Boxing Thread

RVD 4:20

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We have received the tragic news that Wallington's super-middleweight boxer Lewis Pinto has taken his own life this morning.

The 24-year-old from Wallington made his professional debut at Elephant & Castle in April, when his army of fans from around the country saw him beat Danny Dontchev comfortably on points, after a successful couple of years competing on the amateur circuit and in the Queensbury Boxing League.

Lewis's manager Mickey Helliet confirmed the news when he tweeted today: "I am very very sorry, something terrible has happened but the rumours are true my boxer and good friend Lewis Pinto, hung himself this morning."

Lewis was tipped as a boxer with a bright future and this is shocking news. Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time. And from BritishBoxers and I'm sure the whole of the boxing community, we offer our deep felt condolences and pray you find peace in Lewis' memory.

Utter, utter shocked with this, me and my brother were not long ago talking about his debut since my brother actually knew him, the guy had massive potential and was just starting out his career, a proper local lad as well, a real, real shame to the boxing world over the weeks, dunno if my brother actually knows since hes gone away for a few days

I haven't seen a robbery like this since I lived in Chicago. Ridiculously horrible judging. I literally stopped watching when the bell rung in the 12th and then someone texted me all pissed about the result so I had to turn it back on and get mind*censored*ed like everyone else.

! SPOILER ALERT !

The decision was so BS. In each and every round you could see Pacquio had the upper hand, he always had Bradley on the ropes, had him stumbling in the first couples of rounds and just out shined him in the later rounds. I don't watching boxing that much, but you HAD to see that Pacquio was the better fighter. He kept landing good punches, he never really ran out of energy or used energy where he didn't have to and was in total control.

Bradley was barely doing anything at all. He was throwing weak punches, couldn't get through Pacquio's defense 75% of the time and just looked like a real rookie. When the fight was over, I was expecting a unanimous decision for Pacquio, but it turned into a horror show. A split decision for Bradley. I don't think I've ever been this confused about anything in my life, honestly. This is no joke.

I watched for twelve rounds Pacquio just being the better man, but Bradley wins? Obviously the judges weren't watching the same match I was. My dad said the same thing. Pacquio won, hands down, but the judges must have taken some sort of pay off to give the match to Bradley.

Even if I were a fan of Bradley I'd be very disappointed because he had to know he was going to lose. Either the judges are blind or I am, but something just wasn't right tonight. I rarely watching boxing events, and now, I doubt I ever will again. The scores were a disaster, and if you can't have judges that can score fairly, watching a boxing match isn't even worth it.

Bob Arum, CEO of Top Rank promotions, promotes both Pacquiao and Bradley. Which means maximum profits for Arum.

If Pac won, he would have no one left to fight. Since Bradley won, there can be a re-match. "We'll make lots of money on the rematch, but this is *censored*in nuts." - Arum after the fight

Also take into account, Pacquiao is leaving Top Rank soon. So giving Bradley the win gives Arum a new cash cow to put in all the big fights., including the rematch with Pac.

Archived