The Last of Us Series

FulGore

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were on there way back there I think

before the credits rolled, remember they travelled like across the whole *censored*ing country by foot apart from the Horse they got at Tommy's then the car Bill got for them haha. Even though I've played through the game so many times I can't remember, I think it was Tommy's though. I know for sure that's where they said they'd be heading back. Pretty much only safe place for them to go... For the time being that is. Fireflies will come back I think for her.

Also...

I thought they were returning to the place his brother was at. But, that village in the end wasn't the same place, right? That was just some random village in the mountains. Or was it the same place?

That was Tommy's place

Ellie knew Joel was lying. She woke up in a hospital gown in the car. She wanted him to tell her truth at the end but he didn't and you could see the hurt in her eyes. She would've stayed with him regardless. The fact that he lied made the situation worse.

I don't blame Joel for his actions in the hospital at the end. Ellie had become a Daughter to him. They spent a whole year living side by side the whole time saving each other's lives on numerous occasions. How could Joel just let her die? It wasn't even a certainty that they'd find a cure. There was a slim chance at best. Me speaking personally, I would've killed every mother *censored*er in that building if it was my daughter on that operating table. Mankind could go to hell.

But yeah, he should've told her the truth at the end. She would've been pissed off but she'd have accepted it. The one thing she won't forget is that he betrayed her trust.

If you found the surgeon's tape recorder where he's talking about Ellie's immunity, he says "We must find a way to replicate this state under laboratory conditions". There is only a slim chance because they have found one person that is immune to the infection. There is no certainty whatsoever. Neil and Bruce, the guys that wrote the story confirmed this on an IGN podcast. Both saying they think Joel made the right choice at the end.

Yeah I remember the tape recorder but didn't think it was substantial that it was saying she wasn't the cure. If the creators actually said Joel may have made the right decision fair enough. I do feel then saying it is a cop out though to defend Joels actions to make him still look like the good guy in it all.

Yeah...I think there must be another way to formulate a cure. Taking Ellie's brain was just the most convenient way for the Fireflies, and they didn't feel like waiting to explore other options. That's my opinion. It's like...if you're starving and a deer walks right into your back yard, you don't let the deer go and hope for a moose to come along.

I agree that Joel isn't the good guy in this story. When Ellie asked him about bandit attacks, Joel said he'd been on both sides. He reminded Tommy that he helped him survive but Tommy said it wasn't worth it after doing the things they did. So at some point, Joel was a real evil human being. When we join him though, I'd say he's just a broken down man with no purpose in life. I wouldn't say he's a good guy or a bad guy at that point. Just a survivor.

What did you guys make of relationship between Joel and Tess? Do you think they .....you know, or do you think it was just business?

I agree that Joel isn't the good guy in this story. When Ellie asked him about bandit attacks, Joel said he'd been on both sides. He reminded Tommy that he helped him survive but Tommy said it wasn't worth it after doing the things they did. So at some point, Joel was a real evil human being. When we join him though, I'd say he's just a broken down man with no purpose in life. I wouldn't say he's a good guy or a bad guy at that point. Just a survivor.

What did you guys make of relationship between Joel and Tess? Do you think they .....you know, or do you think it was just business?

Joel and Tess are/were a couple, I think. The first time we see them together just oozes the "morning after massive argument" type atmospere.

Yeah there was definitely something between Joel and Tess. There's a few lines in there that pretty much confirm it, e.g. "You always blow me out" "Well, maybe I won't this time". In the world they live in you take what you can get but I doubt it got beyond physical, Joel doesn't project the whole love thing about Tess. Friends with benefits i think

Clickers have to be the most annoying in game enemy so far that i faced in my gaming career.

Another thing that bugged me in the game.

Is during the Pittsburgh chapter when the hunters killed that woman my thing was why a shotgun slug save ammo use a pistol save the slugs for the clickers. but on a serious note that part got to me when i first played the game.

Clickers aren't so bad. It's harder when there's a group of clickers and runners and bloaters. When it's just clickers...it's pretty damn easy. It's when you can't move, or use your light, or make noise that things get hard. Also, the whole "no melee" thing makes clickers hard in the beginning, but once you get the "shiv master" perk, it gets better.

Clickers are fun because with the other enemies, sans bloaters, you can fight your way through if left with no other choice. You can't do that with the clickers and it forces you to think of alternative ways to get by them. I kinda wish the game used that to its advantage more, actually.

All enemies are tough on survivor.

And to the person who said is the game worth buying again on PS4. Well I say absolutely because I enjoyed playing through it a 4th time a lot more enjoyable than Infamous and Infamous ain't even a bad game. Just not a great one like Last of Us.

All enemies are tough on survivor.

And to the person who said is the game worth buying again on PS4. Well I say absolutely because I enjoyed playing through it a 4th time a lot more enjoyable than Infamous and Infamous ain't even a bad game. Just not a great one like Last of Us.

Ok thanks. I'll get it next month

Archived