UP2SP33D 2K12

Thr33X

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what? Payne never ceases to amaze me with how he performs year after year. Very nice. So...here's the latest 3 completed CAWS.

Snapshot105.jpg

Snapshot104.jpg

Snapshot106.jpg

Snapshot107.jpg

First up is the 2012 version of probably my most popular new CAW of 2011, Legionarius. The Athens born mountain of muscle is just as powerful and techincally sound as his half brother Orion (both of whom for story purposes I'm making the sons of Otto Marstorius, a character which Oz conjured up as the mentor/trainer of the likes of Primo Valiente & Dru Nedermeyer), but Lege is far, far more brutal and brazen. His back ink, which I took from an MMA fighter who's name eludes me right now, was way easier to pull off this year, not just because I did it once already so doing it again would be easier, but because yet again I benefit from the improvements to the Logo Designer. It's one of a few bonafide pluses to this year's game IMO. You'll also notice he has more hair...a lot more. Decided to be cliche and give him that scruffy "300" look, lol. As for moves, expect a lot of suplexes, hard strikes & high impact.

Snapshot108.jpg

Snapshot109.jpg

Snapshot110.jpg

Snapshot111.jpg

Snapshot112.jpg

Next comes yet another 3X Legend, the one and only Yoshi Togo- Japanese wrestling icon and CEO of View Japan Pro Wrestling. As always, Yuji Nagata is the inspiration for his look, so he has a mix of martial arts and techincal wrestling...vintage Puroresu. As he's the head of VJPW, I thought I'd make the TOGO logo look reminiscent to it, and yeah...I follow suit from Tadako and made him a blue attire as well. Fitting since I now have them as man & wife officially...they look so cute in mix tag matches (awwwwww). :D

Snapshot113.jpg

Snapshot114.jpg

Snapshot115.jpg

And lastly, the rework of the Tadako rework. Having to re-do her because of the damn CAW moveset glitch (a bad mark in this year's game), gave me the chance to change a few things up as you can see. I like this look better than the 1st one...looks even more ornate.

Now...there seems to be some further issue with CC, as new uploads aren't even showing up. I'll have to wait until I hear good news before I can upload these 3. For all the good in the game, there's always bad. Guess they can change game's name...but somethings just don't change. *Sigh*

Movesets have long since been one of my specialties as well. Something me and my brother have always been able to do is craft movesets that are not only effective, but work for the CAW's specific style of character/persona. Strong style, showmen, brawlers, hardcore, power, lucha, or hybrids of style fine tuned for a specific CAW, that's what we do...and we do it well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-9c9amDPuw

So I uploaded a vid on YT of Tadako Vs. Sarah, mainly to see how my match simming capabilities are looking. I think I still might have to upgrade if I want really good quality, but this ended up being a nice match. Without spoiling the ending, after lots of back and forth, it takes one of the girls a little more "oomph" to put the other away.

The fighter Legionarius' ink is based on is UFC middleweight Alesio "Legionarius" Sakara. (Who is one of my fave fighters, though he's out of action until well into next year with an MCL tear.) Ironic that you posted him in this batch, because I just put the finishing touches on Primo today. :D

Also digging Yoshi's more refined "older" look. The facial hair makes him look his age since his face morphing still makes him look like he's in his mid-late 20's. Nice match as well.

So I've been reading back through your old CAW topics, hoping for some inspiration in designing a logo for my own CAW (Paragon. He's quite inspired by your Sarah Warfield and Orion CAWs).

Well, the logo effort's been an abject failure to do my complete lack of talent with logos but it's been fun seeing your crazy improvement over the years. I love some of your old designs. The first design of Crossbones might be my favorite.

You know who I'd love to see return? http://caws.ws/forum/topic/4051-miss-silvia-banks-by-daclique%231-thr33x/

Hawtness.

@My brother- I had planned from last year to maks him look even more older somehow, and adding age wasn't enough, so the beard is back after a 2 year hiatus. LOLu

@A_R- I think i'll add her to my special Caw project this year of remade Caws of people who're MIA. As for Paragon, that name implies "perfection" as a paragon is a flawless diamond. Maybe a diamond shape might be a good base for a design?

Tadako - on her kickpads, the symbols, do those actually spell something out, or were they just randomly placed?

Loving her attires, btw :)

It's the Japanese kanji for "tsunami".

And thanks for the kind words. Each year I naturally have to continue to push the bill for original CAWS. It's not just a personal challenge for myself, but it's also to prove a point. It's my unofficial duty to prove to everyone that PS3 CAWS can look just as good as 360 ones with half the layers to use and no way to hack in textures. Especially in the case of originals, a CAW can look as good as you want it to with some imagination and execution. Those are the two key things you need...everything else is tools of that. Pardon me for getting a little philosophical there, but you have some creators who are content with just continuing where they left off from one year to the next. I can't do that. I have to make better in the next game than I did in the previous, I can never settle for the same old thing. That's why year to year I'll do different things with my CAWS. New designs, new attires, sometimes even total overhauls if I see it makes sense.

