Paint Tool Mode ??????

KREATIV

It was cute and all....them cutting us out the way they did and taking measures to put texturing to a hault for 2011. But I need this shit to work again. It was too much fun seeing texturing put in the hands of those who actually knew what to do with it... in that one year alone, there were like 4 or 5 completely different styles people developed in learning to do this... the veteran CAW-makers on here all kind of got together and did it the exact the same way...then someone like TZC came along with his own awesome and unique way....I was using weird Facegen face skins coming up with these faces that atleast I, myself, was amazed at, if noone else, as well as using Microsoft Paint to draw up some stuff...et cetera. Just stuff other people weren't doing. And I would just tell people, "Look, this is how I do it...and look at the results I get." and people would still say "Nah....Facegen isn't good for CAWs they haz 2 b hye-kwality!!!111". lol. That easily added crazy longevity to a game I might've otherwise gotten bored of within months. Hell, I always even thought that if the people making this game like wrestling as much as they claim, they would've gotten in on it and made awesome wrestlers for the forums as well...people they'd never get clearance from WWE to make an actual model of. Maybe then, when they try to appoint the person a moveset, they'd realize how much the variety in moves leaves much to be desired. You get all excited because you made a CAW you're proud of, and then it's like, "F*ck....I can't even give him/her a proper set of moves or even just taunts. What a buzzkill." :rolleyes:

People don't get bored of a game like Grand Theft Auto because there's so much to do. WWE 12 and beyond should be like that. So much to do, so much to create, so much to download (DLC and community creations), so many great-looking textured CAWs with distinct-feeling movesets added to an already legendary in-game roster. I want this. I need this. It's been a rough year. I want two things....to my finish my album and to get my hands on the new WWE game and have fun with it. That's about it for my life at the moment. Don't ruin one of those two, unless it's because spending so much time enjoying WWE '12 postpones my album further. :lol:

On another note, I still don't see why THQ went out of their way to make sure we couldn't import PT images anymore. I mean, if they are doing it for "copyright issues" or "unappropriate images", they need to be slapped, because keeping importing out of the game won't stop others from doing it manually anyway.

I mean seriously, if I wanted to make a Pepsi logo for example, or even make a face texture made in the stylings of older SVR games, keeping me from importing the logo isn't going to stop me. I'll just copy the picture I was going to use on my pc pixel by pixel until it is an exact replica, and upload it to CC anyway. The only purpose I see the restriction is for is to piss us off when we have better things to do.

I personally think the restriction is a horrible sales tactic, simply because importing pictures makes the creation in the game much better. In the creation areas of the games, we can now use Paint Tool for Signs, Shirts, Tattoos, Titantrons, etc. Being able to recreate our favorite custom logos or tattoo styles without having to take heaps of time out of our schedule to create them is a big deal to most of us.

If the option to import a correctly sized photo into Paint Tool was implemented, and they hyped it, I can guarantee that this option alone would help get more sales.

^ Brilliantly put. :cool:

This game looks awesome in terms of roster and [what appears to be] gameplay improvement. The creation modes are plentiful, things are looking great, but man....if they got CAW mode right this year [and left another little PT hole for us]....dude...just....dude...I'd be happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LLowrxCDxk

I'm hoping that eventually someone will be able to exploit the PT file again. It was a timesaver.

Or THQ could let us actually import a JPEG image from our PC stick it on a usb and then transfer it on Paint Tool would be much more easier.

I'm hoping that eventually someone will be able to exploit the PT file again. It was a timesaver.

Or THQ could let us actually import a JPEG image from our PC stick it on a usb and then transfer it on Paint Tool would be much more easier.

THQ won't make it an ingame option for a while. They would need to create a user friendly mode. One that allows importing, editing, resizing/slicing, and conversion to the bmp format they use.

95% of the people who buy these games wouldn't cut up, resize, and save as a bitmap BEFORE transfering it over.

I'd be happy if they just removed the checksum that stifled the update to the program we all knew and loved.

I'm a bit realistic. I don't hope that they will one day remove crotch blur. I just hope they don't patch the exploit. So I don't hope they add this feature... I just hope the remove the thing that stops creative programers from doing it themselves.

:rock: I hadn't had a single issue with the Paint Tool in 2011, I believe it was fine. I didn't see any need for any Hacks to screw with it, but like my signature says about that. Besides that, I believe the ability to upload straight from a computer is no only lazy but pathetic. How about working to create something instead of finding it online and transferring it over?

