The Last of Us Series

FulGore

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just told my friend this theory so I'd thought I'd share, Spoilers from the first game

OK WHAT IF, the reason Joel is absent in the previous trailers, up until the end of the new one, is because Ellie wanted him gone because she found out about what really happened at the end of the last game. I'm still confused about the trailer from E3 last year, with that guy telling Ellie about "Her old Man" that may be Tommy because he is looking after her because she didnt want anything to do with Joel. Maybe that's why she said "What the hell are you doing here" she didnt seem excited to see him. Idk it my theory, either that, or Joel is dead

Spoiler from the trailer if people are avoiding it. But just an odd talking point...

Why are people freaking out about Joel being in the trailer like this is the first time he's been seen since the first game? He was in the original reveal trailer years ago.

But

I believe the reason is that We never saw his face, just his image and voice. It seemed like he was dead and just Ellie's imagination, to me anyway

Spoilers not really needed for speculation. (Spoilers for a trailer? C'mon now...)

Yea...people assumed that Joel was dead in the original trailer, because it was kind of a vague appearance. I guess people are more convinced now that he's actually in the game as a character, and they're excited about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived