Here Comes The Pain...

TripleC

Can't believe I'm actually going to help Splasher out, due to our...feud, last month.

But that statement itself proves SKPTymMisery's opinion on the game can easily be crossed off the list.

Like Splasher, I've played HCTP before even knowing a SYM existed. One thing I'd like to add is I've played the SVR series before playing HCTP. I've attained HCTP back in 2009 before buying the SVR 2009 for my ps3. The first SVR game I've played is SVR 2008 which is pretty much the same thing like every game to come out afterwards, with a variety of additions.

This actually not only proves misery's post wrong, but pastes it on the negative side of the axis. What this means is, if you're used to limitations and sloppy, slow gameplay SVR2008+ has to offer, you'll have so much fun with HCTP that you wont ever think of playing any of those games ever again.

@ post #20

you've skimmed trough his reply yet again, sunshine. :rock:

@OP

Get it, you wont regret it. At a price of 14$ it's a great deal imo. I'd pay for this game 60$, like it was new.

-Almost a perfect roster

-no limitations (can do basically whatever you want in the ring and well outside, since you've got a huge free roam stage)

-every wrestler has their unique set of moves (ex: unique ddt's, unique suplexes)

-storymode is long, and fun

-nice unlock system

-easy to pick up and play

-cool music, also music playing while you wrestle, it adds up to excitement.

-great match types

:facepalm: You've got to be kidding me, this line "Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 and all the games afterwards are all the same" just proves how wrong you are. Firstly since Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 is the first WWE game you played, you don't have a say.

Basically what you said is what I said, the only thing that make Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain is this one thing amount of moves. The Match types are the exact same, the Free roam was fine beside Time square crap...

Story mode was a load of old storylines shoved into one long story, sure it was fun. I didn't say it wasn't, but it doesn't make it better...

The music playing during a match wasn't anything but random tunes they shoved into the game...

^You're mindset is so self centered. You're glad it's gone even though you know pretty much everyone except you enjoyed it. You weren't forced to play that mode, were you? Even If so, you didn't have to go backstage, so why bother about something that everyone else love and you didn't have to play?

Also, THQ said most the moves they removed were due to them being poorly animated/unrealstic. So yeah, we can still blame that on the people who hate anything fun that is too OTT for their feeble minds to comprehend.

They said Poorly Animated, they never said unrealistic. Besides that, I said it before I was fine with the Free roam. It was basically Smackdown! Just Bring It, what I didn't like was the Time Square crap.

Doesn't matter what I say, I've stated Facts well you go against Opinion.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SKPT poorly animated = unrealistic looking.

Also, I agree goku (no hard feelings on our feud, just contrasting opinion :cool: ).

Wait a second, are you actually trOlling? You're saying season mode was fun? Yet you're still bagging it? :facepalm:

And so what if his first game was SvR 08? I preferred that over 09.

Also, I agree goku (no hard feelings on our feud, just contrasting opinion :cool: ).

Wait a second, are you actually trOlling? You're saying season mode was fun? Yet you're still bagging it? :facepalm:

First of all, Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 was the Worst SVR game ever made. Second of all, I'm bagging the season mode because it wasn't really fun but when the game came out it was fun. Basically it's fun for young kids that haven't played any other game besides maybe Smackdown Vs Raw 2008. I'm not "Trolling" by the way...

No "Poorly Animated" Does not mean Unrealistic looking, it means they didn't like that good. doesn't mean they didn't look realistic...

@SKYPministry

SVR 8 and 9 are practically identical. The only difference is the inferno match. Oh and 9 had a worse roster.

SVR 10 had some improvements of physics and overall game improvements, some additions... Nothing revolutionary.

Same goes for 11.

Well the only thing that actually stands out is the wwe universe mode. Thats probably the only thing I like about new svr games. The wwe 12 will be revolutionary though, unlike every game from 08+.

What is the most important thing to a game? GAMEPLAY! 08+ have the same sloppy slow gameplay, sunshine.

WWE12 will hopefully have a less limited, faster gameplay which is quite refreshing.

As for your ignorant statement (Hah, ironic much? There you were calling others ironic a moment ago), I may have played 08 at first, but currently I own ever Smackdown and SVR game there is for the ps1,2,3. So don't count my opinion out, I've got more overall gaming experience than you probably, and certainly more wwe gaming experience since I do own every wwe/wwf wrestling game on the sony consoles.

The music playing in the game was an original soundtrack produced solely for the game. sunshine.

Basically it's fun for young kids that haven't played any other game besides maybe Smackdown Vs Raw 2008.

I was there once, and I didn't find svr 08 season mode entertaining at all. I prefer the HCTP 'story' mode.

