UP2SP33D 2K12

Thr33X

You can make a CAW into a particularly nasty individual based on the moves you give to them. Generally, heels will use moves that are more painful looking, because of their want to hurt opponents, so go for moves that look more brutal. Good examples are moves like the Knuckle Part, or one of those DDT that looks like the victim gets spiked into the mat. Moves which basically look more dangerous.

For a submission wrestler it's a little tricky though, because when you look at heel submissionists like heel Kurt Angle or Alberto Del Rio, their moves are still pretty technical. Angle's arsenal specifically doesn't change at all whether he's face or heel, just his character actions and appearance (like how he'd grow his beard out more as heel than a as a face). Best I can say is make their moveset one which aggressively sets up for a submission. If he/she uses an ankle lock, give them leg damaging moves. Don't give them a complete moveset that targets an single body part though, that's unrealistic...just enough though that if the AI was using him/her, they'd be able to hit their submission finisher effectively after doing the needed damage, since the AI doesn't use the Limb Target System exclusively (or intelligently for that matter).

This concludes our psychology lesson, lol. It's all a matter of tapping into your own wrestling IQ and what happens in the ring for real sometimes. ;)

You pretty much confirmed everything I was thinking of when I went to work on the moveset. I'm not totally sure if I want to go the Cross Armbreaker route or the High Angle Single Leg Crab route. Ugh, I'll figure it out eventually. Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close enough...that evil smile smile logo was taken from Disturbed, circa their "10,000 Fists" album and was drawn sure enough by Todd McFarlane. This is where I got the idea from...

Thanks for the love people. More CAWS will be on the way shortly. Just wish CC would work for me so I can upload who I have so far.

How people you upload?(need a list) and Is Carmella Blackheart is coming back, I'm about to change WWE into XWA or ROH with her as a President. And Of course another theme for her as well "Slum Village-I'm Selfish or Lil Wayne feat Drake-HYFR"

Will La Reina be appearing this year? I really hope so because Vega vs La Reina is something I've wanted to see/do for a while. 8-)

Yes.

How people you upload?(need a list) and Is Carmella Blackheart is coming back, I'm about to change WWE into XWA or ROH with her as a President. And Of course another theme for her as well "Slum Village-I'm Selfish or Lil Wayne feat Drake-HYFR"

And Yes again. ;)

But first...two new male additions.

Snapshot77.jpg

Snapshot78.jpg

Snapshot79.jpg

You all know Tyson Terra. Pretty much my #1 heel CAW for a number of years now, he's a hybrid of the slimmer big men that've been around such as Tomko and the late Andrew "Test" Martin. His gimmick has been and always will be a "Devil's Advocate" persona, much like Sean O'Haire was back in his brief WWE run before they made him Piper's Pet. However, I've given him more "power", making him the most dangerous man in my Universe in the literal and figurative sense. I've also given him new ink. After the comments regarding Payne's ink (which I won't alter until the next game, he's already complete), I decided to rework Terra's signature arm & back tats from scratch with help from the improved Logo Tool.

Snapshot80.jpg

Snapshot81.jpg

Snapshot82.jpg

And this strapping young fellow is Jacob Cass. My version of Jacob Cass, the Rookie hero of this year's RTWM mode. I changed a few moves from his base moveset, but he's your basic X-Division style grappler-technique, high flying and some martial arts thrown in. I've also started an ongoing Story Mode with him which takes place months after the RTWM mode for you to check out, the tag for stories by me will be 3XSTORY.

Close enough...that evil smile smile logo was taken from Disturbed, circa their "10,000 Fists" album and was drawn sure enough by Todd McFarlane. This is where I got the idea from...

Thanks for the love people. More CAWS will be on the way shortly. Just wish CC would work for me so I can upload who I have so far.

Ah, one of my favorite Disturbed songs, good choice. 8-)

He will...just not on the immediate list. This post is to inform you that all previously shown caws and arenas are now uploaded to CC, so go get them!

He will...just not on the immediate list. This post is to inform you that all previously shown caws and arenas are now uploaded to CC, so go get them!

