enough and not busy enough to do all that :???:, looks hectic, i never do more than one thing per day, i don't recommend it either.

I Have a whole number of re-occurring injuries and niggling pains through fighting and over doing it plus doing stupid things over the years, i also have alot more responsibilities now that i'm older so i never have the time and have to squeeze in everything around work etc so yeah i don't even do half of what i used to do, i've always ate whatever i want really, my only goal at the moment is to finish the London Marathon in 2013 if i ever get around to officially entering it :rolleyes:.

This was pretty much my old routine;

Sunday - Light Cardio

Monday - Muay Thai

Tuesday - Cardio/Spar (Whatever my fitness coach wished to torture me with)

Wednesday - A Day of crying in sheer pain aka a rest day

Thursday - Play Capoeira

Friday - Muay Thai

Saturday - Cardio (1 Hour StabBall exercises, a few laps around my local park and endurance sessions on a bag)

On top of that i may have a competition or demonstration in that week

This is my routine now.. :blush:;

Sunday - Light Cardio

Monday - Rest

Tuesday - Qwan Ki Do (soon to be dropped)

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday - Cardio

Friday - Play Capoeira

Saturday - Recover from alcohol poisoning.

I Do 2 m-100s everyday, including my rest days.

If you don't like Cardio then try doing m-100s or some of the other fast cardio workouts, they are great, i love doing Mike Chang's m-100s;

I do almost nothing in the winter. I lose motivation because it's too cold. During the rest of the year, I have a punching bag outside that I try to use for at least an hour each day. I also do pull-ups on the structure that the punching bag is hanging from, and I have a weight bench that I can bench more than my body weight on. Also, I like to hike a lot. But like I said, I do very little during the winter...which is actually okay, because I eat a lot less and sleep a lot more. I've never had a schedule. I function more on a "prison routine", meaning, I exercise when I can find the time to do so. This wouldn't be sufficient if I was looking to get ripped...but I'm just trying to maintain a certain level of health and build a little muscle where I can.

I don't have set days but it's basically just a rotation most of the time. Everyday I'm not doing cardio I try to do at least a ten minute jumprope session or one of the Mike Chang workouts that BlackToxic posted, those are great.

Day 1. Chest and Triceps

Day 2. Rest/Basketball

Day 3. Shoulders

Day 4. Biking/Rest

Day 5. Back and Biceps

Day 6. Legs

Day 7. Core

I do actually spend ten minutes a day seeing how many steps I can vertical leap up. I can do 5, which is pretty good since i'm short and my stairs are pretty high. It's not really a work out though :hqhq:

Just wondering do you ever watch anything else apart from Comedy Central?

Just wondering do you ever watch anything else apart from Comedy Central?

Ha!

Yeah, but not much. Usually just BBC 3 and E4. Oh and VIVA, but that's just Comedy Central's shop window channel :hqhq:

And you already know about Hollyoaks, Emmerdale etc.

I do 25 sit ups and 15 push ups every night, I'm thinking of increasing it to 35 sit ups and 20 push ups...

Not to be a asshole or anything but, thats not gonna get you very far. How easy are the push ups and sit ups for you? If you do them with very little trouble you gotta push yourself.. trust me it'll be worth it

Archived