The Last of Us Series

FulGore

Also, I was wondering how combat works while I was watching that...because there seem to be some pretty context-specific animations...almost looking like QTE's without the actual prompts. Like when the guy swings at Ellie with the hammer and she ducks, and he smashes the shelf instead, or when Ellie gets thrown through the glass divider...just a lot of things like that, which seemed almost "too animated" (if that makes sense). If you have full control during all of that stuff, then I'm truly impressed by the level of detail they put into the combat.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was an okay trailer...but it leaves a lot more questions than it answers. Joel is the least of my concerns, tbh...I want to know why there isn't a single infected in the trailer. Will that even be a part of the game this time around? Or are we going with the concept that the infection is gone and people are the remaining threat?

In the Paris trailer they showed infected (very end of the video) so they are definitely in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdkmWigbq9Y

I don't own a PS4, but I would like to see a story in the next game of Joel before he met Ellie. Maybe after he escaped from the first part of the first game and things.

I don't own a PS4, but I would like to see a story in the next game of Joel before he met Ellie. Maybe after he escaped from the first part of the first game and things.

Yeah be like Left Behind, shows the 20 years we didn't see. Have it be him and Tess.

I'm not the biggest fan of prequels because I usually believe the interesting parts of a characterer were chosen for the plot. I kinda think that's why Left Behind was so short.

Either way, if Naughty Dog had a interesting prequel for Joel i'd be game. I just wouldn't want it to be overlong for that 20 year life span.

People are complaining about the new trailer saying it is too violent & hard to watch. Yes, there is violence but I don't see anything too bad in it.

Guess those people are bitching because it's a group of men against a small girl? Meh...it's a story. It's the apocalypse. It's a fictional game. And the theme of that game happens to be that the small girl is capable of defending herself.

It was an okay trailer...but it leaves a lot more questions than it answers. Joel is the least of my concerns, tbh...I want to know why there isn't a single infected in the trailer. Will that even be a part of the game this time around? Or are we going with the concept that the infection is gone and people are the remaining threat?

I hope so, would be nice to play a survival / post Apocalypse game that didn't have zombies or mutants in it. I didn't play the first one because that doesn't interest me - even though the game itself looked fun to play.

I wonder if they will ever do a Last of Us Part 2 Live like they did with the first lol. It was actually really enjoying seeing the real voice actors acting out the best scenes from the game. Did anyone see the comment left by the director(or creator) of Shadow of the Tomb Raider? Calling the gameplay "Fake"

I did not, but wat? How is it fake? Are buyers gonna open the case on release date to see a piece of paper where the disc should be that reads "HAHA! FOOLED YOU"?

The gameplay looked questionable. I said it myself.

If it was 100% real, then there was some really interesting stuff happening there. Stuff that I'm really not sure how you would actually be able to integrate into cohesive gameplay. I compared it to QTE gameplay without button prompts...basically looked like God of War tier cinematic sequences without any sort of input...which isn't possible, IMO. Best case scenario would be that they hid the prompts for the showcase...which might keep the gameplay from being "fake"...but would certainly be an act of deception to make it look more fluid than it ever possibly could be.

• 1 year later...

Archived