WWE 12 Universe Tracker

Big333Gus

Hi everyone, I posted some pics of my roster in a thread the other day and a couple of people asked how I did what I was showing and said they’d like me to share my Universe Tracker.

I basically use this to track my Universe/Exhibition matches so I have my history and I keep notes of what is going on and add some flavor to the storylines. It also lets me keep track of champions and I have a roster page I update every quarter. I also use it to add matches to PPV cards if I want more than are in Universe and just play them in exhibition.

To keep it simple, I have the following

1 tab for Championship History (updated and macro to sort. Ctrl+Shift+t)

1 tab for Roster and current champions that I copy and update for each quarter

12 tabs for the monthly shows

12 tabs for the monthly PPVs (I use photoshop to make these but you can also do simple versions just in excel as shown in screens below for Royal Rumble. I have most of the PPV Logos you can drag in)

I save and start a new spreadsheet for each year.

Here are some screen shots to show some examples.

Roster.png

WWERoster.jpg

TitleHistory.png

Shows.png

Shows-MonthSchedule.png

PPV.png

ECWResurrection2012.jpg

You can edit and make this for any brands, shows, background pics easily. (See example videos)

I have all the source files for the profile pics, edited images so you can move them in and out for the champions with tag teams created, images sized correctly for different belts from all organizations and logos for all shows and PPVs. Real easy to do just a lot of use of image formatting arrange functions in excel. (Link to help vid below)

If you want to use something like this here is a link to the spreadsheet and one to source files

Download Files - Links

WWE 12 Tracker .xls

Source Image Files

Roster Add On Pack 1

Working on a Divas & Belts - Completion Date TBD

These also include images if you want to expand the Champions to include an additional one.

HELP VIDs

Here is one to show how easy it is to set it up for your own show, roster and champs. Yes the arrange is a little time consuming but once set up it’s easy to update. You can use any images and drag them to create the background images to the top banner/roster etc. as shown.

If people want people I do not have in my files or tag teams I have not created, I don’t really have time to take requests as I travel with work during the week. So if anyone with Photoshop wants to offer help and create they can. There are all the source .png files to create tag teams easily. Just use one of the Champion roster images to get the size of the image right.

Also the case for the mini profile pics. I have the standard background in the files and you can make your own profile pics.

You may notice no divas, I don’t use them but hopefully someone out there with Photoshop may want to create equivalent images for the divas.

One last thing to note, I use a Mac and you may have to change the size of the txt font, I tried opening on a PC and found that if you reduce by 2 font sizes it works and you may just have to nudge them over to the right place.

Hope people enjoy this, it’s something I like to help me plan stories and record my years.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its really awesome what you did there!!

And even more so because you decided to share it with us...

I already downloaded it and cant wait to edit it until it has MY universe in it as it is...

It just sucks that I should learn for my exams and I have like 70+ guys that you dont have on your roster, so Ill have to find a way to make these profile pics for them...

im not a photoshop expert so Id really appreciate if anybody would offer some help with this

I already downloaded it and cant wait to edit it until it has MY universe in it as it is...

It just sucks that I should learn for my exams and I have like 70+ guys that you dont have on your roster, so Ill have to find a way to make these profile pics for them...

im not a photoshop expert so Id really appreciate if anybody would offer some help with this

Thanks man, why don't you post the list of the guys and if I get bored in front of the tv I can make a start if I can find easy files to use but no promises I'll get all of them done. Just that I need to start writing down some CAW formulas so I can at least have half decent CAWs to use before all the good ones get uploaded to cc.

Thanks everyone, I used to just have a simple list of people in a plain old white excel so feel free to adapt and make your own. There are a fair amount of source images to use with transparent backgrounds.

Thanks man, why don't you post the list of the guys and if I get bored in front of the tv I can make a start if I can find easy files to use but no promises I'll get all of them done. Just that I need to start writing down some CAW formulas so I can at least have half decent CAWs to use before all the good ones get uploaded to cc.