I'll never say I'm the best CAW maker out there (though many do), but I will say that I'm the standard bearer. Nobody has put in as much time, effort & research into it as I have for as long as I have. I squeeze out every drop of CAW mode year after year, lol. Other guys might make 1 or 2 or 10. Me and my brother make 50+. A piece. Yearly. And they're all quality work, each and every one of them. He's a distant second in the time, effort and research department...lol. But only one Original CAW maker broke the top 50 last year on either console. Same one who's in the top 200 right now with only a handful of original CAWS made so far. It's not just being here longer than anyone else, it's being here longer than anyone else being one of the best doing it each and every year I've been here. That's a special thing. Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, but after so long of doing this and clearly doing something right, I feel the need to toot my own horn a little bit. :D Not too much though, I do have some more CAWS to make, haha.

That said, I'm currently working on the solo versions of Victory Musashi and Neo Sawada right now, then I'll get back to some females. I have reworks in mind that are going to blows yours.

It's funny, everyone always said their challenge was improving on their attires and such, but the challenge for me was making my caws look the same as they did in years past...or at least have one attire that was.

I spent quite a bit of time on caw creating on previous games, but on 2011 my new true love was Story Creator.

I churned out a dozen Smackdowns...would have done ten times that if not for the server and lost data issues.

For the record I make 40 caws yearly.

I am trying to figure out how to find time to incorporate both my love of creating stories and paint tools, while still having time to turn out quality caws.

All while providing sufficient attention to my lovely wife and MANY children :D

It's not like any of us sit in front of the TV all day making CAWS, haha. I'm a working stiff in the "city that never sleeps", doing freelance art and design on the side & making independent music when I'm not working 9 to 5 for "the man". I'm a hustla' baby! :D The 50 or so I make now is a dwindled down number...at our peak, Oz and I made over 200 total CAWS, not just for ourselves, but for others as well (e-fed, friends, etc.). Clearly with me focused more professionally and him focused on family down in sunny Florida now, we can't keep up that kind of flow, lol. Again, apologies if anyone takes my statements as being boastful...but this has never been hard work for me. I've had fun each and every year. The only reason I'd stop now is if I saw that THQ was putting no effort into fixing what's broken in this game, of which I'd trade in WWE'12 and get Arkham City, which I'm somehow holding out on.

I need to beat U3 and SR3 first. LOL

It's really not so bad. If not for the online woes, this is the most fun I've had on WWE game in a while. I find myself actually playing it and not just simming, haha. Speaking of simming, one more exhibition match by popular demand- Power Vs. Power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuB0CTEeUq0&feature=youtu.be

I will get back to posting new CAWS shortly. Victory Musashi is complete, now working on the solo version Neo Sawada. He won't be overhauled from his previous look (designed off of Shuji Kondo), but I do have to work out some new GFX since he's not rocking Team KATANA duds anymore.

And speaking of that, Team KATANA isn't dead. It'll just be under new management. ;) Stay tuned.

Bullsheeit. Sarah got her ass handed to her 80% of that match, XD.

I swear, every video I watch of this makes me want this game more and more. I survived the initial hype phase but now that all these CAWs are out and about dancing around in custom rings, I'm on edge.

when you say Team Katana isn't dead, is there going to be some new faces in the team or some returning members. If so , I would like to see a Yakuza male theme wrestler for Team Katana (Big fan of Yakuza series) 8-)

There's definitely going to be a more Yakuza inspired feel to the new Team Katana. I'm making Takashi Kenshin the new leader, and completely revamping his look. He's the most obscure member of the old KATANA, so I can do whatever I want with him and not ruin the CAW. It'll be a 4 person team still, but one's going to be female.

Bullsheeit. Sarah got her ass handed to her 80% of that match, XD.

I swear, every video I watch of this makes me want this game more and more. I survived the initial hype phase but now that all these CAWs are out and about dancing around in custom rings, I'm on edge.

Sarah just uses the right moves at the right time. That's experience for you, lol.

Online is getting better. RTWM is kinda meh, but spend a buck and unlock everything so you don't need to touch them. Universe is better, and you can use whatever arenas you make/DL in them. All in all, WWE12 is a solid game. More fun than any other WWE games this console generation, hands down. The server troubles really sting, but it's a game worth looking into. ;)

That match between Jamie Fury vs Sarah Warfield was great.

Also, on a side note. I think you should transition XWA from an eFed to a full fledged CAW League.

You have a good staff to help you get shows uploaded quickly. All that's needed is someone who can do commentary.

Ok 3X I had to make a new profile again just to comment, I used to be Leotic (I was on your older threads) but enough about me, your CAW's this year are awesome as ever, I had a quick question

Would either, XXL, David Faith, or Crossbones be making a return this year?

And also would we see the return of some older 3X divas, such as Sierra Hyde Easton & "The Warrior Queen" Talena? or a Legend Of The Rising Sun Koga Kobayashi? Or my personal favorite from SVR 2009 Chris Punisher?

sorry lol I was going thru your older threads and made me think

they are some of my favorites that you make, but I do enjoy all of your caws, thank you & keep up the great work, been loving your CAW's since the PS2 days.

Archived