The Best and Worse of Dirt Sheets

Gooner Lad

Correction, you THINK it's true. Tell me, man, where did you hear this story of the Undertaker incident? A dirtsheet. What's the number one rule of dirtsheets? Take whatever they say with a grain of salt. You cannot call a wrestling dirtsheet reliable. Yeah, they get shit right sometimes, but I've seen more bullshit than actual truth from dirtsheets. Much more bullshit.

There's a possibility that Punk dropped the belt because of his Cena remark. But that's all it is. A possibility. Not fact.

I can remember stories about how CM Punk had major heat backstage. Yet he still managed to win the ECW Title, WWE Tag Team Titles, IC Title and 3 World Heavyweight Championships when these bullshit stories were being reported.

He did, the undertaker thing......

What undertaker thing?

Supposedly, when Punk was champ back in 2009, Undertaker came up to him and said that as champion, Punk should dress better (suit and tie), and Punk responded (supposedly), "What about John Cena?". Apparently, this got him major backstage heat, and that's why he had to drop the title to Undertaker.

Thanks and now that you said that it makes perfect sense for him to have dropped the belt to Undertaker. Some of the greatest superstars in this business whenever they won a title they mostly wore something that was nice looking for a champ to wear. It shows that the title is being cherished forever whomever may be the champ at the time. CM Punk had no right to question a veteren's wise words.

Yeah. let's ever forget Stone Cold held the belt.

Just so you know, the dress code only pertains to everyone, as long as it doesn't interfer with their character. So the only exceptions would be Austin, Cena & Taker, at least that's the way it's been reported anyways, for Austin, Cena & Taker, not having to follow the dress code, champion or not.

Correction, you THINK it's true. Tell me, man, where did you hear this story of the Undertaker incident? A dirtsheet. What's the number one rule of dirtsheets? Take whatever they say with a grain of salt. You cannot call a wrestling dirtsheet reliable. Yeah, they get shit right sometimes, but I've seen more bullshit than actual truth from dirtsheets. Much more bullshit.

There's a possibility that Punk dropped the belt because of his Cena remark. But that's all it is. A possibility. Not fact.

True. :cool:

I can remember stories about how CM Punk had major heat backstage. Yet he still managed to win the ECW Title, WWE Tag Team Titles, IC Title and 3 World Heavyweight Championships when these bullshit stories were being reported.

He did, the undertaker thing......

What undertaker thing?

Supposedly, when Punk was champ back in 2009, Undertaker came up to him and said that as champion, Punk should dress better (suit and tie), and Punk responded (supposedly), "What about John Cena?". Apparently, this got him major backstage heat, and that's why he had to drop the title to Undertaker.

Thanks and now that you said that it makes perfect sense for him to have dropped the belt to Undertaker. Some of the greatest superstars in this business whenever they won a title they mostly wore something that was nice looking for a champ to wear. It shows that the title is being cherished forever whomever may be the champ at the time. CM Punk had no right to question a veteren's wise words.

Yeah. let's ever forget Stone Cold held the belt.

Not once did I forget Stone Cold held the belt, not at all. If anybody remember the angle in which he came out in a suit only to rip it off?

I remember in the build up to an Elimination Chamber match back in 2003 there was reports that Sting was going to debut. It was the Elimination Chamber with HHH vs Goldberg vs Jericho vs Nash vs HBK vs (I think) Kane.

I remember at one point in the match when Goldberg an HHH were the last ones left, everyone was sure Sting was about to appear, but instead Triple h just pinned Goldberg an won lol.

Then ofcourse the whole Sting/Undertaker thing at WrestleMania 27 comes to mind. But I'm not sure if that rumour was started by dirt sheets or fans.

^^It was started by fans, the dirtsheets just egged it on.

Those weeks were awesome.

"Oh my god! Did you see the boot? It's in a shape of a scorpion! It's Sting!"

All the hype and constant talk about either Brock Lesnar or Sting facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania was hilarious beyond belief. There wasnever ANY chance of either man facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania but people genuinely thought one of them would be Taker's WM opponent.

Infact, every build-up to Wrestlemania is a laugh riot on these boards. EVERY year fans come up with some of the most delusional, fantastical, outlandish booking ideas for Wrestlemania and they actually seem to think there's a good chance of their fantasy becoming a reality. One of the funniest Wrestlemania build-ups of all time was Wrestlemania X8 back in 2002. Most fans, straight after witnessing the debacle known as the Invasion angle presumedly had their minds wiped by the MIB flashy thingy as they seemed to think Vince was going to put on the ultimate WWF vs WCW show at Wrestlemania X8. "Apparently" Goldberg, Sting, the nWo and a whole host of top WCW names were all going to start appearing in the build-up to Wrestlemania. Only the nWo showed up and 2 of them had matches at Wrestlemania and only 1 of the matches was any good and for all the wrong reasons. But my god was all that shit entertaining! Thanks caws.ws members for keeping fantasy booking ideas alive! You've kept me entertained for years!

I remember during the summer of 2007, there was a report stating that Orton would defeat Cena at Summerslam and win the WWE title. Tons of people took it as fact and assumed Orton'd leave SS as champ. I think that even prompted a "If Cena Wins We Riot" sign at that PPV. Lo and behold, Summerslam approached and Cena beat Orton. This was still when the crowd had alot of older fans so this came as a shock that the reports were wrong. I remember seeing a vid post show where Cena posed with the "Riot" guys and dared them to come into the ring and riot.

Good times.

Archived