First of all, Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 was the Worst SVR game ever made. Second of all, I'm bagging the season mode because it wasn't really fun but when the game came out it was fun. Basically it's fun for young kids that haven't played any other game besides maybe Smackdown Vs Raw 2008. I'm not "Trolling" by the way...

No "Poorly Animated" Does not mean Unrealistic looking, it means they didn't like that good. doesn't mean they didn't look realistic...

First; just because his first game played, was, in your opinion, the worst of the series make his arguments anyless valid? :rock:

Second; how does a move look bad in a simulation game? By looking unrealistic. Don't even try to argue that.

Enough with the quoting "And I quote", alright. Lets see,

Smackdown!: first attempt, crap game

Smackdown! 2: Haven't played it can't say anything

Smackdown! Just Bring It: Great game, still crap though. Best Free roam though...

Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth: Sucked, didn't improve on anything

Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain: Redefined everything, only issues Time Square Free roam and Season mode being a load of storylines that have already been done.

Smackdown Vs Raw: Kept grapple gameplay from Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain, better Season mode. Crap CAW mode though...

Smackdown Vs Raw 2006: Redefined the series again, Awesome season mode. Better CAW mode and brought us Create-an-entrance.

Smackdown Vs Raw 2007: Added Weight detection, good season mode. Only issue was the Ultimate control moves. CAW Mode Improved again and improved create-an-entrance.

Smackdown Vs Raw 2008: Worse game of the SVR series, Game play got butchered because of the "Classes selection" which added a limitation to the move sets. Also brought in "Struggle" Submissions, which sucked.

Smackdown Vs Raw 2009: Redefined Tag-Team matches, Gameplay stayed the same without the Classes limitation. Brought in Abilities and Create-A-Finisher only problem kept Ultimate control moves and "Struggle" Submission

Smackdown Vs Raw 2010: Let the Abilities to be selectable,gameplay was mostly the same which was fine because it worked. Added to Create-A-Finisher, also gave us a better season mode with Road to Wrestlemania but kept Ultimate Control moves and "Struggle" submissions.

Smackdown Vs Raw 2011: Worked on Road to Wrestlemania and CAW Mode and added to Create-A-Finisher, redid the Grapple system again. Only issues, move removal, struggle submissions still being in and One button reversal system.

Smackdown! Just Bring It: Great game, still crap though. Best Free roam though...

Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain: Redefined everything, only issues Time Square Free roam and Season mode being a load of storylines that have already been done.

Smackdown Vs Raw: Kept grapple gameplay from Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain, better Season mode. Crap CAW mode though...

Smackdown Vs Raw 2006: Redefined the series again, Awesome season mode. Better CAW mode and brought us Create-an-entrance.

Smackdown Vs Raw 2007: Added Weight detection, good season mode. Only issue was the Ultimate control moves. CAW Mode Improved again and improved create-an-entrance.

Smackdown Vs Raw 2008: Worse game of the SVR series, Game play got butchered because of the "Classes selection" which added a limitation to the move sets. Also brought in "Struggle" Submissions, which sucked.

Smackdown Vs Raw 2009: Redefined Tag-Team matches, Gameplay stayed the same without the Classes limitation. Brought in Abilities and Create-A-Finisher only problem kept Ultimate control moves and "Struggle" Submission

Smackdown Vs Raw 2010: Let the Abilities to be selectable,gameplay was mostly the same which was fine because it worked. Added to Create-A-Finisher, also gave us a better season mode with Road to Wrestlemania but kept Ultimate Control moves and "Struggle" submissions.

Smackdown Vs Raw 2011: Worked on Road to Wrestlemania and CAW Mode and added to Create-A-Finisher, redid the Grapple system again. Only issues, move removal, struggle submissions still being in and One button reversal system.

skimming trough posts again I see.

To answer - you do realize what you've just wrote is highly subjective, and to make a realistic answer to OP's question we need to gather all of our opinions on the wwe game series and get an average? Your opinion towards HCTP is the only negative one. So in the end HCTP is awesome and only one user thinks otherwise: Don Quixote.

Smackdown Vs Raw 2007: Added Weight detection, good season mode. Only issue was the Ultimate control moves. CAW Mode Improved again and improved create-an-entrance

Smackdown Vs Raw 2011: Worked on Road to Wrestlemania and CAW Mode and added to Create-A- Finisher, redid the Grapple system again. Only issues, move removal, struggle submissions still being in and One button reversal system.

What does this have to do with anything?

@SKYPministry

SVR 8 and 9 are practically identical. The only difference is the inferno match. Oh and 9 had a worse roster.

SVR 10 had some improvements of physics and overall game improvements, some additions... Nothing revolutionary.

Same goes for 11.

Well the only thing that actually stands out is the wwe universe mode. Thats probably the only thing I like about new svr games. The wwe 12 will be revolutionary though, unlike every game from 08+.