One of your favorites...

warfield2k12.jpg

"The Golden Goddess" Sarah Warfield. Unique in the fact that before her, nobody really even tried to make the "power female" type of CAW. Nowadays, you see more (I even made another in Jamie Fury) but Ms. Warfield was the first. The first. That, and the fact that she's been around since 2006-and was in fact the very first CAW I ever posted-makes her a "3X Legend" CAW. Has she come a long way or what? IMO this is by far the best she's ever looked, and she's got all the power and technique longtime fans know her for.

One of your favorites...

warfield2k12.jpg

"The Golden Goddess" Sarah Warfield. Unique in the fact that before her, nobody really even tried to make the "power female" type of CAW. Nowadays, you see more (I even made another in Jamie Fury) but Ms. Warfield was the first. The first. That, and the fact that she's been around since 2006-and was in fact the very first CAW I ever posted-makes her a "3X Legend" CAW. Has she come a long way or what? IMO this is by far the best she's ever looked, and she's got all the power and technique longtime fans know her for.

Awesome! :D I'm kinda scared that she's got bigger muscles than some of my guys - not necessarily a bad thing, either. :P

And You're right: You're the reason I've gotten better as a CAW-er since '06. Ms. Warfield is one of the reasons I try to make a power-based female in each game. I regret not getting SvR'07 and '08 when they came out because I think I'd be even further along than I am. I was gonna shelve my power ladies this year, but it looks like I'm bring them back now.

It impresses me that you've more-or-less made the same CAWs every year, but they somehow manage to be new everytime I see them.

That probably is the best I have seen Sarah Warfield, I have to admit I've been put off by her in recent years because I personally felt she was a little oddly proportioned in your efforts to show off her size, and muscularity, but everything comes together here nicely, and the attires. I wish I could try her out on the 360.

It impresses me that you've more-or-less made the same CAWs every year, but they somehow manage to be new everytime I see them.

Something I do every year (and OZ does this as well) is basically "evolve" our CAW/Characters. Every year they're "aging", getting older, getting better at what they do, and in some cases they're even deteriorating in areas. For example, guys like Riot are still heavy hitting brutes, but he's much slower than he's been in the past because he's actually somewhere in his 40s right now...and "eye candy" like Jenna Slade or Marisol Cardinale have become more credible wrestlers (in Marisol's case, the third fastest & most agile behind La Reina & The Lotus) now since I first created them...due to virtual "training" over the years.

It helps a lot to go with that approach because it makes it more fun to recreate them year after year thinking to yourself "how can I make him/her a little differently this time?"

yeah. Sarah Warfield looks better than ever.

That probably is the best I have seen Sarah Warfield, I have to admit I've been put off by her in recent years because I personally felt she was a little oddly proportioned in your efforts to show off her size, and muscularity, but everything comes together here nicely, and the attires. I wish I could try her out on the 360.

The secret with Sarah is that I decided a while ago to base her look off of an actual person. It happened after I successfully managed to create Jamie Fury from female bodybuilder Monica Martin. All of the sudden, she looked a bit more detail as far as body morphing that Sarah did, so I had to follow suit. Ergo, I based Sarah's body off of another female bodybuilder named Melissa Detwiller, while keeping her facial morphing the same as it's been all these years. It came together last year, but that was a version of Sarah that I didn't release. This is basically that, with a sleek new attire.

On that note, more "3X Legends" are coming today. Here's a clue...they're all Japanese. ;)

Not lookin' too bad this year, Obaid. I have to keep reminding myself that you do comic book style/fighting game character-style CAWs. I'm used to doing realistic myself so I keep going "NO!" when I see someone overly large with small waists and the like. xD So, have to make myself look at it from another perspective. Not bashing at all (just putting that out there), we just have different methods.

Your version of Cass is GREAT!!! what kind of design did you use on the kickpads? looks really good and can not wait to see more from you!!!

Just a PT I cooked up that was based off of something I saw in last year's game. I didn't save or UL the design though, but kickpads are relatively easy to make anyway, so it's all good.

Snapshot99.jpg

Snapshot100.jpgSnapshot101.jpg

And what you see here is the new look for "The Tokyo Tsunami" Tadako Anenokoji. I decided to do away with her typical Reiko Hinomoto-inspired attires for something that looks more ornate and distinctively "joshi". Of note is the new primary color scheme...since her nickname is "tsunami", I figured I'd go with a light blue and some waves. The kanji means "tsunami" as well. She's much more technically sound this year as well. Yes, she's still got her high flying and martial arts, but I've devtoed some bits of her moveset to arm targeted attacks, which sets up for the newest weapon in her arsenal, the Tadako-Lock (aka Cattle Mutilation).

