WWE Backstage Assault 2012!!

Stephen Sharp

Get attacked every time you leave your locker room!

End every show laid out on the concrete!!

In a cage match? An elimination chamber? A ladder match? Just wear down your opponent, and hit Y to lose, and you will run backstage to eat floatover DDTs from 2, 3, or 4 superstars bent on giving you brain damage!! Beat them all, and you may be allowed to win that match, or they may just knock you out after in the cut scene, so you can do it again next week!!

Anyway, I appreciate the new attempt at roaming backstage areas to brawl in, but that HHH RTWM was overkill... give us the pins back next year, and just let us use it for hardcore matches!!

Honestly, there was no other way to design the thing in order to progress the story. I'll admit, the odds were usually stacked, which is why I played it on easy. If they designed it to where you just played regular matches all the time, it would have gotten stale. Now, by the time it got to the hero story, yeah it seemed like they had run out of ideas because I can't remember how many times I destroyed the WCW guys backstage. In real life, they would have been dead. Overall though, I actually prefer the objective based design to playing match after match with no real progression of story other than 'you win'.

In a cage match? An elimination chamber? A ladder match? Just wear down your opponent, and hit Y to lose, and you will run backstage to eat floatover DDTs from 2, 3, or 4 superstars bent on giving you brain damage!! Beat them all, and you may be allowed to win that match, or they may just knock you out after in the cut scene, so you can do it again next week!!

Anyway, I appreciate the new attempt at roaming backstage areas to brawl in, but that HHH RTWM was overkill... give us the pins back next year, and just let us use it for hardcore matches!!

DONT YOU DARE TO INSULT THE GAME WCW BACKSTAGE ASSAULT EVER AGAIN BY COMPARING IT TO THIS SHYT BACKSTAGE FIGHTS THIS YEAR!!!!

well you know WCW Backstage Assault was a bad game BUT compared to the backstage fights this year, WCWBA is a 10/10

DONT YOU DARE TO INSULT THE GAME WCW BACKSTAGE ASSAULT EVER AGAIN BY COMPARING IT TO THIS SHYT BACKSTAGE FIGHTS THIS YEAR!!!!

well you know WCW Backstage Assault was a bad game BUT compared to the backstage fights this year, WCWBA is a 10/10

I have to agree. I actually had fun with WCW: BA, these fights are boring and repetitive.

I have to agree. I actually had fun with WCW: BA, these fights are boring and repetitive.

haha its actually quite funny how a game, that was always considered by most to be one of, if not THE worst wrestling game ever, can all of a sudden seem so good and make todays game look so totally stale....

I mean just LOOK at the VARIETY of interactive hotspots, weapons and stuff that this game had, you could even change the rooms, fight from the parking lot, to the dressing rooms, to the production centers through the boiler room, to the loading bay and back to the restrooms....

for future games maybe the programmers should look into this game when it comes to backstage fights.....

give us the pins back next year, and just let us use it for hardcore matches!!

Why would they give you a match type that hasn't been used in like ten years on the program the game's based on?

...Huh. You know, this is one of the smartest posts I've ever seen on this board. Really explains why they take a lot of stuff out to me.

Well, sort of. I mean there hasn't been an inferno match since the Kane/MVP one but still a good post.

Why would they give you a match type that hasn't been used in like ten years on the program the game's based on?

*ignores that the match still appears on WWE shows occasionally under the Extreme Rules repackaging*

Why did they give us a match stipulation that hasn't been used since December 2006 on the programme the game's based on? (talking about Inferno match)

*ignores that the match still appears on WWE shows occasionally under the Extreme Rules repackaging*

Why did they give us a match stipulation that hasn't been used since December 2006 on the programme the game's based on? (talking about Inferno match)

There's street fights all the time in WWE; same match, just a different name. Orton and Kofi had one a while ago, there was one on SD! last night, etc.

There's street fights all the time in WWE; same match, just a different name. Orton and Kofi had one a while ago, there was one on SD! last night, etc.