What is the most important thing to a game? GAMEPLAY! 08+ have the same sloppy slow gameplay, sunshine.

WWE12 will hopefully have a less limited, faster gameplay which is quite refreshing.

As for your ignorant statement (Hah, ironic much? There you were calling others ironic a moment ago), I may have played 08 at first, but currently I own ever Smackdown and SVR game there is for the ps1,2,3. So don't count my opinion out, I've got more overall gaming experience than you probably, and certainly more wwe gaming experience since I do own every wwe/wwf wrestling game on the sony consoles.

The music playing in the game was an original soundtrack produced solely for the game. sunshine.

Basically it's fun for young kids that haven't played any other game besides maybe Smackdown Vs Raw 2008.

I was there once, and I didn't find svr 08 season mode entertaining at all. I prefer the HCTP 'story' mode.

Well I hate to play Devil's advocate but as it turns out THQ did animate can animate a lot of new moves per year... The only problem is that thoses moves are built for side things.

In svr 2011 1/2 of the new moves were actually desinged for the new top rope grapple mechanic.

I guess that in WWE'12, they had to reanimate moves that use the running to the ropes mechanic...

I was simple giving an overlay, he commented that Every game since Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 has been the same. Which is once again wrong...

He said they've been basically the same except for new modes (Universe ad RtWM) and even after reading why you said I agree with Goku

I was simple giving an overlay, he commented that Every game since Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 has been the same. Which is once again wrong...

Nope. I've stated it was nothing revolutionary, but rather had the same mechanics. Which is something you've proved right, saying how pretty much every game ever since had the same grapple system, the struggle submission, etc.

Overly hyped is something the media, or the company making the game make it to be. I've never seen any trailers regarding HCTP. I've picked it up because the game cover looked good.

Nope. I've stated it was nothing revolutionary, but rather had the same mechanics. Which is something you've proved right, saying how pretty much every game ever since had the same grapple system, the struggle submission, etc.

Overly hyped is something the media, or the company making the game make it to be. I've never seen any trailers regarding HCTP. I've picked it up because the game cover looked good.

I picked it because of the bra and panties.

Sunshine, :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: The "Using a phrase and emotioncon he uses all the time" pun got old the first time you did it. It isn't the best game in the series, Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain is simple what Redefined the series.

... With it's unmatched gameplay, moves, season and everything in between! It redefined the series while being the best in the series. End of.

I still ask, What Match types are missing besides those that sucked to begin with?

I still ask, What makes the season mode so "Awesome"?

Though, THQ I still ask:

Why did you :censored: with something that worked? Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 really didn't need to completely overhaul the grapple system and then you did it again in Smackdown Vs Raw 2011. The Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain Grapple system was perfect, why :censored: with what works?

^I didn't say anything about match types, but now you bing it up: 3 stages of hell, I quit and Special ref.

Season mode was never ending, had many different storylines that, yes, were re-hashes of WWE programming, but isn't that realistic? You have a thing for realism in video games, don't know how you can hate on HCTP's season mode. Let's add to the fact that it was also very fun and it didn't matter if you lost, the story went on.

Three Stages of Hell, pointless. Special Guest referees where also pointless and the I quite match was basically a submission match. The season mode was never ending, I don't think your right on that account sunshine. But the season mode wasn't that grand and "Rehashing WWE Programing" isn't realistic, stop it with the "Realistic this and that" argument because your normally always wrong.

inb4lock (in my own topic, mind you. :hqhq: )

(My) Bottom-line is, thank you everyone for your information on the game. Who would've known a flame war could be so helpful. :D

Mods can close if desired. Question answered, flame-war erupted, and (still) wrong section. Go ahead.

(My) Bottom-line is, thank you everyone for your information on the game. Who would've known a flame war could be so helpful. :D

Mods can close if desired. Question answered, flame-war erupted, and (still) wrong section. Go ahead.

I wouldn't call it a flame war, more like heated discussion.

Three Stages of Hell, pointless. Special Guest referees where also pointless and the I quite match was basically a submission match. The season mode was never ending, I don't think your right on that account sunshine. But the season mode wasn't that grand and "Rehashing WWE Programing" isn't realistic, stop it with the "Realistic this and that" argument because your normally always wrong.

Three stages of hell Is far less pointless then two out of three falls. It's fun, and is a real match type, don't know how that's pointless.

How the :censored: are I Quit and Special Ref pointless when they happen frequently in the WWE. The special ref match is so much fun. Who doesn't want to screw over there mate!

Also, by never ending, I mean you can go back in to the mode and still get brand new storylines, sunshine.

I wouldn't call it a flame war, more like heated discussion.

Well I'm seeing a lot of name calling going around, so I just went with flame war. :lol:

Archived