Audio Issue For 360...

DeathByChainsaw

Yeah thats what Im saying. Its easier for me to go in the one time and edit it like I said because I have the 250 gig hard drive and other than smackdown and GTA saved to the hard drive I still have like 85% if not more of my hard drive to waste so I store ALL my music on there. Plus Ive been doing this since SVR07 so all the music is organized in a TNA, ROH, Dragon Gate, WWE, ECW, WCW(you get the picture)folder. I only have to lower the volume again because when Im not playing SVR I usually put the volume back up to its maximum setting for when Im cleaning or whatever. Otherwise it will always stay at what you set it at.

as i use stream, what i do is, in my wrestling music folder have another folder specifically for themes edited for the game, put them in there, then save it the song as a playlist and select it in the game. i've gotten pretty good with audacity to spot when a theme will be to loud or to quiet.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I said pause i mis worded what i meant. I mean i just pressed the home button, move over to the right and select music. I pick a random song off my playlist (its always Reys first theme since its caled 619 and number beat letters on a playlist) move down to the pause, rewind, stop, fast forward, shuffle, volume buttons under the song title and then lower the music to about 25%. When the next wrestler comes out his theme isnt too loud so its like:

DDP comes out but his theme is too loud

Go to playlist and pick a song during his intro

Lower the volume from volume controls

Stop the random song

DDP's theme should be normal volume

Next Caw (Sting)will have his theme already lowered to a reasonable level.

So, as long as the HD music volume is set lower, the custom themes from the HD will be lower?

i think that's what he's saying (as long as the songs are actually on the 360's hard drive), personally i find just lowering in audacity to be easier, plus i can add arena effects while i'm at it.

Appreciate the in-system hint, but I'll stick with trying to fix the audio at the source. It's just annoying to try that with the 50+ wrestlers I wanna create. On top of that, I'm having issues getting ripped music to clear onto my 360.

I think what really gets me, tho, is what this represents. Yes, it's a small issue. Yes, they're in the middle of implementing a new system. But the fact that it seems to not have been addressed, and this is a problem that has never been an issue in the code of previous games, it just annoys me about how they do things at Yukes and THQ. Especially since so much stuff is, once again, being pushed off to "maybe next year." It just does more damage to one's beliefs into how well this company makes the game we love.

But hey, we'll see how it turns out.

When I said pause i mis worded what i meant. I mean i just pressed the home button, move over to the right and select music. I pick a random song off my playlist (its always Reys first theme since its caled 619 and number beat letters on a playlist) move down to the pause, rewind, stop, fast forward, shuffle, volume buttons under the song title and then lower the music to about 25%. When the next wrestler comes out his theme isnt too loud so its like:

DDP comes out but his theme is too loud

Go to playlist and pick a song during his intro

Lower the volume from volume controls

Stop the random song

DDP's theme should be normal volume

Next Caw (Sting)will have his theme already lowered to a reasonable level.

So, as long as the HD music volume is set lower, the custom themes from the HD will be lower?

i think that's what he's saying (as long as the songs are actually on the 360's hard drive), personally i find just lowering in audacity to be easier, plus i can add arena effects while i'm at it.

Appreciate the in-system hint, but I'll stick with trying to fix the audio at the source. It's just annoying to try that with the 50+ wrestlers I wanna create. On top of that, I'm having issues getting ripped music to clear onto my 360.

I think what really gets me, tho, is what this represents. Yes, it's a small issue. Yes, they're in the middle of implementing a new system. But the fact that it seems to not have been addressed, and this is a problem that has never been an issue in the code of previous games, it just annoys me about how they do things at Yukes and THQ. Especially since so much stuff is, once again, being pushed off to "maybe next year." It just does more damage to one's beliefs into how well this company makes the game we love.

But hey, we'll see how it turns out.

again, to avoid the ripping to hard drive hastle you could do the same as me and just stream from a computer. (my original Xbox barely ever ripped the songs correctly, it pissed me off.)

Looks like the cracks for this game are starting to show. Months of praise, seems like a lot of the classic SVR bugs or problems will still be prevalent.

I also guess this means they won't add reverb to custom themes, so they'll sound off anyway.

Oh yeah man your so right. Music being a bit louder than it should, thats the last straw man! It completely cancels out everything great about the game! No one should even think about buying it now because of this. Damn THQ! Damn them for being unable to fix a minor problem! They totally owed us this!

:facepalm:

I generally dont have the ripping problem because my friend buys all the theme music disks so I just borrow them from him and save them to the hard drive. I think the only theme I had to rip about a year ago that was a pain was when I did Hamada and Stan Hansan for a friend. Those two themes did not want to rip not for the life of it.

I generally dont have the ripping problem because my friend buys all the theme music disks so I just borrow them from him and save them to the hard drive. I think the only theme I had to rip about a year ago that was a pain was when I did Hamada and Stan Hansan for a friend. Those two themes did not want to rip not for the life of it.

where they MP3s? the 360 loathes MP3 files.

lol they were. I didnt know at the time. Figured it out after redownloading the themes multiple times

WAV files worked best i found, just never mix and match different file types on the disc for ripping, it won't turn out well, you will have wasted a disc, you will want to smash your Xbox like the Hulk after playing Ninja Gaiden.