Thanks everyone, I used to just have a simple list of people in a plain old white excel so feel free to adapt and make your own. There are a fair amount of source images to use with transparent backgrounds.

well to be honest, you providing us with this file that you created is a great thing already, for which I cant thank you enough...

like I said, I have alot of wrestlers, that I'd include in my universe, that aren't in yours but I do think it is alot to ask of you to create profile/champion pics for all of them...

so ill just say this: Ill write down the wrestlers Ill create for my universe and if in fact you decide that some of them are of your personal liking and interesting enough to put them into your universe too and you create pics for them, thats great and absolutely appreciated, for the other guys, Id find it really cool, if you like could provide us with a tutorial or something on how to create profile and champion pics like that....

well as far as i can see you dont have pics for the following guys (starting with people that are on the game or DLC)

1. Demolition (Ax & Smash)

2. LOD (Hawk & Animal)

3. Randy Savage

-

-

now the ones ill create for my personal universe

4. Goldberg

5. Chris Benoit

6. Bret Hart

7. Perry Saturn

8. Raven

9. Dean Malenko

10. Tommy Dreamer

11. Sandman

12. Rhyno

13. Sabu

14. D-Von Dudley (Brother Devon)

15. Ric Flair

16. Scott Hall

17. Lance Storm

18. X-Pac

19. Ultimo Dragon

20. Juventud

21. Billy Kidman

22. Buff Bagwell

23. Bobby Lashley

24. Scott Steiner

25. Jeff Jarrett

26. Konnan

27. Curt Hennig

28. Lex Luger

29. Terry Funk

30. JTG

31. Shad

32. Sid Vicious

33. Vampiro

34. DDP (Diamond Dallas Page)

35. Shane McMahon

36. Test

37. BamBam

turns out, i actually dont have 70+ guys that are missing on your roster but just 37 ;)

so if you can be bothered to create pics for them, great thing ill absolutely appreciate it, but for anybody else whos planning on using this file and creating pics for guys of their personal liking, if you create pics for guys that are on my list, please let me know!!

well to be honest, you providing us with this file that you created is a great thing already, for which I cant thank you enough...

like I said, I have alot of wrestlers, that I'd include in my universe, that aren't in yours but I do think it is alot to ask of you to create profile/champion pics for all of them...

so ill just say this: Ill write down the wrestlers Ill create for my universe and if in fact you decide that some of them are of your personal liking and interesting enough to put them into your universe too and you create pics for them, thats great and absolutely appreciated, for the other guys, Id find it really cool, if you like could provide us with a tutorial or something on how to create profile and champion pics like that....

well as far as i can see you dont have pics for the following guys (starting with people that are on the game or DLC)

1. Demolition (Ax & Smash)

2. LOD (Hawk & Animal)

3. Randy Savage

-

-

now the ones ill create for my personal universe

4. Goldberg

5. Chris Benoit

6. Bret Hart

7. Perry Saturn

8. Raven

9. Dean Malenko

10. Tommy Dreamer

11. Sandman

12. Rhyno

13. Sabu

14. D-Von Dudley (Brother Devon)

15. Ric Flair

16. Scott Hall

17. Lance Storm

18. X-Pac

19. Ultimo Dragon

20. Juventud

21. Billy Kidman

22. Buff Bagwell

23. Bobby Lashley

24. Scott Steiner

25. Jeff Jarrett

26. Konnan

27. Curt Hennig

28. Lex Luger

29. Terry Funk

30. JTG

31. Shad

32. Sid Vicious

33. Vampiro

34. DDP (Diamond Dallas Page)

35. Shane McMahon

36. Test

37. BamBam

turns out, i actually dont have 70+ guys that are missing on your roster but just 37 ;)

so if you can be bothered to create pics for them, great thing ill absolutely appreciate it, but for anybody else whos planning on using this file and creating pics for guys of their personal liking, if you create pics for guys that are on my list, please let me know!!

If you do end up doing these photos mind sharing them on this thread?

by the way I just noticed that you also dont have pics for Arn Anderson and Ricky Steamboat, although theyre in the game...

dunno if you care about them and plan to use them in your universe, just wanted to point that out in case you werent aware of it

19. Ultimo Dragon

20. Juventud

21. Billy Kidman

26. Konnan

33. Vampiro

36. Test

Ok so I've done the small roster pics, I need some better body photos with as plain a background as possible though for those still listed above before I can get all the champion images.

It's pretty easy to create the pics really. Find .png files if you can of your guy (I just use google image search). png files generally have a transparent background then copy and past them over the small template profile background file in the files proivded and adjust size to get the face in. Similar for champion images. Take one and delete the person so you have the same size blank image and copy the .png pic in. Works best in photoshop but others can be used. One free one which works or I have used in the past is GIMP... pretty sure still free and there are many others too.

