The Last of Us Series

FulGore

Well, not exactly from the makers of Uncharted 3. Naughty Dog has created a 2nd studio, among them, Enslaved's lead designer Mark Richard Davies. The director for Uncharted 2 is also working on it though, which is good.

Not that big on post-apocalyptic/zombie stuff and I thought Enslaved was poorly designed, so I don't think I'll get this game. It certainly looks beautiful though, and with the support from the Uncharted team, I think it will be a great game.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some Last of Us and Uncharted 3 comparisons.

The Last of Us

VfcPf.jpg

Uncharted 3

D149b.jpg

The Last of Us

eIjiL.jpg

Uncharted 3

Ske8e.jpg

The Last of Us

6zEsU.jpg

Uncharted 3

zYMtX.jpg

I didn't think Naughty Dog could make a game on PS3 that looks better than Uncharted 3, They sure did prove me wrong. :nod:

Naughty Dog’s co-president Evan Wells said in a press release:

We are excited to finally unveil The Last of Us, a project the team has been working hard on for some time. Naughty Dog’s mission is to change the way people experience videogames. We are confident The Last of Us will take a leap forward in cinematic gaming and storytelling, providing gamers with an experience unlike anything else in the industry.

Also

Sony confirmed that The Last of Us has some of the industry’s ‘most talented game designers’ which includes Bruce Straley, game director, as well as Neil Druckmann, creative director; lead game designer & game director of Uncharted 2, respectively.

Am I the only one who's thoroughly unimpressed seeing yet another survival/zombie/apocalypse game?

It's war-shooters all over again.

Yes and no. Open world survival horror has reached a similar point that war shooters did with everyone trying to bring one out and join the bandwagon, and generally there havent been that many good ones for a while, the Fallout series are seems to be able to crack it but the problem with all of the open world survival games is that even though they give you these open world playgrounds, its like giving a kid a playground in view of a hundred paedophiles, its just not that pleasant of an experience to be there. And generally because they are open world and more flexible you end up not enjoying the story as much because its broken up with so many other bits.

But back to the point, the reason why I dont see this in the same way I see those games is because I doubt Naughty Dog are going to let those kinds of things happen. Its likely going to be a linear story so your not being forced to explore some wasteland, and that will allow a better story which gets people emotionally invested in the characters. I dont know about anyone else but to me that sounds like it could be a really great game.

Naughty Dog released Two avatars, a static wallpaper as well as the trailer for the Last of Us on the Playstation Store.

I am going to have to check them out then the next time I am on my PS3. I could definitely do with a new PS3 wallpaper although I am considering getting a Christmas Dynamic theme one for the next few weeks.

Im not a fan of these types of enemies to be brutally honest, I think they look stupid and with these graphics ND have shown they can pull humans off, i'd rather a full human on human survival type deal, hell I wouldn't of minded zombies as the trailer reminded me so much of the walking dead

I thought this was I am alive at first but they just renamed it

Also I didn't think she looked like ellen page at first but actually looking shes a twin for sure, maybe they already commited to getting her wanted but couldn't

• 2 weeks later...

Naughty Dog commented on the character design of Ellie.

In early December, Naughty Dog shocked the video game world when they unveiled a brand new title at Spike’s ‘Video Game Awards’ with the world premiere of The Last of Us, a new PS3 exclusive coming in 2012 – find several screenshots of The Last of Us here. Many questions still remain about the game’s story, focus, and characters, but information has slowly come out & today new details on one of the game’s lead characters, Ellie, has been shared.

Naughty Dog’s Eric Monacelli comments on Ellie’s design and whether Ellen Page was a source of influence behind her look. When asked if Ellie is based off of Ellen Page, Monacelli replied with:

“Ellie is a sum design of many different references.”
There are a lot of similarities between Ellie and Ellen, besides the freckles and scar Ellie has. I can't make note of any other Actress they may have used as a reference.

• 4 months later...

Man, Page could sue..

It looks exactly like her.

Wow, I didn't think it looked that much like her in the trailer but it's pretty much identical here. I thought she sounded a bit like her too.

Anyway, this looks pretty interesting, I'll have to keep my eye on it. Does anyone actually know what type of game it is? From what I've seen, it could be anything from a survival horror to a action-platformer(like Uncharted).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived