The Last of Us Series

FulGore

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would, but I don't own the PS4 Camera at this time and plus since this is my very 1st playthrough of this game I'd like to experience it like I'm watching a movie. I'm playing on Normal (scrub) difficulty, I don't want to talk during any of the cutscenes or gameplay so it would be a pretty boring stream. Maybe I'll consider streaming a playthrough when I do get the Camera. So far I'm enjoying the hell out of the game, the 1st 10 minutes of the story alone blew me away and already has me hooked.

Love the game, got it monday.

My biggest complaint though is how you die, if you run out of ammo or you shoot not very close to what you intended too it ends up in instant death, I have died so many times where I've gone to shoot something, miss and then just die.

No, that's only with clickers. Clickers cannot see you if you don't move or make noise. But they kill you with one hit if they grab you. It's part of the strategy of the game. There are different classes of enemies. You need to pay attention to what type of enemy you're fighting. If you're fighting runners (the other type of infected, you can brawl with them and take a few attacks from them). You can also perform upgrades to your character that will let you fend off clickers better (ie: gaining the ability to automatically use a shiv if one grabs you).

That said, the game is very trial-and-error. If you're dying quickly, try doing something else...because it suggests that you're not playing the level efficiently enough. Use your eyes and your ears...and your supplies, and your environment. Also, you shouldn't be shooting much at all. Stealth is a big factor in Last of Us. Utilize your other supplies.

Love the game, got it monday.

My biggest complaint though is how you die, if you run out of ammo or you shoot not very close to what you intended too it ends up in instant death, I have died so many times where I've gone to shoot something, miss and then just die.

That's the point of the game lol, you got a ps3?!

Actually thought The Last Of Us was a easy pace game the only times i had trouble in was.

The part when Elle got the sniper rifle and the Elle chapter where you had to sneak through the snow storm, that i had to do a few times.

Besides that i went through the game pretty good.

What was the most emotionally powerful moment for you guys?

For me, it was when Ellie stole Tommy's horse and rode off. Joel eventually finds her in the house and they have that massive argument. Ellie bares all her feelings to Joel and the cold bastard shrugs her off. That was the moment though that wakes Joel up.

"Everyone I've ever cared about has either died or left me, Everyone, *censored*ing except for you! So dont tell me that I'd be safer with someone else because the truth is, I would just be more scared." - Ellie

The waterworks opened.

What was the most emotionally powerful moment for you guys?

For me, it was when Ellie stole Tommy's horse and rode off. Joel eventually finds her in the house and they have that massive argument. Ellie bares all her feelings to Joel and the cold bastard shrugs her off. That was the moment though that wakes Joel up.

"Everyone I've ever cared about has either died or left me, Everyone, *censored*ing except for you! So dont tell me that I'd be safer with someone else because the truth is, I would just be more scared." - Ellie

The waterworks opened.

Yeah that was a great moment. Played through that bit again a few days ago.

Mine would be after Joel gets stabbed and is dying in that store. It's not just one moment, but that fact that a 14 year old girl with little to no survival skills is trying her upmost hardest to look after this stranger that has hauled her across country all because of their bond. Its powerful when you really think about it.

@Crack. By it now dude, you will not regret it one bit.

The giraffe scene was emotional, just because it came out of nowhere and completely floored me. I did notice the "Zoo" posters in the beginning of the level, which featured giraffes...but I didn't expect the beauty of that moment. Seeing the animals walking around was truly awesome...and the whole scene was directed perfectly. Ellie chasing them around as they ate vines from the buildings, etc.

The giraffe scene was emotional, just because it came out of nowhere and completely floored me. I did notice the "Zoo" posters in the beginning of the level, which featured giraffes...but I didn't expect the beauty of that moment. Seeing the animals walking around was truly awesome...and the whole scene was directed perfectly. Ellie chasing them around as they ate vines from the buildings, etc.

Agreed with this, it showed so much in a small scene. It showed even though Ellie is strong, she's still young. AND it showed there is still beauty in the most tragic of times. /mushyshit

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did some work for Sony this weekend and got The remastered version in a goodie-bag. I'd been wanting to play it again. Found it incredibly mediocre the first time around - most overhyped game since Skyrim, I felt. Is the ps4 version really that much better?

Did some work for Sony this weekend and got The remastered version in a goodie-bag. I'd been wanting to play it again. Found it incredibly mediocre the first time around - most overhyped game since Skyrim, I felt. Is the ps4 version really that much better?

Same game man, just a big upgrade in the visual department. If you didnt like it the first time you played it, cant see you enjoying the PS4 version.

But...how could you think it's overhyped? To be perfectly honest, I don't remember even seeing or hearing much about it. I knew that it looked like a game I wanted to play and then I kinda forgot about it until I saw it for a good price and bought it long after it had been released. I think it's an underrated game in a lot of ways. Like...I don't think many people would even be familiar with it if I asked around. The people who have played it mostly all think it's amazing, but in my experience, the people who haven't played it don't even know about it.

Archived