Snapshot102.jpg

Snapshot103.jpg

And two new arenas. First is the ring of View Japan Pro Wrestling, the fictional Puroresu promotion owned and ran by Yoshi Togo. I kinda tapped into the look of the ring for the "fed" of the same same as it appeared in Fire Pro Returns...very Puro. The second is an alternate version of the XWA TakeDown ring, because I liked how WAR's ring looked, I made a version similar to it.

All will be uploaded whenever I get the chance.

I seem to be having problems uploading Tadako due to a dlc issue (it says I used dlc on her though I didnt), so until further notice she won't be available for download. The new arenas are uploaded though.

I seem to be having problems uploading Tadako due to a dlc issue (it says I used dlc on her though I didnt), so until further notice she won't be available for download. The new arenas are uploaded though.

Did you copy a DLed CAWs moveset by chance? I did that with Immortal and now I have to make him a 3rd time (grr!). Or maybe you missed a move that was DLC by mistake. I hope it's not that stupid upload glitch crap, that's annoying.

Anyhow, I like Tadako's new look this year. The 'natural disaster' characters are always fun to experiment with. I also like the VJPW arena. I'll DL both arenas anyways. 8-)

Yea, apparently you can't use a DL'd CAW's moveset in any way for a new CAW this year. So if you based Tadako's moveset off of an existing CAW's moveset, you'll not be able to upload her at ALL. Even if you replace the whole moveset with a default one. I learned that the hard way last night while trying to upload Primo, who I used Bryan Jasta's moveset as a base for. So now I have to make a new Primo from scratch with an original moveset in order to upload him. Thank god I didn't delete the PT's used for him, otherwise I'd really be pissed.

Also, for the VJPW ring, since the ring font is basic white, how bout throwing some gradient effects onto it to make the font pop off the ring some? Might be time consuming, but it's well worth it. Loving the puro vibe it gives. (nice job with the Yuke's logos, too. Completes the look fully.)

Sarah... that's a big girl. I'm liking the attires for her and Tadako's blue one (I like all of those too but it seems I rarely see any blue-dominate attires anymore). Thought it was interesting that her attire matched the VJPW arena, XD. Dunno if that was on purpose. Quick question though cause I haven't been looking at too many posts here, but are XPW and VJPW just companies you're using in your story designer and/or fed or are you integrating them into your Universe?

Did you copy a DLed CAWs moveset by chance? I did that with Immortal and now I have to make him a 3rd time (grr!). Or maybe you missed a move that was DLC by mistake. I hope it's not that stupid upload glitch crap, that's annoying.

Anyhow, I like Tadako's new look this year. The 'natural disaster' characters are always fun to experiment with. I also like the VJPW arena. I'll DL both arenas anyways. 8-)

Yea, apparently you can't use a DL'd CAW's moveset in any way for a new CAW this year. So if you based Tadako's moveset off of an existing CAW's moveset, you'll not be able to upload her at ALL. Even if you replace the whole moveset with a default one. I learned that the hard way last night while trying to upload Primo, who I used Bryan Jasta's moveset as a base for. So now I have to make a new Primo from scratch with an original moveset in order to upload him. Thank god I didn't delete the PT's used for him, otherwise I'd really be pissed.

Also, for the VJPW ring, since the ring font is basic white, how bout throwing some gradient effects onto it to make the font pop off the ring some? Might be time consuming, but it's well worth it. Loving the puro vibe it gives. (nice job with the Yuke's logos, too. Completes the look fully.)

That explains it. Chalk up another wonderful game glitch. Looks like she gets redone tonight. Wonderful...

Sarah... that's a big girl. I'm liking the attires for her and Tadako's blue one (I like all of those too but it seems I rarely see any blue-dominate attires anymore). Thought it was interesting that her attire matched the VJPW arena, XD. Dunno if that was on purpose. Quick question though cause I haven't been looking at too many posts here, but are XPW and VJPW just companies you're using in your story designer and/or fed or are you integrating them into your Universe?

I will be most likely using them in Universe, once I have more CAWS made. And the color combo was coincidental, lol.

Archived