I was playing WWE 12 and my PS3 shut itself off

PyroTechnyks

Possibly, it may not do it again for dsys, weeks, maybe even months but it happened to me a few weeks ago when I was playing Uncharted 3 so it is definitely something to keep your eye on. Do you have any other signs of a YLOD on the way such as the fans being louder than usual?

No flashing lights, and it was able to restore. I've had it on for a while today, maybe I should turn it off for tonight.

Possibly, it may not do it again for dsys, weeks, maybe even months but it happened to me a few weeks ago when I was playing Uncharted 3 so it is definitely something to keep your eye on. Do you have any other signs of a YLOD on the way such as the fans being louder than usual?

No flashing lights, and it was able to restore. I've had it on for a while today, maybe I should turn it off for tonight.

I'd do that. It probably just overheated. The longest I have my game on for is like, 5-6 hours and then I don't play it anymore until the following day. Gives my PS3 plenty of time to rest. Just try not to push your PS3 to it's limits, I've done it before. Whenever I reached that limit, everything freezes and stops working.. so, then it becomes essentially worthless to continue playing until I'm able to without it lagging.

I'd do that. It probably just overheated. The longest I have my game on for is like, 5-6 hours and then I don't play it anymore until the following day. Gives my PS3 plenty of time to rest. Just try not to push your PS3 to it's limits, I've done it before. Whenever I reached that limit, everything freezes and stops working.. so, then it becomes essentially worthless to continue playing until I'm able to without it lagging.

Well then, I had it on for 14 hours non-stop. I got up and must've forgot about it - whoops. No more of that from now on.

If your Ps3 is only 2 weeks old and you bought it at gamestop. GET YOUR REFUND! They sold me a broken PS3 off a brand new box. You have a 1 year warranty. The least you can do is take back to the store or call Sony customer service. Don't waste your time wondering. Just jump on it before you come out of more money out of your pocket.

Hasnt happened to me yet, but it probably will soon...

Something similar happened to my copy a few days ago, I was exiting CAW mode, and it froze. So I turned off my system and turned it back on then the damn thing said it had no disc in it, so WWE 12 was stuck in there. I had to take the PS3 apart just to get the disc out of it. When I put it back in, it was fine.

• 3 years later...

I was playing part of Triple H's RTWM and my PS3 powered down as if it were unplugged. It's only like 2 weeks old, if that. It's a Slim model too. Should I be worried about YLOD? - I certainly hope not.

It's not your system I can play any game for hours but when it comes to this one it continues to shut off game is a piece of shit anyway

• 4 weeks later...

I was playing part of Triple H's RTWM and my PS3 powered down as if it were unplugged. It's only like 2 weeks old, if that. It's a Slim model too. Should I be worried about YLOD? - I certainly hope not.

It's not your system I can play any game for hours but when it comes to this one it continues to shut off game is a piece of shit anyway

3 years too late

Archived