11 Moments That Led To The Fall Of TNA Wrestling

TheNetworkZ

I feel like the Electrified Cage is out of place on that list. If it was going to be on there, atleast do like....a package deal with that and some other poorly recieved matches like that one with Sting and Abyss (the stipulation escapes me).

But that list is very eh. Can't really say the company fell when it's still up and running.

I feel like the Electrified Cage is out of place on that list. If it was going to be on there, atleast do like....a package deal with that and some other poorly recieved matches like that one with Sting and Abyss (the stipulation escapes me).

But that list is very eh. Can't really say the company fell when it's still up and running.

The match you're thinking of was the "Last Rites" Match, which totally sucked!

The match you're thinking of was the "Last Rites" Match, which totally sucked!

I knew it was something like that. I remember the whole arena chanting Fire Russo for that too. That was pretty bad.

I can't help but agree with most of that...

I'd also add Jeff Hardys last title run to that list. Having your World champion come down to the ring completely off his tits on drugs and put on that pathetic showing that he did against Sting was not only embarrassing for the company, but a slap in the face to the fans who paid to watch the PPV.

If TNA had any sense between them, they would have found a replacement for Hardy on that night. Completely stupid and unprofessional to send hum out in the state he was in to put on the pathetic performance that he did.

And if that's not bad enough, Hardy only just returned and is already #1 Contender to the title again.... Mega LOL

You agree with an anti-TNA article. What a shocker.

While, in hindsight, pushing Jeff Hardy through the curtain was a bad idea, you have to understand why they did it. People paid good money to order/get into the show in order to see Sting vs. Jeff Hardy, and it wouldn't have been good business to give them something else without warning, or to come out and say one of the faces of the company is drugged out of his mind. And it would have been a tight fit if they wanted to put a match on afterwards, since time was almost out on the show.

And I fail to see how Hardy being back, and being the #1 contender is a "mega LOL". He's still incredibly over, and obviously has a very short leash.

guy has no idea what hes talking about and honestly I dont think anybody cares about the opinion of "The Situation" anymore when it comes to TNA

Downgrading the X-Div was indeed a bad move, but thats about it....

the rest are all things I could care less about!

Maybe having Hogan/Bischoff/Russo all on the same team is an explosive mixture but since Russo isnt head of creative anymore it cant be that bad..

guy has no idea what hes talking about and honestly I dont think anybody cares about the opinion of "The Situation" anymore when it comes to TNA.

You just cant help it can you... lol.

If you don't care about my opinions on TNA, that's fine. I'm not too concerned about reading your opinions about my opinions. It just begs the question of... If you don't care about my opinions, why do you constantly feel the need to comment on them?

I can't help but agree with most of that...

I'd also add Jeff Hardys last title run to that list. Having your World champion come down to the ring completely off his tits on drugs and put on that pathetic showing that he did against Sting was not only embarrassing for the company, but a slap in the face to the fans who paid to watch the PPV.

If TNA had any sense between them, they would have found a replacement for Hardy on that night. Completely stupid and unprofessional to send hum out in the state he was in to put on the pathetic performance that he did.

And if that's not bad enough, Hardy only just returned and is already #1 Contender to the title again.... Mega LOL

Why are you always on your period every time you post on the TNA board?

While, in hindsight, pushing Jeff Hardy through the curtain was a bad idea, you have to understand why they did it. People paid good money to order/get into the show in order to see Sting vs. Jeff Hardy, and it wouldn't have been good business to give them something else without warning, or to come out and say one of the faces of the company is drugged out of his mind. And it would have been a tight fit if they wanted to put a match on afterwards, since time was almost out on the show.

I somewhat agree. I can't remember just how long the show ran, I think there might've been a little bit of time to play around with in regards to a new Main Event. RVD/Anderson went to a draw that night in their #1 contendership match, so the main event could've been changed to a triple threat.

But I think letting Hardy walk out in the shape he was in and not really substituting that match for something was a poor choice. I get letting him go out that way because A.) It was a reality check for him and his fans and B.) It was the main event of a PPV, to last minute change it would've pissed people off. But the mistake they made was not giving something else in return. Anderson & Van Dam were pretty beat up in their matches, had it been a triple threat, a fresh Sting could've beaten them and then that'd lead to a rematch where Sting could say "He wanted them at their best" so he offered both a rematch.

It's a situation I really wish was done better.

I agree with the whole face/heel turns too much thing. I go two weeks without watching TNA sometimes and all of a sudden Anderson is face, then main event heel World champion, then a month later he's hardly even mentioned on the show.

TNA needs to make their product more interesting... nothing about the company gets me excited, I'll watch a PPV and just minimize the screen because TNA doesn't establish any of their wrestlers and make them interesting enough to actually get into their match.

Kind of like the Divas Division.

I think some of the Hirings/Firings that TNA have done in the last 2 years have contributed to the 'fall' of TNA, Hiring Matt Hardy was a huge fail in my eyes, they got nothing out of that, losing guys like Black Machismo and Homicide i feel made a HUGE hole in the A Division, Pushing Brian Kendrick is stupid in my eyes, having Abyss as X Division Champion was a bad move also i feel. Competing against WWE wasnt wise for the Morale of the show, the show went quite flat after they stopped trying to compete with WWE.

Technically, doesn't the company have to be bankrupt before we can talk about what lead to the fall of TNA Wrestling? At least the 10 reasons of the fall of WCW happened after it was bought by WWE.

Sure, there have been many bad moves by TNA, and I agree with a few things on the list (like the constant flip-flopping of heel/face turns and the lack of PPV hype). But there have quite a good things with the company as well.

Like I said, you can't have a "fall of TNA" if it's still going. If anything, it's currently on a rollercoaster ride.

Archived