Will do

What Excel is this? I tried making my own but when I saved and re-opened it, the text was green.. it won't stay white. Everytime I save it and close it, then re-open, it's green and says my version of Excel can't support that function.

Hmm weird... I am using Mac version 2011 but I tried it on my work laptop which is a pc and runs 2007 and it seemed fine other than needing to resize the txt like i mentioned in the post.

Not sure I can help you there. You could always create a new one and pull in the images and start from scratch. Shouldn't take you much longer than an hour.

I did tournaments on SvR 08 with just my CAWs and wrote down the champs and brackets (all tourneys were 12-man, regardless of mode; Money in the Bank is always 12) in Word/Excel. Bracket assignments were via draw (1 vs 12, 2 vs 10 etc.) The only rule I had was that champions don't participate outside of defending their belt. Since I only had 4 created Divas, I always had the Women's Championship defended in a 4-way Battle Royal at a random PPV arena.

I like what I see here. You definitely look like you have a lot of time to kill.

19. Ultimo Dragon

20. Juventud

21. Billy Kidman

26. Konnan

33. Vampiro

36. Test

Ok so I've done the small roster pics, I need some better body photos with as plain a background as possible though for those still listed above before I can get all the champion images.

It's pretty easy to create the pics really. Find .png files if you can of your guy (I just use google image search). png files generally have a transparent background then copy and past them over the small template profile background file in the files proivded and adjust size to get the face in. Similar for champion images. Take one and delete the person so you have the same size blank image and copy the .png pic in. Works best in photoshop but others can be used. One free one which works or I have used in the past is GIMP... pretty sure still free and there are many others too.

Will do

What Excel is this? I tried making my own but when I saved and re-opened it, the text was green.. it won't stay white. Everytime I save it and close it, then re-open, it's green and says my version of Excel can't support that function.

Hmm weird... I am using Mac version 2011 but I tried it on my work laptop which is a pc and runs 2007 and it seemed fine other than needing to resize the txt like i mentioned in the post.

Not sure I can help you there. You could always create a new one and pull in the images and start from scratch. Shouldn't take you much longer than an hour.

so as far as I understood, you need images for the guys that have a real simple background right? like only one colour in the back?

If thats what you need, ill try to provide you with the pictures

so here goes

ultimo dragon: http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1079030755/ultimo_dragon_l_normal.jpg

juventud: http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/225/790/Juventud_Guerrera_-_Eduardo_Anibal_Gonzalez_Hernandez_11_display_image.jpg?1314216804

certainly not the best pic of him but the only one I could find that at least had a simple looking background... I think though that the blue in the back has some more lighting on top of the pic and less lighting on the bottom, but maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, because its really late here (6 a.m.)

Kidman: http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/443/884/images10_display_image.jpg%3F1287085634&imgrefurl=http://bleacherreport.com/articles/491075-50-greatest-light-heavyweight-wrestlers-of-all-time&usg=__Zk0EzALJJ4MBxfNZZes_C8cf2TU=&h=400&w=292&sz=20&hl=de&start=60&zoom=1&tbnid=RYYd9mEVB1A_NM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=91&ei=gla_Tv_oIMPItAbMh620Aw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbilly%2Bkidman.png%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dde%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:de:official%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D629%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1

Konnan: http://www.impact4life.de/images/superstars/normal/konnan.jpg

Vampiro: http://cdn.netnewsledger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Vampiro.jpg

Test: http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01tSaNG6JIgNZ/340x.jpg

dunno if these pics will help you, as a matter of fact I kinda searched for them on the quick because I was about to go to sleep ;)

dunno if these pics will help you, as a matter of fact I kinda searched for them on the quick because I was about to go to sleep ;)

Posted link in first post. Enjoy

WOW! Now you are officially my hero! And I dont give away that award easily ;)

That really great man, I'm downloading it right now and cant wait to get to work on this!

I started with making some changes to the roster page yesterday night, so it would have more titles in it and WCW as a brand, maybe ill post a pic of it after I have included all the other pics in it just to show people how easy the great foundation that you provided us with can be adjusted to one's personal preference!

I really cant thank you enough for this man, because like many others, I was always taking notes either pen & paper or on my ipod notes, but it was always just text, now its so much more and writing down what goes on in my universe is going to be real fun instead of a pain in the backside!

Any chance you could add some belts that are missing like the light-heavy weight, European, and womans, and maybe some wrestlers from the 2001? WCW, ECW, WWF

would be great full if you could?! if u cant no worries, thanks again

Archived