:rock: I hadn't had a single issue with the Paint Tool in 2011, I believe it was fine. I didn't see any need for any Hacks to screw with it, but like my signature says about that. Besides that, I believe the ability to upload straight from a computer is no only lazy but pathetic. How about working to create something instead of finding it online and transferring it over?

Working hard on something is fun...to a point. Then it's just annoying and sucks all the fun out of itself when you realize, "F*ck, I just wanted to make 123 Kid for myself and the CAW world to play with and enjoy....but I've been working on this for days to weeks and I now find that it's more like I'm forcing myself to continue perfecting the simplest design on Paint Tool when I've had the right face, figs, attire layout, and moveset from the 1st week ot two of working on it."... Hell, the only CAW I released in '11 required no paint tool whatsoever. lol. Was PT fine in 2011?...Sure. Way easier since you could designs to help make stuff, but after awhile, tedium sets in and you think, "Man, with PTexplorer, atleast I could have a decent face skin to show for all the f*cking trouble I just went through to produce these attires." I'll let others fight the fight on move variety, match types and what not....the ability to texture is the particular frontline I'm gonna man for now.

*looks into the crowd* "That's right I'm a CAW guy!....Know who else was a CAW guy?....CAW-makers!...And these days, most of THEM can't even be bothered to make more than like 5 or 6 people in a year! And alot of the time, it's them collabing with someone else to avoid wanting to blow their f*cking brains out!" lol

If you complain about texturing, you can't do it correctly, and are not looking at the bigger picture. Even way before models looked as great as they do now, I had this mindset of "I wish there was a way to make CAWs look comparable to in-game models." and PTexplorer brought us the closest we've been to that in a long time. I know it's kind of your thing to start arguments on here as of late, but how could anyone have a negative view on texturing...especially with how bad CAWs (and dare I say the entire game for alot of us) suffered in 2011 without it?...:huh:

Thats cool, you have your opinion, we have ours. You go ahead and continue to either make mediocre PT logos, or spending hours on end on good ones while we stand up for what we want. Unlike you, we have lives to get back to. "How about that? :rock: "

EDIT: BTW, some of us have skills on the PC to CREATE our logos and textures which could be used for PT Logos. It isn't always as easy as finding a picture of a T-Shirt and copy-pasting the logo off of it.

Hi :)

The thing is, you can make from scratch a quality cloth texture/logo/face skin or whatever much quicker and easier on a PC program than in paint tool. You're restricted on colours used, transparency and the tools to do it. So while a lot of people would only rip a t shirt design with the ability to import, being all lazy and pathetic as you say, there's a much bigger range of opportunities to it than just that.

I spent months working out how to make face textures fit the model every time without trial and error. Got to the point where I could create one and split it into 9 (!) for a 384x384 super hi res look that made the in game models look bad. You go look at the stuff I posted, and you'd see it was iffy. Nowhere near perfect- I never got the colour values down, making custom skins from various net pictures was better at times than others but they can really make a positive difference to the likeness. And I was hoping to build on all that in '11.

I think the point is, you can work on uploading things just as much and more as you can work on them in paint tool. You just get (potentially)a much better result working outside of it.

I completely forgot about this until seconds ago...Must've played with this 100 times and it was never even officially finished. It was pretty close to SvR2011-time, so I didn't care to finish it. Imagine where this could have gone with a slight bit more face morphing, maybe different eyebrows...et cetera...

0004297.jpg

0004299.jpg

0004300.jpg

0004302.jpg

0004304.jpg

0004305.jpg

I wanna give this another shot... c'mon, PTexplorer... This game won't be quite as cool without you. I promise.

Oh Id like to see you create the nwo hollywood rules shirt perfectly made. Its too impossible and if Tekken hadent of hacked it over their is no way it would of made itself on line. People want things to look realistic. Some things just aint possible in PT. I wouldnt mind so much if they let us use a sodding mouse.

Oh Id like to see you create the nwo hollywood rules shirt perfectly made. Its too impossible and if Tekken hadent of hacked it over their is no way it would of made itself on line. People want things to look realistic. Some things just aint possible in PT. I wouldnt mind so much if they let us use a sodding mouse.

Or a digital drawing tablet. It would be nice to use that $300 piece of equiptment sitting on my desk for something other than work or little side projects. That is one of many reasons why I'd like the hack back.

• 1 year later...

Archived