CAW University

Thr33X

I decided to make a new thread for the tutorial videos I said I was going to start doing. This is the first, but wont be the last. The techniques I talk about can be applied to any CAW, but obviously the focus is on Originals. Feel free to ask any questions or share any tricks you might have yourselves, and more tuts are forthcoming.

Facial Morphing (female)- here I show how to recreate a face from a photograph. (Forgive the low mic)

PICTURE BASE- Claudia Sempedro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY4RU3YDtT4

Attire Designing (female)- creating a top & accessories for a female CAW.

PICTURE BASE- Brooke Tessmacher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOZ9v0cnirA

Body Morphing (female)- this is from SVR11, but the techniques apply to CAW mode on WWE12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUCg-rGq-gM

Tattoo Design & Creation- it's a long one, but with lots of good info including color blending for skin tones, step by step creation of a design and tattoo theory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCQ031uokO4

"Muscle/Power Girl" body morphing- step by step on how to create a powerful looking lady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y7azwIt2u4

Asian Female Face Morphing

PICTURE BASE- Asa Akira

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrDObQBwcFY&feature=youtu.be

Fishnet Top (Jeff Hardy style)

*How to make a good fishnet pattern and how to place the PTs on a CAW model for the best effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95HtLgKlJz8&feature=relmfu

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice man ^^ Saw the 37minute timer on the vid at work today and thought screw that I'm not watching it, but the wife wanted to watch her soaps, so I took a look, was worth it :)) I'm quite guilty of messing with "Size" first, never thought to do height/widths first. Gonna give this a go as I've finished most of my originals morphing-wise. thanks for sharing!

Thanks, peeps. Just doing what I can to help build a more creative community. Yes, I know I make comic style, "larger than life" builds, but that's because it's my preference. As I eluded to in the vid, I'm an artist, and specializing in illustration as I do requires a certain knowledge of human anatomy. Everything else is just knowing how to use the system to create the look/effect you want...or at least try to.

The next tutorial will be some practical tips/techniques on how to use the Logo designer to make attires. That'll come by the end of the week.

I consider myself a slightly below average CAW-maker but I'm glad this video pretty much confirmed everything I thought I knew about face morphing, so thank you. It was very interesting to watch/listen to.

One thing that did throw me off though is when you mentioned that messing with head sizes doesn't make any features on the face longer. Maybe it's just me but I was playing 2010 today, just going through and trying to memorize the majority of my CAWs features in the event that I did get WWE12 any time soon. I made very minor adjustments to said CAWs and one of those adjustments, to a female CAW as a matter of fact, was drop the head size to make the facial features a tad bit less long. It seems to make a pretty big difference to me and it's been working for years, unless it's all in my head which is actually very possible... but everything else? ::thumbs up::

Looking forward to that PT video. I've been watching alot of tutorials lately and although I haven't actually tried to go back into a PT enabled game and try anything, I'd feel much better about using them next time I do decide to make an attire. Watching any sort of PT being worked on is fun to me, and inspiring of course

The next tutorial will be some practical tips/techniques on how to use the Logo designer to make attires. That'll come by the end of the week.

Unless that vid can teach me how to draw, it would probably be pretty useless for me... :spas:

But I'll still check it out....

Another great video. Like I said, before though, it's just too bad I don't have the slightest amount of artistic ability otherwise I'd put these tips to use.

:fedup:

I've seriously failed on both counts :D For whatever reason I haven't got your eye when it comes to the morphing, although I'm trying to create male caws so that may not help.

And I tried to create a pair of trunks using your method and while they were pretty darn good in terms of design, I've got my trunk sizes all wrong, so they are nowhere close to fitting over the top... Any idea of a way of correcting it without destroying my design? ;)

I've seriously failed on both counts :D For whatever reason I haven't got your eye when it comes to the morphing, although I'm trying to create male caws so that may not help.

And I tried to create a pair of trunks using your method and while they were pretty darn good in terms of design, I've got my trunk sizes all wrong, so they are nowhere close to fitting over the top... Any idea of a way of correcting it without destroying my design? ;)

You can import whatever design you created into another slot and resize it. Are these men's trunks you made, or female bottoms? General rule of thumb for any attire piece is to make the design full size, as in taking up the entire canvas...it's better to have something big and shrink it down on the CAW than the other way around.

I'm glad that people are finding usefulness out of these tutorials. I know there are plenty of them out there already, but nothing I've seen has been as in depth. I've got a couple of requests for the next one...but I think Tattoo design and skin blending are the most vital of the requests, so I believe that'll be the next installment.

It's for a male caw, and I think it's a case of getting more experience in drawing out a set of trunks in logo designer :) Thanks for the advice and I'll keep going, I'm getting there. ;) FWIW, it's basically a bit of a rip off of Daniel Bryan's recent new trunks that he's been wearing, pictured in part here:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2011-12-26/six-man-tag-photos

I haven't gone for exactly the same as that would be a bit boring really, so a slightly different set of actual logos. And I've gone for a dark pastel blue as oppose to the maroon of Bryan.

Now I'm just struggling with getting anywhere near a face I pick, but I'm sure I'll pick up some great tips when you do your male vids ;)

Thanks for the vids though, they are extremely useful, and I'll be sure to post some of my caws in the future. :)

EDIT: A Success!!! :D

Either or. Sadly, there are some limitations in accuracy that can occur, do to the fact that not every aspect of the face can be morphing like in some creation modes. For an original, you don't need to be 100% accurate though, so it's fine however you want it to be.

Gotta question for ya thr33x, how would I go about putting a PT logo on long tights without getting the blur?

Keep in mind, I already DO know how to do the blur trick with regular trunks.

Despite what people believe, it is possible to use paint tool logos on long tights and avoid the blur and here's how to do it...

1. Put wristbands or gloves on your CAW

2. Select a pair of wrestling tights.

3. Change the underwear to the blue thong from the divas' selection (It helps you see logo placement.)

4. Arrange the layers like this...

Wrestling Tights

Arm & Wrists

Underwear

5. Put two low-res logos if you are using a high-res logo or two high-res logos for a low-res (It's the standard part of the glitch but now it's being used on tights.)

6. Place it how you want to on the tights (like stretching it out over them)

7. Move the underwear layer above the wrestling tights (Sorry, I forgot this last step)

If you did all this, the pt design will show up on the tights and you don't need to go with using Umaga's tights with socks underneath anymore to make complete tights...(Feel free to credit me on this since not many people really know about using the glitch on tights and just use it on underwear)

Archived