The Last of Us Series

FulGore

On 5/7/2020 at 5:28 AM, Mr.Dreadful said:

its becoming rampant with games company's ignoring the fair use act and copyright striking youtubers . whether its someone doing a reaction video or a review  video on a game. they even copyright strike youtubers that have negative reviews. not in a trolling sense, but a bad review as in "hey i went in to this game with high hopes and was completely disappointed" and they give constructive criticism than BAM! copyright strike., just because they dont give positive reviews. this shit happens with movies to.

Yeah, pretty disturbing to see developers act in such a manner.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've washed my hands of this "what was supposed to be" a franchise. I will never speak of this thing again. The gameplay is exactly the same as the first that came out over 7 years ago, which isn't a problem since the original was awesome. The shit ass writing is the problem. Now an IGN karen is calling everyone virgins for not liking the game. Naughty Doggystyle clearly paid IGN to give good early reviews. It's IGN, is anyone surprised by this? Btw the IGN karen I'm talking about is Lucy o'Brien.

I'm looking forward to Crash 4, thank GOD Naughty Doggystyle no longer owns him. I will enjoy all of the memes as ND and this game gets destroyed.

Just completed this the other day and I'm so incredibly torn on how I feel about it. Almost unbearably bleak at times but there's no denying how much work went into this. I'm gonna need more time to process it thoroughly and will likely revisit it at some point... but that's gonna be no time soon. 

I watched Jacksepticye play through this game. It's visually one of the best looking games I've seen in terms of environment, lighting design, etc. As far as gameplay goes the stealth looks phenomenal but I'm gonna have to see how I feel about how the story played out.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I guess congrats to TLOU2 for Game of the Year. It was fun, but I do have issues with it like most people. Maybe ill like it more when I play it on PS5 with Haptic Feedback lol. This was my bestfriend's pick for GOTY, I just loved TLOU original so damn much that the issues in 2 just ruined 2 for me. I don't think anything will ruin the orginal for me 

• 3 weeks later...

People like that are why the gaming community gets such a bad reputation. I finished the game the other day and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience....well I say "enjoy" but I was very disturbed and somewhat ashamed. Sometimes there's nothing more disturbing than a mirror.

It shows that the trans storyline was a late addition, and it would have made more sense to have that role go to Abby since she has the more masculine body type and who's to say her surgeon father wouldn't have helped her along that path? But it's good to see game designers incorporating other bodies for women.

I prefer the first game because this game did drag a bit too long and the afore mentioned issues I said. But Part 2 achieved what it set out to do, I.e. make you feel terrible and big kudos to Naughty Dog for that.

Apparently, I've been gone so long that I never weighed my opinions on this one. 

Loved this game. Loved the first one. 

People will always be entitled to their opinions about video games, movies, books...whatever. I just wish the negative reactions didn't always steal the spotlight and drown out the positive. It feels like (more so now than in previous years), more and more people go into an experience expecting it to be tailored specifically to them...and then they get angry when it isn't. Which is not something that makes a "bad" piece of media, art, writing, etc. "I don't like this" is not the same as "It is bad". Because, objectively speaking, LoU2 is simply not a "bad" game. It accomplishes everything that it sets out to accomplish. And it actually accomplishes a lot of what many other games have failed at. Most notably, the range of human emotions that are portrayed in the game are on a scale that we've never witnessed in a video game before, IMO. The subtle nuances of the human spirit are on display more effectively than ever before. The game looks great visually, tells a great story (even if it makes you angry), and the gameplay does what the gameplay needs to do. It's fine to say "I don't like this" or "this isn't for me"...but, I continue to struggle with this nonstop barrage of toxic opinions that people seem to have about everything these days. It didn't used to be like this. You can't convince me that it ever did. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really want to bump this...but, I just learned that "rat kings" are indeed real. Which feels worthy of sharing, IMO...because...WTF. So...yeah, apparently rats cohabitate in such massive numbers and in such disgusting conditions, that their tails can become tied together...and they literally scramble around like that...tied together until they die. Learning that this is a real thing that happens just makes the LoU2 boss that much worse. Lol.

• 5 weeks later...

I liked that character in GoT...but I'm really not sure about the casting for Ellie. 

I'm sure it will be fine...it's probably one of those cases where they'll release some on-set photos, and I'll say "oh, yeah...that totally works". 

I just hope her American accent is good. Because, Ellie is basically the epitome of an American tomboy. 

*** They just announced Pedro Pascal as Joel ***

I do kinda worry about the logistics of him working full time on two huge shows. Probably means that the time between seasons for both Mandalorian and Last of Us will end up being pretty long.

Archived