Xbox 360 open tray error?

Acid6D94

Ok for a year or so now my xbox has had to "warm up" for about 15 minutes or so to read my games. Now my xbox for the past two weeks has had even more problem reading games, I let it warm up for like an hour and it still doesnt read the games... it just says reading then pops up open tray. It eventually reads the game after fighting with it for a while. Does this sound like the open tray error, because if it is I can fix it easily

Had this exact problem about a year ago, which virtually ended in me needing a new 360. What it sounds like is your disc lens is dirty if it cant read discs. So my advice to you is buy one of those cleaning discs and see if that helps the problem.

The reason i had to get a new 360 was i waited too long and my console wouldnt even read the cleaning disc so i cracked open my xbox and manually cleaned the lens. It works fine except one of the times when i put it back together i must have not put something back right and it scratched the shit out of one of my discs. So i dont recommend you doing that unless you know someone who can do it professionally. So try one of those cleaning discs, you can get one from any store that sells electronics, walmart, best buy, etc.

EDIT: Also this happened to a friend of mine and if the cleaning disc wouldnt read he used compressed air to blow the dust out and that worked too. So theres that.

Had this exact problem about a year ago, which virtually ended in me needing a new 360. What it sounds like is your disc lens is dirty if it cant read discs. So my advice to you is buy one of those cleaning discs and see if that helps the problem.

The reason i had to get a new 360 was i waited too long and my console wouldnt even read the cleaning disc so i cracked open my xbox and manually cleaned the lens. It works fine except one of the times when i put it back together i must have not put something back right and it scratched the shit out of one of my discs. So i dont recommend you doing that unless you know someone who can do it professionally. So try one of those cleaning discs, you can get one from any store that sells electronics, walmart, best buy, etc.

EDIT: Also this happened to a friend of mine and if the cleaning disc wouldnt read he used compressed air to blow the dust out and that worked too. So theres that.

I was told compressed air would fix it, but where can I buy it... I havent found it at walmart or kmart.

I know Staples has cans of compressed air. Or if you know of any place around you that only sells computer supplies that would be where to find it. Best Buy might even have it im not sure ive never looked there.

I know Staples has cans of compressed air. Or if you know of any place around you that only sells computer supplies that would be where to find it. Best Buy might even have it im not sure ive never looked there.

Ill try best buy and office max since they are right beside each other.

I had an open tray error once and after cleaning the lens failed to fix the problem I found another solution somewhere. Take out any game in the 360 and restart it. Open and close the disc tray 5 times, restart the Xbox and repeat once. After restarting for the second time try your game again.

This happened to me like 2 months ago, I tried cleaning the lens, that didn't work so I resorted to putting a wieght over the lens, I put a bottle of whiskey where the lens is on the xbox. That worked for a while, then after 2 weeks of it working fine, the whole thing just died, right in the middle of a caws FIFA tournament.

Had to buy a new Xbox in the end.

Archived