Paint Tool Mode ??????

KREATIV

As long as we can maybe do a lil' summ-summ to it like we could in 2010, I won't mind it. I really need simplified texturing to make a comeback. I really hate the tedium of having to Paint Tool certain things that I could either find an accurate picture of or draw up better in Microsoft Paint... I took forever just trying to complete 123 Kid's PT work in 2011 and bored/stressed myself out of ever finishing it. lol. I'll deal with it this year, but being able to texture would help.

I liken the ability to texture to like....the first time a partner goes down on you and you think..."Ok, this is beginning of the rest of my sex life... anything less from here on out will be disappointing." :rolleyes::lol:

I wouldn't hold my breath on it being any different then last year's game. The focus for WWE12 seems to have been solely aimed at the gameplay, with a little emphasis on adding to the more central modes and tools like Universe, Story Designer, ETC. I doubt we'll see any major overhauls of PT until WWE13, if even then.

I hope for a few new things to ease creation, and transparency. Not being able to use the fonts to write without the blur is a problem.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it's exactly the same

The return of transparency was said to be confirmed some time ago. Hopefully it isn't another half-truth of some sort. Hopefully isn't selective and limited as hell compared to what it was. And yeah, easing creation would be as simple as someone finding us a functional, bright, shiny, new PTexplorer. The skin tone issue will be annoying, but that's really all I feel I need. Not a big fan of 2011's face skins either, and it appears we have pretty much the same shit to deal with this year...hard to make anyone look above-decent. But hey....I'm ready for whatever. I just don't wanna be disappointed.

You're right about getting less info.

There's almost nothing to talk about on the discussion boards >:(

Aw no constant new info..boojoo,Some games take months at a time to give full new info too,Almost nothing to talk about?..The only thing left to be revealed is Universe/RTWM/the titles/DLC and Brock's profile info and there have been plenty of info with tons of videos with leaked footage&stuff,Plus a month is still plenty of time to know the rest!!!!

The return of transparency was said to be confirmed some time ago. Hopefully it isn't another half-truth of some sort. Hopefully isn't selective and limited as hell compared to what it was. And yeah, easing creation would be as simple as someone finding us a functional, bright, shiny, new PTexplorer. The skin tone issue will be annoying, but that's really all I feel I need. Not a big fan of 2011's face skins either, and it appears we have pretty much the same shit to deal with this year...hard to make anyone look above-decent. But hey....I'm ready for whatever. I just don't wanna be disappointed.

I meant transparency actually within paint tool.I settled for making my own skins the hard way for a while in '11. If I had PT trans and a proper colour bar I could get by doing things I did with PTE/Xport without it, without them looking plastic. Tough work up to before though is an understatement.

:censored: locked that down hard and fast didn't they? No maybe next year on that one.

I meant transparency actually within paint tool.I settled for making my own skins the hard way for a while in '11. If I had PT trans and a proper colour bar I could get by doing things I did with PTE/Xport without it, without them looking plastic. Tough work up to before though is an understatement.

:censored: locked that down hard and fast didn't they? No maybe next year on that one.

Yeah, I kind of expected them to make it harder to do, but I didn't realize they would just shut it the f*ck down the way they did. Only like 1 or 2 people figured out the tedious process involved with getting it to work. Texturing was one of the main things I was excited about doing for 2011. It just adds that extra touch of 'f*ck yes'. lol. Making Pillman and New Jack was just as hard and time-consuming; that just made it all 100% worth it in the end, as opposed to "Well....I did the best I could and I guess it doesn't suck." lol. This year's roster is incredible, gameplay looks pretty; and yet, WWE games live and die on CAW mode and move variety for me. When all's said and done, if everyone's doing the same ish, I'll get bored. If CAW mode sucks or is too tedious, I'll stress myself into bailing on whatever I'm working on.

Hopefully transparency for PT is in next year (maybe even this year? who knows) to save us a layer...but, as long as transparency is indeed back, I'm content with just putting a colored square or somethin' over the PT file and adjusting the transparency on that. :fedup:

Hopefully they made it easier, I don't know what it is, whether it's f'd up, too hard, I'm dumb, or what but I can't make crap to save my life. It took me 30 minutes to make Skip Sheffield's S. 10 Minutes to make the Nexus Logo. 10 Minutes to Make a Pepsi logo (not for Punk nor am I making it because of Punk, I just drink nothing else but Pepsi.) Point being is making simple crap is too complicated for my liking. 2010's Paint tool trick was GOD! I was churning out CAWS left and right because I didn't have to worry about the paint tools being miscolored and inaccurate and I'm a retard when it comes to "detailing." I make good faces and attires but Paint tool is a BITCH! The only things that turned out right in PT for me were my Pepsi logos, Tassles, custom logo, and Anarchy A. Hopefully this year if it's easier I can make wrestler PT's, the GnR Logo I never finished, The Deathbat, and a few other things, maybe even my guitar :lol:

Also B7 worded it perfectly, the paint tool stressed me the :censored: out because even making a perfect circle with the circle tool didn't come out right. Reminds me that also making the A Perfect Circle logo was almost impossible for me.

