Differences between FIFA games and WWE Games?

SuicidalKissesProduction™

Does the FIFA Games look different compared to the WWE Games?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Does the FIFA Games look different compared to the WWE Games?

• Yes, FIFA Games look different.
    • No, What's the differents between FIFA 1999 and FIFA 12?
    • Why is this here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dy6idVegV4

Let me explain before this gets into a spam post argument, alright another user and I have gotten into an discussion about Game Engines and how the FIFA games look different from 1999 to FIFA 12 because they have a completely new game engine well WWE is still using the same Game Engine as it was in the first Smackdown game.

So does FIFA 1999/FIFA 12 look different?

Does Smackdown 1/Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 Look the same?

Differnces between Fifa and Smackdown?, Alright, A Ball, 11 players wres... oh wait, you said no spam..?

Anyway, both have cleary changed and why show Fifa 12, not not WWE 12?. But yeah, too be fair, neither really change much, but still, we still love the two series, so why not?

SKPT you word it so other members will say they look different, the proposed question should be 'is it the same core game engine, from 1999 to 2011' not do they look different.

It should be,

'Is the same game engine apparent through out the whole wwe games series, from SD to wwe12'.

And the same for FIFA, are both series running on the same engine from 1999.

I have to agree with Ernez, because ive never played the Fifa games so from no experience with the game i cant really give a great opinion. But from just these videos sure the Smackdown series look like they have evolved more than the Fifa games.

The football players and the pitch in FIFA 2012 are bigger than FIFA 1999 so yes FIFA 1999/FIFA 12 does look different.

WWF Smackdown 1 looks very cartoony whereas WWE Smackdwn vs Raw 2011 looks close to real so no they don't look the same.

My opinions are a bit biased as I haven't played the fifa series. In my honest opinion I see more changes in the WWE game than I do the fifa game.

Well you have to play the game before you notice everything

Fifa has changed the most definitely, all THQ/Yukes are doing is getting back the features from WWF No Mercy, Fifa is one of the best games in the planet looking at its sells, competing with Modern Warfare and Gears of War, I can never see a wrestling game doing that.

For me the game play in Fifa has not changed in the last 5 years, now I said game play not engine. Now wwe feels a little different in game play again I said game play not engine. I like Fifa I've played it a few times not as much as wwe but to each is own.

This is a great topic.

While I don't have much experience with FIFA, I have played some. It's an apt comparison this year because of the reaction FIFA 12 is getting from fans of the sport and game reviewers alike. Clearly that franchise has made huge strides to appeal to their fanbase and its become a much better game for it. IGN gave FIFA 12 a 9.5. NBA 2k12 got the same score. If FIFA (and NBA) can get a score like that, then theoretically so can the WWE games, if THQ works for it.

Based solely on those videos though, I think the evolution between 1999 to 2011 is pretty similar, on a superficial level. The graphics and animations are clearly twelve-years-of-tech better in both games. If I didn't know better, I would say both games had new engines.

I think the real difference is in how each one plays and how they accurately simulate their given sport (or sports entertainment).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dy6idVegV4

Let me explain before this gets into a spam post argument, alright another user and I have gotten into an discussion about Game Engines and how the FIFA games look different from 1999 to FIFA 12 because they have a completely new game engine well WWE is still using the same Game Engine as it was in the first Smackdown game.

So does FIFA 1999/FIFA 12 look different?

Does Smackdown 1/Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 Look the same?

Answer to #1) No

Answer to #2) Yes

If FIFA really did get a new engine, that was a very stupid move. I have played the older FIFA games, and after seeing FIFA 12, I have concluded the only change they have made is that you have a "victory pose" after you score. You still have the same old stuff again.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Neither engine was broken, but both have room for improvement. A new engine for FIFA was not needed IMO.

I don't agree with the comparison as a whole. FIFA is a soccer game, and Smackdown games are WWE games. 2 completely different genres. Visually? You can compare there evolution, but that's pretty much it. There's a vast amount of variables that you have to factor into a professional wrestling game that it can never be compared to any other sports genre. Just like you cant compare 2K basketball to EA football, or FIFA to Golf. There all different sports. But anyway, visually, I think SvR has progressed more.

Does Fifa change much storywise? Theres nothing they can change is there? Just the graphics and who's on what team? Whereas WWE have stories to play, which are completely different to the last year (RTWM, or how Season use to be).

I dont play the Fifa games much anymore, but they never changed much, just the controls, the graphics, the kits 7 who was on what team. /where WWE games have a significant change every year - Looking at it like that, we shouldnt really complain as much as we do :lol:

A slightly biased opinion above, but I did use to be a fan of the Fifa series...

I don't agree with the comparison as a whole. FIFA is a soccer game, and Smackdown games are WWE games. 2 completely different genres. Visually? You can compare there evolution, but that's pretty much it. There's a vast amount of variables that you have to factor into a professional wrestling game that it can never be compared to any other sports genre. Just like you cant compare 2K basketball to EA football, or FIFA to Golf. There all different sports. But anyway, visually, I think SvR has progressed more.

Nic has the same game engine been used since 1999 for SD games?

Is it just me or does this comparison of wwe games and fifa happen every year. I vaguely remember this last year too.

Either way, Virtue said the same thing I was going to say. The comparison as a whole isn't valid.

Stuff like soccer etc are fairly basic in its foundation. Wrestling, though, may sound simple, but the amount of variables you must take into consideration is astounding.

The closest comparison you can make is an MMA game... but even that is stretching it... a lot.