Hated when custom themes blast if it is a problem the best bet is to get Audacity and lower the gain on the mp3 files, i lowered most of mine to -5dB and the songs played at a decent volume and i can turn up the volume on my TV a bit now.

if i may add my process to this, just for people who want to add arena effects, heres what i do.

lower the song by about 5 through the amplify effect (change the amount depending on how loud the original was)

open Gverb for the arena effects, i'll post the settings i use if anyone asks.

once i do that, i open amplify again, if its set to amplify it by anywhere between 2 and 3, i add a - and amplify it down again. then its usually good to go.

Hated when custom themes blast if it is a problem the best bet is to get Audacity and lower the gain on the mp3 files, i lowered most of mine to -5dB and the songs played at a decent volume and i can turn up the volume on my TV a bit now.

if i may add my process to this, just for people who want to add arena effects, heres what i do.

lower the song by about 5 through the amplify effect (change the amount depending on how loud the original was)

open Gverb for the arena effects, i'll post the settings i use if anyone asks.

once i do that, i open amplify again, if its set to amplify it by anywhere between 2 and 3, i add a - and amplify it down again. then its usually good to go.

I wouldn't mind those settings. :)

I believe the pause issue is a reference to matches where superstars came out over the course of the match, such as in the Royal Rumble. if the custom music was playing and you paused, and then unpaused, the music will not continue to play.

frankly, i'm not to bummed out about this, its why i have audacity. but i swear, if all the glitches that caused the game to freeze and need the system reset are still present, the zodiac killer mark 2 will strike again :shifty:

I think it was more so referring to the glitch that occurred constantly on the PS3 version (dunno about Xbox) where whenever you paused the game, if the last person to enter the ring before a match started had custom soundtrack music, when you unpaused the game it would start playing everything in that media folder on repeat until the match ended. In a related glitch, if the winner had a theme that was in the game to begin with, the song would keep playing after the match ended overtop of the winner's theme (which could be heard faintly in the background.)

I found this glitch happened about 80% of the time I played with entrances on. Sometimes it wouldn't occur when I went into highlight reel or didn't unpause for awhile, but it usually happened whenever I paused and unpaused, regardless of what menu I went into.

They knew this problem since last year but they can´t fix it? Someone is lazy.

Of course their lazy they didnt have a problem with the audio pre 2010. THQ has always been lazy. Fans point out a flaw in the game upon a month or two after the games out and all THQ will say is we ll make sure its fixed for next years game. Never mind the fact that they just made profit on their current release and should fix that one but they wont because they have our money so they dont give a shit.

If THQ dont want to be assed in fixing it I might just debate whether I really need to buy this years game.

Not a big issue to me, since I edit my songs. I am curious to find out what the "Pause Glitch" really is. If its that thing where the song pauses in CAE before it actually plays, then I'll be happy, because I always try to create entrances according to the music.

BTW, for you guys that need to edit a lot of songs for your 360, I was looking through threads and found what I used to use. MP3Gain.

1) Place all of the songs you want edited into a folder on their own.

2) Open MP3Gain.

3) Set "Target "Normal" Volume" to 89 (Default should be 89, so if it is, leave it)

4) Press "Add Folder" and find the folder you have all of your songs in.

5) After making sure these are the songs you want fixed, and the Target Volume is 89, Go to "Modify Gain" at the top, and press "Apply Album Gain". This should fix all of the music for you.

6) Use whatever method you use to put your music onto the 360, and test the music. It should sound a lot closer to the in-game sound than it did before.

If THQ changed the volume on songs again, like they did from 2010 to 2011, we will have to find a new value to use for correct volume in WWE12.

again, it´s not a big issue, but they know this problem since the day scr 11 come out. We shouldn´t be talking about this problem because they should have released a patch to fix this in last years game.

They will most likely never put patchs out due to promoting the current game after release and making the next game.

What is the "Pause" issue?

I'm not sure if it was on the 360, as I played 2011 on the PS3~ But I think what they're talking about is sometimes the game would play one of your CAW's themes if you paused then unpaused. Besides using a CAW in the match, I don't think there was anything that triggered it, just pausing and unpausing lol.

What was the volume issue?

Custom themes were a notch too loud so you couldnt hear the ring announcer. Its nothing that huge.

That and the song restarted after the replay was over after the match.

What was the volume issue?

Custom themes were a notch too loud so you couldnt hear the ring announcer. Its nothing that huge.

That and the song restarted after the replay was over after the match.

Oh yea i forgot about that. That might have been fixed though since they only said the volume problem is still there. Who knows.

No it stays low because your pretty much lowering the volume on the system so any song you play will stay at the volume you set it at. I think for me the only song thats a bit loud even after I do that is Kanes Slow Chemical for the first few seconds because of the explosion from the pyro bit.

Also btw i tried that last night and it didnt seem to work for me. :fedup: Ah well ill live with the volume issue, or just get quieter songs before putting them on my xbox.

Archived