Exactly so I got no idea what that guy's point is supposed to be.

he has no point, so lets talk about the youtube videos of WCW backstage assault I posted earlier because comparing that crappy game to the free brawl mode of wwe 12 and noticing that it is actually better than free brawl is a priceless epiphany of itself

I liked the objective-based approach to a degree, but I've always hated all of these RTWMs and Season Modes where they objective is "beat so and so with a finisher in this position" type of thing, and the reward is a cut scene where they reverse your finisher and beat you. I don't want to win all the time, and I know it builds more of a story if I don't, but it got to the point where the ONLY time you "won" a fight in RTWM this year was knocking out four guys backstage... when it got to the ring, you just got clowned.

And the backstage brawls are REALLY limited compared to past years... I mean, it's pretty much one animation for anything you slam the guy against, and then a handful of finisher ones. It's nice to have that big backstage area to run around and fight in, but I was completely sick of it by the time I got to the hero story.

As for the vids: Lot of tragic stories in the background of that second one, huh? Mike Awesome, Perry Saturn... And isn't it sad that the taunts and walk the girls were doing were about as alluring there as they are in today's games?

Also: Is it just me, or was Torry Wilson so much more attractive in WCW? She always looked like she had too much make up an too much surgery in WWE.

I liked the objective-based approach to a degree, but I've always hated all of these RTWMs and Season Modes where they objective is "beat so and so with a finisher in this position" type of thing, and the reward is a cut scene where they reverse your finisher and beat you. I don't want to win all the time, and I know it builds more of a story if I don't, but it got to the point where the ONLY time you "won" a fight in RTWM this year was knocking out four guys backstage... when it got to the ring, you just got clowned.

And the backstage brawls are REALLY limited compared to past years... I mean, it's pretty much one animation for anything you slam the guy against, and then a handful of finisher ones. It's nice to have that big backstage area to run around and fight in, but I was completely sick of it by the time I got to the hero story.

As for the vids: Lot of tragic stories in the background of that second one, huh? Mike Awesome, Perry Saturn... And isn't it sad that the taunts and walk the girls were doing were about as alluring there as they are in today's games?

Also: Is it just me, or was Torry Wilson so much more attractive in WCW? She always looked like she had too much make up an too much surgery in WWE.

I agree!

whats so tragic there my man? Ok Awesome passed away may he R.I.P. but what about Saturn? Hes alive and well isnt he? I know he went missing for a couple of years but last I heard he resurfaced and seems to be doing fine

Exactly so I got no idea what that guy's point is supposed to be.

i would chosen the 6 man hell in the cell that only been used once

Saturn is more of a man than any five people on earth combined. Who else could take a bullet to the neck saving a woman from being raped, and he didn't even know it? He said it felt like he got stung.

Lemme repeat that. Guy got shot in the neck, with a bullet from a gun, and it didn't even phase him.

I would drop trou, shit in fear and then run like hell probably leaving a huge trail behind me if he were staring me down. It would look like jet propulsion.

haha its actually quite funny how a game, that was always considered by most to be one of, if not THE worst wrestling game ever, can all of a sudden seem so good and make todays game look so totally stale....

I mean just LOOK at the VARIETY of interactive hotspots, weapons and stuff that this game had, you could even change the rooms, fight from the parking lot, to the dressing rooms, to the production centers through the boiler room, to the loading bay and back to the restrooms....

for future games maybe the programmers should look into this game when it comes to backstage fights.....

Uhh... NO

I would play WWE12 anyday over this bullsh*t! I can barely watch it for 4 seconds... and how can u compare a game that focuses on many aspects of wrestling's backstage mode to a game where backstage was the ONLY focus?...

Im not this guy but I think what he was trying to say was they are not probly not going to IMPLEMENT any match types that aren't used too much on WWE programming at this point. Inferno matches and extreme rules are old but they have already been IMPLEMENTED years ago so they are most likely not going to take them out now. But i do agree they need to add a pin option or just more options in general to the Free Brawls... Although I do see a future in this, I think they have taken a step forward in this match type this year.

Archived