The Last of Us Series

FulGore

I'm hoping they I get this a day before official release seeing as I pre-ordered online with GAME. If not then hopefully either on day of release or the day after. Hate waiting ages for something.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Microsoft over-all have had the better console and games this generation. Microsoft have slacked off though and the worse sign is, is that they don't know what there audience want for the next generation of console either. But Microsoft did win this generation. M3:16's post just seem like a typical fanboy's one.

On topic. This game looks amazing. From what I've read it's the best PS3 exclusive yet. If it was up to me I'd say it was Uncharted 2 but I obviously haven't played this game yet.

Microsoft over-all have had the better console and games this generation.

On topic. This game looks amazing.

Name those better games on 360.

Pretty much every multi-platform game 360's version have been better. I'd say exclusives have been pretty much split. Maybe Xbox's have edged that though too.

Well the exclusive thing was an unfair statement mainly due to me getting an xbox for its exclusives after I owned my PS3. But it just seems like Playstations exclusives didn't appeal to me apart from Uncharted and God of War. Gran Turismo and Killzone were inferior to Forza and Halo. I also really enjoyed Left 4 Dead.

Sony were playing catch up with the exclusives at first though as well from what I remember. There was pretty much no reason to have a PS3 in it's first year. There really wasn't any exclusives I remember playing.

Xbox have stronger exclusives in my opinion. The effect Gears of War, Halo, Left 4 Dead and Forza Motorsport had on gamers (and the Xbox fanbase) were more effective than Killzone, God of War, Heavy Rain and Uncharted.

That's just my opinion, though, but I believe that one of those PS3 franchises would be the only reason I purchase a PlayStation 3 and that is the Uncharted saga. All of the Xbox exclusives are equally brilliant, however.

I get that Gears and Halo are big deals in the gaming world and the vast majority of xbox gamers probably adore them and bought the console for those.

I don't really think of Left 4 Dead as anything amazing these days. It seemed to have some oomph behind it years ago but that was mainly the pc crowd.

Forza doesn't really hold up to Gran Turismo yet.... I think GT5 is like 10 million sold and the last forza was only about half that.

Killzone while rated highly isn't that great. It's fun but... it's not for everyone. Heavy Rain is another that's... its unique and worth a play but it's not really a system seller.

There are still other games though like God of War Uncharted, yakuza, little big planet, metal gear, mlb the show, journey... last of us and beyond two souls.

You look through the metacritic sites and there are loads of highly rated exclusives on ps3 but on 360 not so many other than a lot of halos gears and Forzas.

In your opinion Forza is better.

Personally I can't stand Gran Turismo. I find the handling really dry... like a block of concrete sliding around on ice. It's just repulsive.

But the point raised was the effect it has on gamers. GT just has that 'sells a ton' factor that Forza doesn't have (yet). Like I enjoyed Killzone 3 more than Halo 3 but I recognise that it isn't really a game that sets the world on fire and people are desperate to play.

Same sort of thing with Battlefield 3 and COD. I prefer BF3, but the majority prefer COD and go insane over it.

I just don't see many xbox exclusive that are system sellers outside of Halo and Gears. And the opinion/excitement on those games seems to be declining with each new release.

PS3 seems to have a lot of exclusives that sell a good few million or better. Gran turismo, God of war, Uncharted, Little big planet, Metal Gear 4,

Last of us will probably be a big seller

Every gamer/car enthusiast i've ever talked too they always said Gran Turismo is more of a sim, while Forza is arcade. Gran Turismo is exactly what it's supposed to be, Forza on the other hand is a trying to be a sim but, comes off as an arcade game.

I'm not bending words. I'm using sales figures and metacritic as references. I only used sales figures for Gran Turismo as the point was about what games sell systems, what games have a big effect on gamers. You yourself discredited metacritic so its up to you what you want to go with, scores or sales.

I just used Metacritic as a reference for the other games out there that don't sell loads but are highly rated experiences. There are lots on the ps3 side but not so many on the 360. Halo, Gears, Forza.

Sales wise, again, quite a few varied games on ps3, on xbox is mainly just a list of halo and gears games that are big sellers and exclusives. Forxa sells very respectively too. I'm not discrediting it. It's just again, the point was about what games make people buy them. what games are big sellers.

If we are going off sale figures we might as well leave it as Wii was the best console of this gen.

Also it's annoying me that we've steered so off topic in a potential GOTY. If you'd like to discuss further PM me.

It's shocking at just how many copies they've shifted for their top games. I'm not going to include Wii Sports though. I think it's ridiculous to count games bundled with the console.

I still need to watch the Rev3 games review. I heard that Sessler called it something like one of the greatest games he's ever played. Only thing is, I didn't share his opinion on Bioshock Infinite (he loved it, I didn't really fall for it as much) but I do respect his opinions and he usually raises great points.

I think most games play better on Xbox too. I mentioned before in another thread about the RAM archetecture and that is why games like Skyrim, and Assassin's Creed are more fluid on 360.

In general I like Xbox's exclusives more too. I prefer Forza over Gran Turismo, but that one is a toss up.

I could care less for Killzone. I like Halo and Gears a whole ton more and most people agree.

Uncharted looks really cool though. Exclusives are kind of split like others have said, it all comes down to personal preference.

I'm a little upset that I'm going to miss out on The Last of Us though. It's a zombie survival game set in my hometown, and it features difficult moral dilemas for the player. This game is really up my ally. I've heard that the most reviewers are saying it has clunky shooting mechanics... but that aside I'm sure I would still really enjoy this game.as a whole. But I have no plans to buy a PS3 anytime soon. Not with the new consoles coming out soon. I'll likely end up becoming the Last of Us to play the Last of Us... because I'll probably pick up a used PS3 at one of those exchange second hand stores for like $100 a few years down the road.

Did some of you guys get the ending spoiled? Stupid idiots were spoiling the ending on a live stream that I was watching (totally unrelated to TLOU) and I got spoiled. D:

It almost got spoiled for me during a DSP stream in the chat.

Archived