Let us import images from our PC for offline use. That would be awesome.

You can. Its called a xport. But only works for 2010.

Hopefully the blurring hack isnt fixed this year as it seriously ruins a attire then they blur things.

You know what irritated me? Before 2011 release, I prepared. I made a bunch of logos in Photoshop... from custom attires for original caws to logos for Kevin Sullivan, Hugh Morrus, Harlem Heat etc. Then I waited for a 2011 pt hack that never came. So I spent all that time going through old vids and drawing accurate/detailed logos from scratch in Photoshop for no reason. At best, they are now just really good and flat ref pics, but I have no interest in meticulously recreating them in Paint Tool aka handicapped MS Paint. With a yearly PT hack, I, as well as so many others, can easily recreate guys we made in previous years so we have more time to focus on making new ones that we haven't done yet.

Imagine. Less than a month after release, there would already be a HUGE library of high quality CAWs from dozens of creators.

Yeah I can imagine, but what can we do. It didn't take long to lose interest in '11 what with the same gameplay, move cull, PT hack disabled and transparency removed.

I fought to get a hold on making skins that fit properly from scratch in game as the main challenge and interest - got the basic idea down but was hampered by the lack of true colour choice and the lack of motivation to continue, since there was no life to a match, everyone wrestled the same slow teleporting way repeating and no selling the same boring moves.

Even though there's no significant differences with the creation mode this year other than the incredibly useful trans back I'm still hopeful I'll feel compelled to make a decent roster for it because the game's looking good this time.

Being able to flesh out the entire experience with created rings, stables, stories, belts and most of all having fun using creations looks like it's going to make '12 caws.ws sections a busier place than in the past few years. They've certainly added and changed toward peoples preferences more this time than any other.

Unless there's some shocking disgraces buried away yet to learn of :lol:

I've got a couple more ideas for adding decent looking custom skin tones providing transparency is fully back.. And there we go. It's sh**ty in a sense it's become, the main focus of satisfaction with this creation thing is now overriding the numerous limits of the system rather than playing it. Could be said for many of the modes. But then, that's right. Nothing else like it, best there is, and I keep getting it.

Sorry - I can't make my mind up if I'm knocking or praising it 8-)

I really wish '11 had the PTE because the stuff you showed DBE, was quality. I could have built upon my work over another year. We all could have fine tuned ways on importing some brilliant stuff. A lot of people judged PT hacking on the raw import of miscoloured badly fitting past game face textures. It didn't have to be like that.

I took photos of myself from 4 angles, made a flat face skin, sized it with the caw template I made and split it into 4 128x128 - and I tell you now it was f'n scary how accurate I was :o Like a proper model.

Ah. Memories. Nothing stopping me working on '10 again I guess 8-)

Realistic thinking: Its most likely unchanged.

Rant: I dont know WHY they chose to change the color option on SVR2011, but its terrible. IMO, there wasnt a damn thing wrong with the color option for SVR2010's paint tool mode....but like they always do, they had to go and fix what wasnt broken.

Rant: I dont know WHY they chose to change the color option on SVR2011, but its terrible. IMO, there wasnt a damn thing wrong with the color option for SVR2010's paint tool mode....but like they always do, they had to go and fix what wasnt broken.

Hey hi. I thought it was always the same from the start? In fact I know it was. You could never change light/shade of the colours seperately like in the rest of caw mode.

I don't know why they used that limitation but I wish they hadn't.

T'was great applying full colour with 256 levels of transparency within PaintTool Explorer.

I always wanted to draw a few useful shapes as extra designs to use as a repository for custom detailing but without the choice to fade them in- useless.

IMO, they need a full R,G,B spectrum for WWE '12... That way, we can recreate logos using the Photoshop/Grid method to perfection.

Not sure if I used that word correctly, but I'm sure you know what I mean. :hqhq:

Archived