Confused about The Rock

Gooner Lad

I'm looking forward to the game coming out next week, but something has confused me for a while now and I don't know the full facts. From the time The Rock was first announced for WWE 12, I assumed that he was actually in the game, and you would probably have to unlock him through something like Universe mode or Road to WrestleMania.

Now seeing the People's Edition, I'm guessing it wasn't as straight forward as I thought it was. Basically, what I'm asking is:

1) Is The Rock a DLC or in-game character?

2) Is the People's Edition the only way to get him (for now)?

A number of stores are getting games with a code to unlock the Rock inserted in their first shipment. This indicates to me that The Rock is actually on the disc. The people's edition supposedly includes more extra stuff besides that, but if you just want the rock, you can probably just get it off the shelf at Walmart or even Best Buy. Cory claimed at the end of the preview that the only way to get him is to preorder, but that is assuming that all of the shelf copies get preordered out, which they won't. Basically Cory is full of it, and I wish they would hire someone else to speak for these games. He can continue to design them fine, but they need someone who knows how to talk about these games correctly.

I'm looking forward to the game coming out next week, but something has confused me for a while now and I don't know the full facts. From the time The Rock was first announced for WWE 12, I assumed that he was actually in the game, and you would probably have to unlock him through something like Universe mode or Road to WrestleMania.

Now seeing the People's Edition, I'm guessing it wasn't as straight forward as I thought it was. Basically, what I'm asking is:

The Rock is a pre-order exclusive if you pre-order from Gamestop, WWE.com, THQ.com and I believe Amazon as well, in the US at least. You can do if you order from Wal-Mart's website but finding a store that will do it can be tricky though people on here have said its included if you buy it from there anyway. If you don't pre-order, he'll be available as DLC in January.

Also, if you order it from Gamestop you get a code on your receipt to get the Rock, I'm not sure how other places do it. From what I have heard, there's no code for him in the actual box but who knows. I would say its include in the People's Edition though.

he is supposed to be a pre-order exclusive for regular or people's edition. however, stores that don't take pre-orders (like walmart) are going to have a limited inventory of games with the unlock code the week of release so you don't have to pre-order.

The Rock is exactly like Stone Cold in 2010 and Bret Hart in 2011. You get a code to download him; he's probably on the disc, but there's no legitimate way to unlock him except downloading him. He'll be available as regular DLC 90 days after the game's release.

No, he's not exclusive to the People's Edition. He's the pre-order bonus for just about every major retailer. And much like Hart and loads of other pre-order bonus DLC, the first shipment of the game will include Rock codes nonetheless.

The Rock is a pre-order exclusive if you pre-order from Gamestop, WWE.com, THQ.com and I believe Amazon as well, in the US at least. You can do if you order from Wal-Mart's website but finding a store that will do it can be tricky though people on here have said its included if you buy it from there anyway. If you don't pre-order, he'll be available as DLC in January..

Also, if you order it from Gamestop you get a code on your receipt to get the Rock, I'm not sure how other places do it. From what I have heard, there's no code for him in the actual box but who knows. I would say its include in the People's Edition though

This is not true. Gamestop's website say the code is in the box. The code for the Miz is on the receipt.

The Rock is a pre-order exclusive if you pre-order from Gamestop, WWE.com, THQ.com and I believe Amazon as well, in the US at least. You can do if you order from Wal-Mart's website but finding a store that will do it can be tricky though people on here have said its included if you buy it from there anyway. If you don't pre-order, he'll be available as DLC in January..

Also, if you order it from Gamestop you get a code on your receipt to get the Rock, I'm not sure how other places do it. From what I have heard, there's no code for him in the actual box but who knows. I would say its include in the People's Edition though

This is not true. Gamestop's website say the code is in the box. The code for the Miz is on the receipt.

Oops, my bad there. I guess I read it wrong on their site.

Archived