The Last of Us Series

FulGore

Another place this game succeeds where other games fail, is that the enemies remain scary as shit all the way through. You know...sometimes you start playing a zombie game and you're scared shitless in the beginning...but, towards the middle, killing the enemies becomes routine. Walking into a building full of runners and clickers in 'The Last of Us' is intimidating every single time.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scariest part of anything so far, for me was...

The part in the hotel when the elevator falls and you're trapped in the flooded basement. When I started that generator...bricks were shat. Not one or two...a whole wheelbarrow load.

No thanks. NEVER again... :lol:

I hate that bit so much.

You think you're home free then out pops that *censored*ing bloater. I just booked it out of there. The sound made it even worse.

The part in the hotel when the elevator falls and you're trapped in the flooded basement. When I started that generator...bricks were shat. Not one or two...a whole wheelbarrow load.

I hate that bit so much.

You think you're home free then out pops that *censored*ing bloater. I just booked it out of there. The sound made it even worse.

Oh man that bit scared the crap out of me! My strategy was grab the card first, find the door, work out the best route to the door from the generator to open it, power it up and just run, ignore the infected and leg it. I had it on harder difficulties and I didn't know there was a bloater round that corner, wasn't there on easy. Had to make sure I threw a molotov before the corner to slow it down the second time.

And if you're worried about multiple playthroughs, don't. I've played it about 4 times beginning to end and not only did I increase difficulty each time but the emotional heights are still just as powerful, it's literally like watching a film on DVD. You don't play The Last of Us to mindlessly gun down infected, you play it for the characters and story, that's the most important thing.

Oh man that bit scared the crap out of me! My strategy was grab the card first, find the door, work out the best route to the door from the generator to open it, power it up and just run, ignore the infected and leg it. I had it on harder difficulties and I didn't know there was a bloater round that corner, wasn't there on easy. Had to make sure I threw a molotov before the corner to slow it down the second time.

I did the same thing. I only took two attempts to get it right (the initial one where infected came out of everywhere and I was overwhelmed and quickly killed), and the second one where I found the card and planned out the route so I could run.

Its even worse on hard mode. If you aren't lucky or packing enough ammo to murder an army, you'll get deeeestroyed.

Purchased this for $60 for the PS4. Pretty excited tbh, going to play through it again hopefully. Going to also have Destiny with me when I get my white PS4 next week. And maybe might purcahse Second Son and Killzone. Going to be pretty stacked with games and amazement.

Not playing this shit on harder difficulties. *Censored* that. I play games to enjoy them. I've already enjoyed Last of Us thoroughly and therefore, do not need to subject myself to the frustration that harder difficulties will bring.

There's definitely a frustration issue on higher difficulty, but it also makes you feel more... i guess desperate is a good word. fights feel more climactic as you desperately use your last ammo to try and hold off the zombies, and then with no other options you throw yourself fists first in to them in the hopes you can beat the last of em to death before they kill you, surviving on the skin of your teeth.

It doesn't go to far, but it goes far enough, I guess is what you could say.

I would just die...a lot. I already had a few moments like that on normal difficulty. Like...

In the museum. When you first get reunited with Ellie and you have to save her from the attackers. I think there were like 8 or 9 dudes

...and I was panicking from the sheer volume of them, so I just swung on everything. :lol:

The basement generator bit was one of the spookiest parts of the game, I felt as well. Though after like the first try, you realize all you really need to do is get the key card, and just hightail it out of there.

I was thinking about getting a PS4 just for this, but decided against it, knowing I played through it about three times on all difficulties and because of that, I doubted it would have much to offer for a second purchase.

The giraffe scene is one of the coolest things ever. Damn LoU, giving me the feels.

Anyway, I just had to stop playing because I got a glitch, which I hope isn't game-breaking. Headed through the tunnel on the way to the hospital and cleared out all of the *censored*ing enemies, which was extremely stressful. Noticed that Ellie wasn't anywhere to be seen, but I kept going...because what else could I do, right? I get to a place to boost Ellie up and she's not there, but the option to boost her still is. I do it, and Joel does the animation, but there's just...no Ellie. Then I'm left standing there with nothing happening. Can't walk away, etc. So I turned the game off. I hope to hell that the game saved after I killed all the enemies, so I don't have to do it again, and I hope Ellie magically returns the next time I play, because I don't know where the hell she went.

Just finished up. The ending was alright, but not as good as I thought it would be. Carrying Ellie through the hospital was a good way to cut back to the beginning of the game when Joel was carrying Sarah. Also, what is the alternate ending? Is there an alternate ending? Such a great game though. I actually sat and watched the entire credits. Was half expecting something else to happen afterwards, but I wanted to watch the credits anyway. Great music. Also, those people deserve a big round of applause.

Also, I thought the end was pretty easy. I guess I was just expecting more resistance. I only played on normal, so I guess I just got a jump on the difficulty and it was too easy by the end. There were normal parts of the game that seemed harder than the end though.

I personally loved the ending because how it wasn't Hollywood or cliche. Was surprised they made Joel a blood thirsty killer to save Ellie from saving mankind. He lies to her and they basically get on with life, I felt bad for Ellie as she's one of the most likeable characters in game and she deserved a ending for going through all that shit. Joel however is still one of my favourite characters and him killing everyone was bad ass IMO.

Gen, you should definitely try Survivor or Grounded. Surviver is hard as nails but grounded is near impossible.

I want there to be a Last of Us 2 for sure. It was too much heartache for me to

not know if Ellie finds out Joel lies

plus the gameplay was fantastic and I hope they go back to it in a couple of years so we get some more of that fantastic multiplayer I've put a shit load of hours into. Naughty Dog have been amazing with writing plots and I'm sure they'll give us something great/amazing for The Last of Us 2 if it happens.

Archived