Here Comes The Pain...

TripleC

"Only wrestling fans play the current games" That's kinda the point...

Why would you isolate wrestling games from everyone else and have this little social group of wrestle fans play their games. That's precisely NOT the point. The point of video games is to be enjoyable by a wide audience to earn the most cash, and of course - to be fun, or realistic on top of all.

As I've asked before, I clearly see you're probably homosexual, since you're so much into isolating things you like from the real world.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Only wrestling fans play the current games" That's kinda the point...

Why would you isolate wrestling games from everyone else and have this little social group of wrestle fans play their games. That's precisely NOT the point. The point of video games is to be enjoyable by a wide audience to earn the most cash, and of course - to be fun, or realistic on top of all.

As I've asked before, I clearly see you're probably homosexual, since you're so much into isolating things you like from the real world.

The thing is, Wrestling isn't something many teenagers are interested in watching, as all they can see in it is two half naked men rubbing against each other, and god forbid one did watch wrestling, he would never hear the end of: "OMG! YOU KNOW IT'S FAKE, RIGHT?" from his friends. That alone makes it much harder for a teenage boy to pick up a game of something they know they'll get ridiculed just for watching, little on playing.

Luckily, some people (eg. Me) have friends who either watch wrestling or respect peoples opinion that they like wrestling.

That's just one demographic, but still, you get the point.

I'd be more interested in trading my copy for the first SVR. Its better than 07, 08, and 09 though. And I'm pretty sure the Mr. America on the first page is a CAW.

Lol, I don't even know how that pic got there. I originally (or I thought anyway) that I had posted (in this order): Hulk Hogan (Tights attire), Jeff Hardy (sitting on the top of a ladder and Ultimate Warrior. Lol, that's weird O_O

Better step in and "Troll" :hqhq: Only kidding, I'm actually going to talk about what made Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain great.

Grapple System: The Perfect Grapple system, much helped with the amount of moves. Easy to do and with the Two button reversal system which was brought into Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain for the first time (No More Square Button to reverse) made the game a lot of fun.

Moves: The amount of Moves was staggering compared to today

Move-set: Each Wrestler/Diva had their own Fight stance, plus they had special move animated for most of the wrestlers. Brock Lesnar's Power Taunt, Stone Colds Flip off taunt, Kurt Angles Moves, Booker T. Did the Hand taunt after his moves, ect.

Free Roam: The Free roam was like Smackdown! Just Bring it, it was realistic and there was a lot to do. But it jumped the shark when it went to Time Square, that should have been left out.

WWE Shop: This was another improvement over having to play years over years in season mode to unlock everything like in Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth.

Two Button Reversal system: This was a brilliant move

Actual Submission system: As we have now with the Breaking point submission much better then the Lock it in does he tap or doesn't he tap like in the past and much better then the "Struggle" Submission

Limb Damage Meter: Let you know when to go for the pin, we have this in the Limb target system.

Standing on Tables: Don't know why they took this out, well they made tables finisher only to make the table matches harder. But we should be able to stand on tables still...since we don't need finishers anymore.

If they could add all this into the game again, it would be great. Though as I said, Realistic Free Roam, NO TIME SQUARE!

SKPT's logic: Like almost every aspect of game except one arena. Flame the :censored: out of the game, because although I liked the game as a whole, some people are saying it's better then what I think it is.

I'm a guy and when I say "Overly Hyped" I'm not talking about trailers and what not. I'm speaking of People hyping it up more then it truly deserves, it's got a fan base for no reason. Simple like WWF No Mercy has, that is what I meant about that. Wait for it! Sunshine... :rock:

It wasn't a bad, horrible game. It wasn't "The Best in the world" either, it was a Good decent game for its time, which has passed.

Whatever, I'm going to play Here Come The Pain now, peace.

The following are the removed characters who are still on the disk:

Hulk Hogan (Current)

Hulk Hogan (Legend)

Jeff Hardy

Rosie

Jamal

Molly Holly

Billy Gunn

Billy Kidman

Bradshaw

Spike Dudley

William Regal

Al Snow

I WISH THEY WERE ON THE GAME :cry:

you forgot the Ultimate Warrior.

It is the best WWE game on PS2, anyone who says otherwise is trippin.

100% in agreement.

It really depends on why you want to buy the game the most, some people hate it because the CAW mode wasnt all that great, but it certainly did have a crapload of other decent creation features, like Create An Animation (which could be used to create walking, running, strike, taunt, fighting stance, and winning animations). Theres tons of moves in Create A Moveset, I believe this was before they started the trend of removing moves. Exibition is really fun, tons of different match types, including Elimination Chamber, Slobberknocker, Special Guest Referee, and my personal favorite..that no longer exists: The Triple Threat Tornado Tag Team match....GOD that match was alwyas fun. HCTP had a great roster, with superstars like Goldberg, Lesnar, Big Evil Undertaker, John Cena, Stone Cold, Batista, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Benoit, The Rock, Eddie, Chavo, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Rhyno, and many more. It had divas like Trish, Lita, Sable, Torrie, Jazz, Stacy, and more. Also legends like Classic Undertaker, George Steele, Sgt. Slaughter, and more.

The best part of HCTP for me, other than doing random matches with Exibition would definately be the Season Mode, it has a very fun season mode, where you decide your character's future based on your actions and your wins and losses. You can almost fully edit the roster to your own liking, you can add/remove superstars from the 2 brands: RAW/SmackDown! You can ask for title matches and win and defend them. You can even request to be traded to the other brand when you're sick of the one you're on, you 1st have to lose whatever title you're currently holding, because you cant take that with you.

The thing that makes HCTP's Season Mode better than RTWM is the fact that you go down so many paths with the same character. You can lose matches, and still progress, but differently. The game didnt force you to go down one path for one title belt. You can go to the GM office, and request a title match for which ever title belt you're in rank for at the time. Your rank is your SP: Superstar Points, you gain/lose SPs from winning/losing matches and your actions with various superstars/CAWs backstage. Oh and you can add your factions, and tag teams to Season Mode, and they will be aknowledged.

One more thing, if you play the game on the SmackDown! difficulty, prepare to get your ass handed to you.

Archived