I don't think it's crazy to compare WWE to any other sports game. You talk about "variables"...but there's variables in any sport. The rules stay (mostly) the same, but plays change, TV presentation changes, players develop unique styles and mannerisms. There's unique aspects to wrestling like storylines and match types, but sports game have career modes, franchise modes, etc.

In fact, THQ staff have often referenced NBA 2k11 as the bar they are aiming for.

I don't think it's crazy to compare WWE to any other sports game. You talk about "variables"...but there's variables in any sport. The rules stay (mostly) the same, but plays change, TV presentation changes, players develop unique styles and mannerisms. There's unique aspects to wrestling like storylines and match types, but sports game have career modes, franchise modes, etc.

In fact, THQ staff have often referenced NBA 2k11 as the bar they are aiming for.

Variables that you cant compare to a sport opposite from said sport. THQ has always tried to be like sports games. SvR 2008 with superstar "Fighting Styles", taken straight from Madden 08 and All Pro Football 2K8. Now trying to be noticed as a Sports game with the "WWE'12" name change, like NBA 2K and Madden. The unique aspect to wrestling isn't story lines and match types, its how the fundamentals of wrestling is displayed and duplicated in the game, replicating real wrestling. Story-lines and match types are just a bonus.

Sports games are the same way. They vary in the way the sport is played, mannerisms as you said, styles, specific moments, what and what doesn't cause penalties, ect. They ALL differentiate depending on the sport, so its hard to compare them to that such as a Wrestling game.

Mr. McMahon once said "WWE isn't a sport, it's entertainment" so obviously you can't compare them saying storywise while Fifa is a sports game, not a entertainment game(like soaps, dramas). Fifa has soooo much longevity now with Ultimate Team and Career mode. I don't understand how you can compare WWEgames to Fifa, while Fifa is competing with Modern Warfare and Gears Of War sells.

Cause were on a wrestling game forum, being bias will come in %75 of the time.

As a fan of both, I would say Fifa evolves more, sure it looks more like its stale but thats because Football isn't changing his looks where the WWE is a entertainment show and therefor changes its style quite often.

When I buy Fifa, I usually get the old basics but it allways feels better and updated. Where the difference in SvR 09/10 was just the switch with the reversal and a few wrestlers, moves etc. Exactly the same with 10/11.

I personally think that Fifa evolves more. The main issue with this is that they just don't change the game itself. They are now starting a new series and they still use the old engine. Honestly, if WWE 12 is just half as good as I am expecting it to be they should work on a completely new game and take longer and really update the game.

As a fan of both, I would say Fifa evolves more, sure it looks more like its stale but thats because Football isn't changing his looks where the WWE is a entertainment show and therefor changes its style quite often.

When I buy Fifa, I usually get the old basics but it allways feels better and updated. Where the difference in SvR 09/10 was just the switch with the reversal and a few wrestlers, moves etc. Exactly the same with 10/11.

I personally think that Fifa evolves more. The main issue with this is that they just don't change the game itself. They are now starting a new series and they still use the old engine. Honestly, if WWE 12 is just half as good as I am expecting it to be they should work on a completely new game and take longer and really update the game.

Said very well, it's the engine

I'm not trying to flame here (Afterall my biggest issue with THQ is their attitude to patching the game)however, this comparison seems horribly one-sided. In the thread where you dicussed with Achilliesdude how much WWE Games have evolved and how FIFA stayed the same, you provided no reason as to why WWE games have evolved.

What i'm trying to say is, Why don't you provide examples of how WWE games have evolved. Give examples of things in WWE 12 that haven't been in ANY previous WWE game. I'm talking as far back as the Snes all the way to Xbox 360 and PS3. You will not find much(not including graphics here). The point Achilliesdude was making was that Fifa has a Next Gen (current now) Engine. WWE 12 does not. FIFA 12 is a true simulation of Football. WWE 12 is not a true simulation of Wrestling.

The best way to explain my point is by refering to racing games. You have arcade racers like Burnout (WWE All-Stars in Wrestling terms) then you have the part arcade, part sim like Need for Speed Shift and finally you have Gran Turismo and Forza which are true simulations of racing. WWE 12 is the Need for Speed Shift of Wrestling games. We don't have that true simulation because we lack a Next Gen Engine.

*edited font size*

I'm not trying to flame here (Afterall my biggest issue with THQ is their attitude to patching the game)however, this comparison seems horribly one-sided. In the thread where you dicussed with Achilliesdude how much WWE Games have evolved and how FIFA stayed the same, you provided no reason as to why WWE games have evolved.

What i'm trying to say is, Why don't you provide examples of how WWE games have evolved. Give examples of things in WWE 12 that haven't been in ANY previous WWE game. I'm talking as far back as the Snes all the way to Xbox 360 and PS3. You will not find much(not including graphics here). The point Achilliesdude was making was that Fifa has a Next Gen (current now) Engine. WWE 12 does not. FIFA 12 is a true simulation of Football. WWE 12 is not a true simulation of Wrestling.

The best way to explain my point is by refering to racing games. You have arcade racers like Burnout (WWE All-Stars in Wrestling terms) then you have the part arcade, part sim like Need for Speed Shift and finally you have Gran Turismo and Forza which are true simulations of racing. WWE 12 is the Need for Speed Shift of Wrestling games. We don't have that true simulation because we lack a Next Gen Engine.

" My my what big letters you have grandma said little red rideing hood " :spas:

There is a lot of new content you can go back to RTWM or GM mode and don't forget universe. Then you have create a finisher and create an entrance, custom logo, superstar tread editor I mean come on there is a ton more changes that they have done and don't forget the stuff they took out like backstage brawls new match types come on can you really say they don't update or add more content on a year to year basis than fifa, I don't think so.

Archived