Boxing Thread

RVD 4:20

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*censored* THIS SHITTY DECISION. THIS IS SO *censored*ING AWFUL. SERIOUSLY HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?

*censored* the Pacman. Not as if he hasn't robbed Marquez numerous times.

Their last match is definitely arguable. But the first win was very close and could really have gone either way. Hell their first match shouldn't have been a draw if it weren't for a judge's mistake.

*censored* the Pacman. Not as if he hasn't robbed Marquez numerous times.

Champs get extra benefits, so my dad says. Like, if the challenger was more or too defensive, then that affects how the they're scored. I watched their last fight and Marquez was DEFINITELY super defensive. I'm not sure though, just what I was told.

Apparently the rematch posters were made two weeks ago.

Boxing has been corrupt as shit for ages. It's all about commercial benefit now UFC/MMA is taking over.

If MMA gets legalized in New York it will be the steak through the heart of boxing.

I certainly hope boxing recovers from this. The idea of an exciting Heavyweight division could really re-invigorate the entire sport. But the fact that this decision is the biggest headline for boxing in awhile is a problem, especially when great fights go under the radar.

Also, side note. This is from a few weeks ago, but it's Junior Dos Santos saying how he could fight a Klitschko with three months of prep. Thoughts?

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=32118&more=1

The only thing that can save boxing at this point is if an American Heavyweight just goes on a tear, a-la early Mike Tyson.

Nothing will save boxing, not that it is dying as much as people make it sound. Boxing has slowly lost the mainstream's interest over the years, yet major fights are aruably bringing in more revenue. PPV numbers are also great for mega fights. Mayweather/Cotto had 1.5 domestic buys. The last time the UFC hit 1 mil buys was Cain/Lesnar. The numbers for Pac/Bradley haven't been released, but their expected to at least be 700k. Two PPVs in the UFC hit 800k. While the numbers don't look that far away, they're not close. The UFC numbers are not domestic numbers, they're international numbers. Boxing's numbers are domestic and released by HBO or Showtime. The same goes for WWE's PPV numbers (though I believe they include Canada in the domestic numbers).

Also, side note. This is from a few weeks ago, but it's Junior Dos Santos saying how he could fight a Klitschko with three months of prep. Thoughts?

Dos Santos would get wrecked in boxing against either Klitshko. I would be interesting in seeing Dos Santos vs Vitali with kickboxing rules. That would make it more fair for Junior and as Vitali was a kickboxer before a boxer it wouldn't be like he was totally out of his element.

Julio Chavez Jr vs Sergio Martinez has been signed. That sounds like an interesting fight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived